British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

Great Britain v Australia - Glasgow, Saturday August 4 - 3pm

Would be surprised if any of the poles are happy with this taking place a day before their matches with their top boys riding in it. I’m surprised more haven’t pulled out. 

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Sad 1

Must say I am surprised Mark has not selected Troy Batchelor before either Rohan or Jack. Whether they like each other is immaterial this is business.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fingersfin said:

Great Britain  
Tai Woffinden 
Craig Cook 
Dan Bewley 
Chris Harris 
Steve Worrall 
Adam Ellis  

Australia 
Chris Holder 
Max Fricke 
Brady Kurtz 
Sam Masters 
Rohan Tungate 
Jack Holder

The Final line ups. 

Tasty! 

Six a side?

I read somewhere that International matches are six a side. Only the messenger.

5 minutes ago, SPD444 said:

Must say I am surprised Mark has not selected Troy Batchelor before either Rohan or Jack. Whether they like each other is immaterial this is business.

Maybe it is the other way around and Batch doesn’t want to deal with the guy,like one or two Danes don’t want to deal with Nielsen?

On 7/25/2018 at 3:50 PM, Gambo said:

I believe ;) it is:- 6 Man Teams, 15 Heats. (12 Programmed Heats + 3 Nominated).

Top two riders (from each team) to be in Heat 15.

This man is never wrong :D

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

Maybe it is the other way around and Batch doesn’t want to deal with the guy,like one or two Danes don’t want to deal with Nielsen?

Could be, Mark didn't select him the Speedway of Nations meetings so maybe he has got the hump. He did guest for the Aces when Craig was ill I think?

22 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I think my missus will disagree with you there! :D

Coming up for this one. Not been to Glasgow for years and certainly not since the alterations. Can anyone tell me what the parking situation is?  There used to be a small car park next to a social club but don't recall it being big enough for the expected crowd. Appreciate any information, thanks

20 minutes ago, coldace said:

Coming up for this one. Not been to Glasgow for years and certainly not since the alterations. Can anyone tell me what the parking situation is?  There used to be a small car park next to a social club but don't recall it being big enough for the expected crowd. Appreciate any information, thanks

There is a large manned, you have to pay, car park west of the stadium, no more than 10 minutes walk away. Try scrolling down the official Facebook page. It gives maps, train and other info 

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

But what if there is (perish the thought) a four-man pile-up in the first heats?  They will HAVE to have at the very least a local standby reserve each.  Jye EghedidgeofJosh Pi keyring for Aussies, and, er, er, dunno for GB. I get 6-man teams, but..... 

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Would be surprised if any of the poles are happy with this taking place a day before their matches with their top boys riding in it. I’m surprised more haven’t pulled out. 

Tough breast if they aren't happy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

What Polish matches on Sunday ?? Lodz v Gdansk, Rzeszow v Bydgoszcz and the Extraleague riders championship.

8 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Seems quite likely to happen. How hard would Schlein try if riding for GB against Australia? With no Doyle and no Lambert ( for various reasons ) it looks more and more like a Championship lineup. Issue the teams , as known today please. We know that riders can be injured at any time so why do we not know of the "squad" members? 

None of the Aussie team ride CL and nor does Woffy so can't agree with that. Looks like two evenly matched sides to me, should be good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

What Polish matches on Sunday ?? Lodz v Gdansk, Rzeszow v Bydgoszcz and the Extraleague riders championship.

I think Blobby is probably green with envy that Glasgow are hosting this and thought he'd stir the pot a bit.

• Like 2