British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

Coventry v Mildenhall - 29 July 2018

The start time for this meeting that I was looking forward to, has been switched to 6.00pm.

But due to that change, I am unable to attend.  Why oh why don't clubs just stick to original dates and in this case times, so we can organise our lives properly.

There are more things in life than just speedway.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mimmo said:

The start time for this meeting that I was looking forward to, has been switched to 6.00pm.

But due to that change, I am unable to attend.  Why oh why don't clubs just stick to original dates and in this case times, so we can organise our lives properly.

There are more things in life than just speedway.

No reason given but I doubt it was Coventrys choice to change the time.

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Probably changed to assist with track preparation in this heatwave.

I believe it is. They can do some track work once the meeting finishes and get a load of water down later than if it was 3pm.

There seemed to be an issue about the later start time for some reason and there were doubts about the meeting going ahead but Coventry confirms it will be on and at 6pm.

COVENTRY can confirm Sunday's match against Mildenhall at Leicester is definitely ON with a 6pm start.

The club cannot use the stadium for their usual 3pm start, but with the meeting pushed back by three hours, it does go ahead.

Coventry Speedway would like to thank the Mildenhall promotion for their understanding in agreeing to the change of start time.

• Like 1

Both sides will be at full strength for the two weekend meetings.