British Speedway Forum
james1234

Grand Prix Calendar and Venues 2019

We now know the Cardiff date for next year is 21-09-2019. Wonder when others will get released and if there will be any new venues.

Edited by james1234

I would think Målilla and Hallstavik will return. Torun will probably be in as well and the same goes for Horsens.
If there will be Målilla, Horsens and Hallstavik next year they need to spread them out more.

10 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

I would think Målilla and Hallstavik will return. Torun will probably be in as well and the same goes for Horsens.
If there will be Målilla, Horsens and Hallstavik next year they need to spread them out more.

WARSAW and Prague (probably). Personally, would drop either Malilla or Hallstavik (lack of Swedish riders) and have an early SGP at the NSS in Manchester. British fans are generally more supportive of the riders whatever their nationality and the gap from say May to September wouldn't detract from Cardiff. It might even help.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

have an early SGP at the NSS in Manchester. British fans are generally more supportive of the riders whatever their nationality and the gap from say May to September wouldn't detract from Cardiff. It might even help.

Hope not, if there is another GP in Britain then make it in Scotland somewhere and somewhere that holds at least 20,000

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Hope not, if there is another GP in Britain then make it in Scotland somewhere and somewhere that holds at least 20,000

DOUBT whether you would get 20,000. Can get 10,000 into NSS with temporary stands etc and you don't have the expense of putting in a track (estimated at £250,000)... the perfect one is already there.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DOUBT whether you would get 20,000. Can get 10,000 into NSS with temporary stands etc and you don't have the expense of putting in a track (estimated at £250,000)... the perfect one is already there.

Discussed this with friends in Cardiff and at Lynn last night.Would love to see it in Manchester and i would definitely go up there to see it.Should drop one of the Polish rounds imo.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

The track is a massive plus but would rather see it somewhere else, racing aside the NSS just doesn’t do it for me, you have got to think big and believe that they could get 20,000 in the right stadium 

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Discussed this with friends in Cardiff and at Lynn last night.Would love to see it in Manchester and i would definitely go up there to see it.Should drop one of the Polish rounds imo.

THAT won't happen but one less in Sweden would be sensible.

It says the capicity for the NSS is 6000, your not going to get 4000 on a tempory stand on the car park ?? What was the crowd for the World Cup a couple of years ago? Was it 8000 and something ?

5 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WARSAW and Prague (probably). Personally, would drop either Malilla or Hallstavik (lack of Swedish riders) and have an early SGP at the NSS in Manchester. British fans are generally more supportive of the riders whatever their nationality and the gap from say May to September wouldn't detract from Cardiff. It might even help.

Don't see how a GP at Manchester will help the Cardiff attendance. With the September date clashing with the football season, T20 finals day at Edgbaston, plus a lack of accommodation, a GP in Manchester might give fans particularly in the north and Scotland a chance to do a GP without the considerable  cost that goes along with Cardiff. If ever the Championship 4's isn't the night before Cardiff it could decimate the attendance at Cardiff.  

23 minutes ago, therefused said:

Would definitely go to Manchester for a Grand Prix. Hope there is one. 

Me to, but surely that would have a detrimental affect on the crowd at Cardiff.  

21 minutes ago, screm said:

Me to, but surely that would have a detrimental affect on the crowd at Cardiff.  

I think it's the same for the Swedish GPs, especially when being so close together.Personally I would scrap both Målilla and Hallstavik and have the GP at Västervik. ;)
I know Målilla is well established and G&B is a very good arena. Västervik is a nice little city on the coast though and I think it would be a nice place
for a gp. Especially now when the track have become really good. It won't happen though. ;)

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

Looks like Łódź could be on the calendar for next season, so which polish track will be dropped ? Google translate this 

żużlowego stadionu w Łodzi, a Orzeł Łódź już otrzymał propozycję organizacji na nim Grand Prix w 2019 roku! Promotorom cyklu Grand Prix można zarzucić wiele, ale nie to, że nie znają się na polityce i biznesie. Dziel i rządź, a konkretnie dziel i zarabiaj miliony – to hasło, którym Anglicy od lat kierują się w negocjacjach na temat organizacji rund GP w polskich miastach. 

W niedzielę w Łodzi otwarcie nowego stadionu. Orzeł w ramach meczu Nice 1. LŻ podejmie Zdunka Wybrzeże Gdańsk. Obiekt jest bardzo podobny do toruńskiej Motoareny. Ma tylko mniejszą pojemność trybun (ok. 10 tysięcy ).

Promotor cyklu Grand Prix, brytyjska firma BSI, już skierowała do Orła ofertę, na organizację turnieju Grand Prix! Do tej pory w walce o organizację rund GP od 2019 roku były tylko Gorzów Wielkopolski i Wrocław. Jak się okazuje dla promotora to zbyt mała konkurencja. To jednak nie jedyny powód zwrócenia się z propozycją do łódzkich działaczy. Wiadomo bowiem, że potencjał stadionu w Łodzi jako pierwsi chcieli wykorzystać promotorzy mistrzostw Europy, którzy są największymi konkurentami Anglików. 

42 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Looks like Łódź could be on the calendar for next season, so which polish track will be dropped ? Google translate this 

żużlowego stadionu w Łodzi, a Orzeł Łódź już otrzymał propozycję organizacji na nim Grand Prix w 2019 roku! Promotorom cyklu Grand Prix można zarzucić wiele, ale nie to, że nie znają się na polityce i biznesie. Dziel i rządź, a konkretnie dziel i zarabiaj miliony – to hasło, którym Anglicy od lat kierują się w negocjacjach na temat organizacji rund GP w polskich miastach. 

W niedzielę w Łodzi otwarcie nowego stadionu. Orzeł w ramach meczu Nice 1. LŻ podejmie Zdunka Wybrzeże Gdańsk. Obiekt jest bardzo podobny do toruńskiej Motoareny. Ma tylko mniejszą pojemność trybun (ok. 10 tysięcy ).

Promotor cyklu Grand Prix, brytyjska firma BSI, już skierowała do Orła ofertę, na organizację turnieju Grand Prix! Do tej pory w walce o organizację rund GP od 2019 roku były tylko Gorzów Wielkopolski i Wrocław. Jak się okazuje dla promotora to zbyt mała konkurencja. To jednak nie jedyny powód zwrócenia się z propozycją do łódzkich działaczy. Wiadomo bowiem, że potencjał stadionu w Łodzi jako pierwsi chcieli wykorzystać promotorzy mistrzostw Europy, którzy są największymi konkurentami Anglików. 

Just more propaganda against BSI and the English ;)