British Speedway Forum
james1234

Grand Prix Calendar and Venues 2019

Wittstock v Stal Gorzow up north

Edited by iris123

Oh I see…  :neutral:

It's actually a week from now.

RACE OF THE NIGHT“ 2018       Wölfe Wittstock ­-­­­ Stal Gorzów

Zum Saisonabschluss auf dem Heidering Wittstock wird es zum Race oft the Night in diesem Jahr am 20.10.2018 einen Clubvergleich zwischen dem zweiten der 1. Speedway- Bundesliga und dem zweitplatzierten der Polnischen Extraliga geben. Der MSC „Wölfe“ Wittstock e.V., hervorragender zweiter der Bundesliga in diesem Jahr, tritt im Wettkampf über 14 Läufe und einen Sonderlauf (15) gegen den zweiten der polnischen PGE Extraliga „Stal Gorzow“ an.

Der Vergleich zwischen den beiden Clubs wird mit Sicherheit ein sehr spannendes Match werden, da beide Mannschaften über das Jahr in ihrer jeweiligen Liga sehr guten Sport und spannende Unterhaltung geboten haben.

6 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Ipswich, not Brisbane, and not even that near Ipswich. That seems pure cloud cuckoo stuff given there's not even a stadium suitable for speedway there now. 

25 miles from the centre of Brisbane.      I like your attention to detail Humph.  :D

6 hours ago, Mark said:

25 miles from the centre of Brisbane.      I like your attention to detail Humph.  :D

It's actually closer to 40 miles from the centre of Brisbane, because Ipswich Motor Park is out in the countryside west from Ipswich.

14 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Ipswich, not Brisbane, and not even that near Ipswich. That seems pure cloud cuckoo stuff given there's not even a stadium suitable for speedway there now. 

I've been there. I was gobsmacked when I saw it suggested as a GP venue. It offers great opportunities for young riders that want to get track time, but it would be like proposing a GP at Carmarthen.

2 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

It's actually closer to 40 miles from the centre of Brisbane, because Ipswich Motor Park is out in the countryside west from Ipswich.

you need to get out more Humph.

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

RUMOUR has it that one of the qualifiers will be held at the NSS.

May 4th or 11th.   Should be a good night if there are enough teams to give close racing.

16 hours ago, Mark said:

May 4th or 11th.   Should be a good night if there are enough teams to give close racing.

Well the other semi will surely be in Poland.  So, economically it would make sense for the other continental teams to contest that - Poland, Germany, Denmark, Latvia, Czech certainly.  Australia, Sweden, USA, France & Finland likely to be at NSS.  Unless they really mix it up.