British Speedway Forum
james1234

Grand Prix Calendar and Venues 2019

14 minutes ago, RPNY said:

Didnt enjoy the 6 lanes of absolute Mayhem?!!!

You've been on the Moscow ring road as well then. Not much no 

Britain may be struggling domestically, with such awful leagues and stupid rules, but hand Britain a top class professional showpiece, and Britain will STILL deliver a crowd that challenge any country

1 hour ago, MARK246 said:

You can fly to Samara from Prague then get a taxi to Togliatti

Lovely.  Minimum two flights and an hour with a Russian taxi driver.     

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I've read your post and I think I do fail to get the point unless the point is it's not convenient for people who have the convenience of all of the other top class speedway on their doorsteps

that is my point.    No issue with Russia getting a GP / SON but why race in the middle of nowhere, an hour in a taxi from a small provincial airport, that gives the huge majority of fans little of no chance of attending.      Moscow would be fine as you can get there by direct flight.      Togliatti is a rubbish track too.

Edited by Mark

1 hour ago, Mark said:

that is my point.    No issue with Russia getting a GP / SON but why race in the middle of nowhere, an hour in a taxi from a small provincial airport, that gives the huge majority of fans little of no chance of attending.      Moscow would be fine as you can get there by direct flight.      Togliatti is a rubbish track too.

They did fill the place for the SEC this place was rocking too

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Don't forget £108 for a visa just for the privilege of stepping in the country and a visit to the Russian Embassy in either London or Edinburgh to facilitate it.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, RPNY said:

Least exciting line up of venues in some time

Agree its uninspiring , also agree with Phil Rising that Torun is a fitting  venue for the last round. It seems like speedway in Scandinavia has finally found its level, speedway in a field miles from anywhere. How many stadia GP's have come and gone in Scandinavia, 7 by my maths I think. Was hoping to do Horsens next year but that ship seems to have sailed. Still don't know how anywhere in Australia can be viable without a major benefactor which has historically shown to be a short term arrangement,

Edited by iwright71

3 hours ago, Mark said:

Kurumoch international airport Samara is not a small provincial airport !!

• Like 1

Can anyone shed some light on Krsko. As in what airport and what the journey to track is like  Places to stay etc???  

thanks.  

1 minute ago, rocketrod said:

Can anyone shed some light on Krsko. As in what airport and what the journey to track is like  Places to stay etc???  

thanks.  

Ljubljana is the Slovenian capital  and i have flown there and hired a car. I have also flown to Zagreb the  Croatian capital  and gone by train to krsko. most people stay at Terme catz a few miles from Krsko. Trieste in Italy- near the slovenian border is another airport i have used for krsko.

7 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Ljubljana is the Slovenian capital  and i have flown there and hired a car. I have also flown to Zagreb the  Croatian capital  and gone by train to krsko. most people stay at Terme catz a few miles from Krsko. Trieste in Italy- near the slovenian border is another airport i have used for krsko.

Thanks a lot.   

19 minutes ago, rocketrod said:

thanks.  

I would suggest you to fly to Zagreb and hire a car because train conection with Krsko is not so good and then you can stay as R&R said in Terme Catez or Terme Paradiso. Both, Catez and Paradiso are 15 minutes from Krsko. If you fly to Ljubljana you can also stay in Ljubljana. With a car it's an hour drive to Krsko. You can also go with a train (1h50m) but you will have to run from stadium after the race to catcht it. Krsko is near a highway so it's easy to get to, either from Zagreb or Ljubljana.

2 hours ago, Kreso said:

I would suggest you to fly to Zagreb and hire a car because train conection with Krsko is not so good and then you can stay as R&R said in Terme Catez or Terme Paradiso. Both, Catez and Paradiso are 15 minutes from Krsko. If you fly to Ljubljana you can also stay in Ljubljana. With a car it's an hour drive to Krsko. You can also go with a train (1h50m) but you will have to run from stadium after the race to catcht it. Krsko is near a highway so it's easy to get to, either from Zagreb or Ljubljana.

Thanks so much for the advice and information 

5 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Kurumoch international airport Samara is not a small provincial airport !!

I accept your a travel agent but R&R you know what I mean.   NO flights from the UK.  :D

Edited by Mark

8 hours ago, Kreso said:

Vienna is not so far either, I used to fly to Vienna and drive from there. A little more expensive to rent a car but a nice city to visit