British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

Great Britain v Australia - Glasgow, Saturday August 4 - 3pm

3 hours ago, jeffster said:

Must be a doubt about Doyley, as Gary May said on TV last night, during the Kings Lynn V. Somerset match that Jason would return from injury a week tomorrow, August 8th, when the Rebels take on Wolves at the Oak Tree Arena...

Doyle tweeted on 26 July that it was a shame he couldn't ride today (for his Polish club) but back next week. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Don't want to be funny but if this meeting doesn't sell out then speedway really is in serious trouble.

Shame its not more central, not the easiest track for many but nice to see Glasgow get a big meeting

Edited by Mark

Can anyone tell me, where can you sit or stand at Glasgow, haven't been for years and just wondered whether you can stand on the back straight.  Thanks

4 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

Can anyone tell me, where can you sit or stand at Glasgow, haven't been for years and just wondered whether you can stand on the back straight.  Thanks

Yes large viewing area on the back straight. The GrandStand has sold out. You can walk around the whole track and find your spot. 

3 hours ago, Uluru said:

Seeing Chris Holder in Britain again, plus Tai Woffinden leading GB, makes this a really 'big' meeting, and Glasgow will surely be seeing their tickets flying out the door (or the website) this week.    We've booked ours -- but will there be a pay-at-the-door facility, or is it tickets only?

Pay at gate for any tickets left. 

4 minutes ago, Fingersfin said:

Yes large viewing area on the back straight. The GrandStand has sold out. You can walk around the whole track and find your spot. 

Cheers.

On 26 July 2018 at 10:36 AM, Mr Blobby said:

Think it has more to do with allied being sponsors of team GB.

Team GB thankfully no longer exists

It is Great Britain - just as it should be

• Like 1

12 hours ago, psycho3a said:

Totally agree about Robert Lambert being allowed to miss, The fixture was only announced recently he saw a gap in his calendar and wanted some chill time... If the fixture had been announced in March then i could see it being a problem but for me let him rest... 

Should be a good meeting , I suspect the Aussies will be Doyle, Holder, Fricke, Holder, Kurtz & Grajczonek

So you're asked if you'd "like to" represent your nation, the World Champion will be there, even bloody Tai is riding for us (God Bless Him) and you pull not even with a sicky but to have a rest?

Not on in my view. I was considering a near 12 hour round trip drive to see this very special meeting. It makes you think twice.

I'll say more....

This is a very special meeting, designed, in part, to capture the public's imagination. Those of us who remember test matches of old know precisely what I mean. For the newer fans, don't you want to beat those Aussies? I for one, don't want to be playing the "What if" card if we lose. We don't want to leave anything out there do we? This is historic.

Edited by False dawn
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, False dawn said:

So you're asked if you'd "like to" represent your nation, the World Champion will be there, even bloody Tai is riding for us (God Bless Him) and you pull not even with a sicky but to have a rest?

Not on in my view. I was considering a near 12 hour round trip drive to see this very special meeting. It makes you think twice.

I'll say more....

This is a very special meeting, designed, in part, to capture the public's imagination. Those of us who remember test matches of old know precisely what I mean. For the newer fans, don't you want to beat those Aussies? I for one, don't want to be playing the "What if" card if we lose. We don't want to leave anything out there do we? This is historic.

I have been “lambertlasted” by mostly Kings Lynn fans for having the temerity to say Lambert should cancel his “holiday” to ride in the meeting. To cry off as tired is feeble in the extreme, especially for a kidof his age. Very poor imo.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I have been “lambertlasted” by mostly Kings Lynn fans for having the temerity to say Lambert should cancel his “holiday” to ride in the meeting. To cry off as tired is feeble in the extreme, especially for a kidof his age. Very poor imo.

Oo eck. The World's about to end. False dawn and Steve Shovlar agreeing! 

What next? We might both be right at the same time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Oo eck. The World's about to end. False dawn and Steve Shovlar agreeing! 

What next? We might both be right at the same time. 

No we are both wrong, judging by the stick I have been given on the Poole v KL thread. :rolleyes:

There isnt a right or wrong in this case - only opinions

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

There isnt a right or wrong in this case - only opinions

The one person who has a half way credible reason to miss this meeting is Jason Doyle. Will he be missing? Not on your Kelly. 

You're wrong, with respect. You can ask if this is right or wrong. And I'll counter you at every turn. 

2 minutes ago, False dawn said:

The one person who has a half way credible reason to miss this meeting is Jason Doyle. Will he be missing? Not on your Kelly. 

You're wrong, with respect. You can ask if this is right or wrong. And I'll counter you at every turn. 

You obviously feel far more strongly over this matter than I do which is why Im less inclined to defend a position 

Ultimately there are far more important things to get worked up about than 1 rider missing a hastily arranged friendly, even one tagged as a test match

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

…..hastily arranged friendly, even one tagged as a test match

I don't see the word (or concept) "friendly" ever mentioned except by you to support your argument. You won't see Max or Craig or anyone else in the pits on Saturday treating this as a friendly. If you've degraded this meeting to that level in your mind, you've missed the point.

• Like 1