British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

Great Britain v Australia - Glasgow, Saturday August 4 - 3pm

9 hours ago, JCookie said:

Glasgow have done a wonderful job with the stadium and facilities but, as the racing and criticism from a couple of riders proves, still work to do on the bit that matters.

Right to the heart of speedway's problem. Poor racing of not much interest, other than to purists. Speedway, never mind Glasgow ( which did well to put on such a match ) still has a lot of work to do on the bit that matters. If it is all over, in almost each race, within 150 yards we are unlikely to pull in the new fans the sport needs.

• Like 1

Wonderful job done by the Facenna brothers to renovate the old stadium and a very good presentation yesterday but I felt that the track was too narrow and rather bumpy to encourage good, close racing.  A real shame as the crowd were enthusiastic and willing the Brits to succeed.

I must admit that after three years of watching racing at the NSS each week, it highlights the problems we have with many of our tracks and their preparation.  I do, however, applaud the efforts to put such a meeting on and will support future such events. The club and their fans were first class.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, coldace said:

Wonderful job done by the Facenna brothers to renovate the old stadium and a very good presentation yesterday but I felt that the track was too narrow and rather bumpy to encourage good, close racing.  A real shame as the crowd were enthusiastic and willing the Brits to succeed.

I must admit that after three years of watching racing at the NSS each week, it highlights the problems we have with many of our tracks and their preparation.  I do, however, applaud the efforts to put such a meeting on and will support future such events. The club and their fans were first class.

2 hours ago, coldace said:

Unfortunately it's only the fans that think track preparation is not up to scratch a lot of the time.

Not sure about that, I feel that the riders are becoming more vocal on the subject now and with good reason.

• Like 1

Having just read the programme, I have to say a huge well done on that too. From one who usually just checks out the photos, I read every page

4 hours ago, coldace said:

Not sure about that, I feel that the riders are becoming more vocal on the subject now and with good reason.

I agree.    Top class footballers and cricketers play on immaculate pitches but we expect our top riders to ply there trade on some awful surfaces.   No excuse for Swindon a few weeks ago and I've seen other tracks just as bad.     Riders should be vocal.

I'd imagine the state of some of the tracks is why several riders do not want to ride here for a whole season.

• Like 1

For all those not at the match there's lots of brilliant photos on Tiger official Facebook page and post match interview and reaction from Sam masters and Craig cook 

• Like 1