British Speedway Forum
james1234

Grand Prix Calendar and Venues 2019

1 hour ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Hoping the SON will be there. Stadium will be sold out for sure.

8 minutes ago, Mark said:

Another bit of brain dead management to have SON in Russia.    The most difficlut place to get to for the huge majority of European fans and a terrible track for racing.

Well there we have it. Two posts about having SoN in Russia, presume Togliatti, and two completely opposing opinions. So is SoN Russia going to be a roaring success or a complete failure.

Just now, RPNY said:

Cant begrudge far off venues getting ONE event. They are also the reigning champions.Even the Champions league Final was in the Ukraine this year...

You cant use the Champions League as an example.  Loads of football played that side of Europe so they deserved a top game and the Euro's a few years ago.  I think the country geared up for a huge influx of fans, laws were relaxed, policing, visa's etc     Speedway is different.  

3 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Well there we have it. Two posts about having SoN in Russia, presume Togliatti, and two completely opposing opinions. So is SoN Russia going to be a roaring success or a complete failure.

It may not be a failure but, reading this forum,  the track is poor for racing.  It's from the gate in most races.    Crowds may be decent but not many will travel from the hard core of European fans who support the GP / SWC / SON each year.      The track is in the middle of nowhere.   

26 minutes ago, Mark said:

Another bit of brain dead management to have SON in Russia.    The most difficlut place to get to for the huge majority of European fans and a terrible track for racing.

If they fill it with Ruskies... Who cares?

Just now, iainb said:

If they fill it with Ruskies... Who cares?

you miss the point,  read the post above

9 minutes ago, Mark said:

It may not be a failure but, reading this forum,  the track is poor for racing.  It's from the gate in most races.    Crowds may be decent but not many will travel from the hard core of European fans who support the GP / SWC / SON each year.      The track is in the middle of nowhere.   

You can fly to Samara from Prague then get a taxi to Togliatti

14 minutes ago, Mark said:

You cant use the Champions League as an example.  Loads of football played that side of Europe so they deserved a top game and the Euro's a few years ago.  I think the country geared up for a huge influx of fans, laws were relaxed, policing, visa's etc     Speedway is different.  

The main idea is that people who dont get to see top level Football were graced with the biggest game in Europe, that principal is now being applied to speedway. A counter argument to yours is the Russians saying why should we always have to travel... If it was a regular occurrence I would agree with you (I was praying for a GP or SON in Manchester) however I still think you cannot possibly begrudge ONE world final being held there...
Also the track can produce good racing. Been some brillaint Euro Champ meetings there.

7 minutes ago, MARK246 said:

You can fly to Samara from Prague then get a taxi to Togliatti

Or a short 14 hour drive from Moscow hahahahahahaha

2 minutes ago, RPNY said:

Or a short 14 hour drive from Moscow hahahahahahaha

Been there done that, trust me it's better to fly 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mark said:

you miss the point,  read the post above

I've read your post and I think I do fail to get the point unless the point is it's not convenient for people who have the convenience of all of the other top class speedway on their doorsteps

Cardiff may have prestige but NSS blows it away for proper on track action. always Britain with just one round and indoor at that!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MARK246 said:

Been there done that, trust me it's better to fly 

Didnt enjoy the 6 lanes of absolute Mayhem?!!!

7 minutes ago, ColinMills said:

Cardiff may have prestige but NSS blows it away for proper on track action. always Britain with just one round and indoor at that!

Yes its a travesty that place doesn't stage a GP 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, RPNY said:

Yes its a travesty that place doesn't stage a GP 

of course you have to accept Cardiff is a showpiece, and the finance that goes with it, but take away the razzamatazz, and focus on the actual racing, NO THANKS...for part time one off fans im sure they love it, but NSS is such a great race track, with many lines, great size. it destroys many less favoured GP circuits, and if only it had the two tier like Torun!!