British Speedway Forum
james1234

Grand Prix Calendar and Venues 2019

7 hours ago, Mark said:

I accept your a travel agent but R&R you know what I mean.   NO flights from the UK.  :D

Indeed but what could be better than a transfer in Moscow and an internal Aeroflot flight :)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Indeed but what could be better than a transfer in Moscow and an internal Aeroflot flight :)

Always found changing planes at Sheremetyevo Airport to be pretty efficient, and Aeroflot to be on par with most European airlines these days. 

With respect to whether Russia 'deserves' a GP, well on a competitive and organisational basis the answer would certainly be 'yes', However, with Russia you're always running the gauntlet of whether certain competitors will conveniently be refused visas or have their equipment impounded by customs or otherwise mysteriously go missing.

Plus getting Russian visas is an expensive and time consuming process (in terms of filling in the forms and getting different photos - can't be the same as in your passport for example), and they'll only give you the exact days of your trip which can cause problems if there are any delays. I will say though, the visa processing centre in London is quite efficient once you've actually filled in the umpteen pages of nonsense (e.g. 'have you ever worked in nuclear research").

[Yes, I know it's the same for Russians coming to the UK, but I don't carry any dodgy chemicals around in perfume bottles. :rolleyes:]

Where is the Australian SGP likely to be held? Or are they trying to source the biggest possible stadium to fill with the fewest supporters. Perhaps the MCG that holds 100,000. Seem ideal. 

See vojens is back on the calender - what's it like these days?

6 hours ago, racers and royals said:

what could be better ?    how long have you got ?   :D

4 hours ago, James Carter said:

I was there a few weeks ago but it looks the same as a few years back. It all felt a bit old though.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

I was there a few weeks ago but it looks the same as a few years back. It all felt a bit old though.

Old as in any speedway stadium outside Poland old?

4 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Old as in any speedway stadium outside Poland old?

Some of the food/drink sales points and changing rooms were only completed less than a decade ago.But the stadium really consists of the stand with a roof and seats,which on the face of it for a speedway stadium outside of Poland is a bit of a luxury!!!

30 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Some of the food/drink sales points and changing rooms were only completed less than a decade ago.But the stadium really consists
of the stand with a roof and seats,which on the face of it for a speedway stadium outside of Poland is a bit of a luxury!!!

Well Smederna have two larger stands with seats (wooden benches and regular folding plastic chairs) and roofs. Sannahed track also have
a smaller grand stand with seats and roof.I don't know about other tracks though.

Well that is a total of 3 from 2 countries so far then lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, James Carter said:

Where is the Australian SGP likely to be held? Or are they trying to source the biggest possible stadium to fill with the fewest supporters. Perhaps the MCG that holds 100,000. Seem ideal. 

ADELAIDE or Ipswich (in the general vicinity of Brisbane ... doubt whether Vojens has changed at all. Might need a Spring clean.

7 hours ago, James Carter said:

Someone posted on here an article saying Adelaide was the expected venue, a motor park near town centre, but Brisbane was also in the running.     Brisbane maybe a bit remote from the main catchment areas ?

12 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

ADELAIDE or Ipswich (in the general vicinity of Brisbane ... doubt whether Vojens has changed at all. Might need a Spring clean.

Ole just has to invest in a robot lawnmower or two and the place looks as good as ever!!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mark said:

Someone posted on here an article saying Adelaide was the expected venue, a motor park near town centre, but Brisbane was also in the running.     Brisbane maybe a bit remote from the main catchment areas ?

Ipswich, not Brisbane, and not even that near Ipswich. That seems pure cloud cuckoo stuff given there's not even a stadium suitable for speedway there now. 

2 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

Well Smederna have two larger stands with seats (wooden benches and regular folding plastic chairs) and roofs. Sannahed track also have
a smaller grand stand with seats and roof.I don't know about other tracks though.

But Gröndahl is 20 years old. Or close to 20.

Anyway, You read my post wrong. Dont matter though. B)

U in Stuttgart next weekend Doug?

2 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

But Gröndahl is 20 years old. Or close to 20.

Anyway, You read my post wrong. Dont matter though. B)

U in Stuttgart next weekend Doug?

Stuttgart?Lost me.Is something happening?My girlfriends brother,who I could stay with is currently in Indonesia photographing the tragedy there,so   ....