British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

Great Britain v Australia - Glasgow, Saturday August 4 - 3pm

35 minutes ago, DJC said:

Think the lad at Kent is Welsh? Nathan Stoneman? Born here in Cardiff I believe

Great.I was thinking there was more chance of a Scot or two with the track situation,but you are right!!

http://www.nsr13.co.uk/profile

• Like 1

Any news on the Aussie team line up yet?

Ellis last name. Lambert stepped down due to fatigue 

• Confused 1

And a pre booked holiday. Don't like it but can understand his need for some R & R.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

And a pre booked holiday. Don't like it but can understand his need for some R & R.

I have no problem with it.   He's a 20yr kid in his first big year of being under pressure daily so why not take a few days off to freshen up in a planned gap.  Can you think of another sport where the stars work  6 or 7 days a week in 3 or 4 different countries for 6 months non stop.   Not forgetting the support team.   

• Like 2

Totally agree about Robert Lambert being allowed to miss, The fixture was only announced recently he saw a gap in his calendar and wanted some chill time... If the fixture had been announced in March then i could see it being a problem but for me let him rest... 

Should be a good meeting , I suspect the Aussies will be Doyle, Holder, Fricke, Holder, Kurtz & Grajczonek

1 hour ago, psycho3a said:

Totally agree about Robert Lambert being allowed to miss, The fixture was only announced recently he saw a gap in his calendar and wanted some chill time... If the fixture had been announced in March then i could see it being a problem but for me let him rest... 

Should be a good meeting , I suspect the Aussies will be Doyle, Holder, Fricke, Holder, Kurtz & Grajczonek

Surely Tungate and Batchelor will get into the mix? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Surely Tungate and Batchelor will get into the mix? 

Even Proctor is a better choice than Grajczonek

1 hour ago, psycho3a said:

Doyle, C.Holder, Fricke, Masters, Kurtz, J.Holder

2 hours ago, psycho3a said:

Fair enough, but I'll be keeping an eye open for the results from the big grass or long-tracks in Germany or somesuch places over the weekend, just in case it's a working holiday.

Must be a doubt about Doyley, as Gary May said on TV last night, during the Kings Lynn V. Somerset match that Jason would return from injury a week tomorrow, August 8th, when the Rebels take on Wolves at the Oak Tree Arena...

Seeing Chris Holder in Britain again, plus Tai Woffinden leading GB, makes this a really 'big' meeting, and Glasgow will surely be seeing their tickets flying out the door (or the website) this week.    We've booked ours -- but will there be a pay-at-the-door facility, or is it tickets only?

Don't want to be funny but if this meeting doesn't sell out then speedway really is in serious trouble.

• Like 1