British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

Great Britain v Australia - Glasgow, Saturday August 4 - 3pm

Well that's that for another twenty years or so. The sooner we get to a one big league situation, with riders doing off track jobs to supplement their income (instead of begging on Twitter), the sooner we face reality. Never mind any excuses you lot in the team, you should be thoroughly ashamed of that..... Another nail etc.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Well that's that for another twenty years or so. The sooner we get to a one big league situation, with riders doing off track jobs to supplement their income (instead of begging on Twitter), the sooner we face reality. Never mind any excuses you lot in the team, you should be thoroughly ashamed of that..... Another nail etc.

Deary me you take defeat badly, I applaud those who have taken over Team GB for at least doing this meeting in the first place, hopefully it will be something that will happen on a regular bases both here and abroad. 

I don`t see how going to one league would make this team any better, quite the opposite in fact.

• Like 2

Hmmm!...not an auspicious start to a new Test era. Lambert would have helped but GB are still lacking depth.

3 minutes ago, screm said:

Deary me you take defeat badly, I applaud those who have taken over Team GB for at least doing this meeting in the first place, hopefully it will be something that will happen on a regular bases both here and abroad. 

I don`t see how going to one league would make this team any better, quite the opposite in fact.

I didn't say that it would did I? Going to one league would be more realistic than the current set up. We aren't an international force and it's time to face reality.

I just hope the meeting was well supported, I also hope they do a couple more..... 

So I guess Aussie won - so what, why not. Its the first test match in years Team GB has been in (Great Britain is too long so I gonna keep calling them Team GB or even GB). The youngsters have got to start somewhere and now they done it. Its a yardstick been laid and that's a good thing.

• Like 3

Agree with the above thoughts, never nice to lose but it's a starting point. None of the Aussies apart from Proctor double up over here but instead ride in Sweden and Poland regularly, maybe therein lies the difference in class. Worrall is coming back from a broken leg and Ellis & Bewley have time on their side so it's not all doom and gloom.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trees said:

I just hope the meeting was well supported, I also hope they do a couple more..... 

Best they check with Lambert for convenient dates first  :D

There is a reason Tai does not ride in the U.K.  Lets face it if he did then he would be scoring maximums every meeting but would it make him a better rider, no - its competing with the top riders in Poland, Sweden etc. that keeps him sharp and at the top of the game.  Only one in the Aussie team double up here the others are abroad and until the GB riders do the same we will never be at their level consistently.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Lambert was never in the team for today and his absence was explained and arranged a time ago.

Am I right in thinking the last GB team test was against Denmark in 2004?

29 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Would be sensible to check that everyone can make it yeah ...... no doubt for Robert this break was a one off .....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GWC said:

Am I right in thinking the last GB team test was against Denmark in 2004?

v Sweden - Smallmead Stadium - Reading

1 hour ago, screm said:

Lambert was never in the team for today and his absence was explained and arranged a time ago.

I know screm, maybe you missed the smiley face  :cheers: