British Speedway Forum
james1234

Grand Prix Calendar and Venues 2019

To be fair Togliatti is a great stadium and a good track. They will have a full house there. Cant begrudge Russia holding one FIM event!

Edited by RPNY
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THE FIM are very keen for these events to be taken to new venues.

Wonder if the new national stadium in Bratislava will be considered in a couple of years ?

Bratislava is a great city to spend time in.

https://spectator.sme.sk/c/20906724/slovakia-to-pay-more-for-its-ultra-modern-national-stadium.html

Slovakia to pay more for its ultra-modern national stadium

Bratislava will have one of most modern football stadiums in Europe and the state is ready to pay more, says PM Peter Pellegrini.

Bratislava will soon have one of the most modern football stadiums in Europe, Prime Minister Peter Pellegrini said after visiting the construction site of the National Football Stadium (NFS) on September 4. He admitted that the state’s investments in this project could increase.

This is partly because the construction costs will be higher than the original amount resulting from the tender. Ivan Kmotrík Senior, the head of the construction investor – National Football Stadium – admitted, as quoted by the TASR newswire, that the price has changed over time. This is a consequence of increased labour costs and new UEFA demands regarding lighting and certain parts of the stadium’s infrastructure, according to him. “It will be €7 million, perhaps €12 million more expensive. I’d be glad it if it weren’t more than five-six million,” said Kmotrík, according to TASR.

Setting priorities and negotiating

Whether the state will eventually pay more than expected when buying the stadium is a question of negotiations as well as priorities, the PM noted. “We must clearly determine whether we want the most up-to-date lighting and infrastructure possible, or if we’ll require something cheaper that lags behind the modern world,” Pellegrini said.

He added that “if we are to build a stadium, it must be in such a way that all who come to it will admire it”. According to the PM, it also depends on what's left on the investor’s shoulders as a result of the increased investments and what the state can contribute.

“We’re ready, I repeat ready to talk about it,” said Pellegrini, stressing that the decision must be transparent and that it's the right thing to do.

In this regard, he argued that the cost of the stadium, with the technical parameters that it is supposed to have, will be one of the lowest in current conditions when calculating cost per seat (the capacity will be 22,500 seats). “In any case, the capital city deserves a modern football stadium,” he stressed, as cited by the newswire.

Other potential use of the stadium

Bratislava Mayor Ivo Nesrovnal agrees, pointing out that the new “Tehelné Pole” (meaning Brick-field, name of the area and the previous stadium) will allow Slovakia to host teams and hold big matches. The stadium will also become the site of great cultural events.

“The background of the stadium can help create opportunities for developing congress tourism, which has huge potential,” Nesrovnal said, as quoted by the Sme daily.

The new stadium should receive final commissioning approval by the end of the year or early 2019. Although it is possible that the first match will be played there as early as this year, regular matches should be played from the beginning of the spring during the current football season, TASR wrote.

The new stadium is being built by STRABAG Pozemné a Inžinierske Staviteľstvo which, according to the contract with the investor – NFS – is supposed to complete the stadium within 76 weeks for €49.81 million ex-VAT (€59.77 million VAT-included). The state pledged to complete the construction and subsequently buy the non-commercial part of the stadium and to provide NFS with a contribution worth €27.2 million, which is due to be deducted from the purchase price.

On the same day, the football pitch, which the investor built in the complex of the nearby athletic elementary school Kalinčiakova, was opened. Another similar football pitch will be built in the school premises by the investor, Sme reported.

On 9/5/2018 at 4:32 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

HE did...  although talking to Armando Castagna in Gorzow two weeks ago it is now probable. When better than to have Russia as the defending champions. The scoring will be different too. Badgered Armando about changing the name (Speedway of Nations sounds like an 'open' meeting - just call in the Speedway World Cup which is, after all, what it is but with a different format). Also suggested that riders with tape warnings have them scrapped before the semis or final. Nothing worse than a title being decided in a three man race. Of course, if a rider breaks the tapes he should still be excluded but not for a relatively minor offence which could just be in the eye of the referee on the night.

No problem with the tape rule as it is now, though I take your point regarding semi finals and finals. On another point how about teams showing up with the correct number of riders i.e three. I enjoyed the SoN but teams with no Under-21 reserve was a big let down to the competition.

23 minutes ago, screm said:

No problem with the tape rule as it is now, though I take your point regarding semi finals and finals. On another point how about teams showing up with the correct number of riders i.e three. I enjoyed the SoN but teams with no Under-21 reserve was a big let down to the competition.

In 2019 every team has to have a U21 reserve rider- that was in this years rules(for next year)

On 9/6/2018 at 3:00 PM, RPNY said:

To be fair Togliatti is a great stadium and a good track. They will have a full house there. Cant begrudge Russia holding one FIM event!

Did you see the meeting today.   Rubbish.   R&R says its like that for the majority.     I'm not expecting a good SON.

Let’s have a second British GP at the NSS early in the season .....

• Like 1

On 9/7/2018 at 4:31 PM, Mark said:

Did you see the meeting today.   Rubbish.   R&R says its like that for the majority.     I'm not expecting a good SON.

I did not Sir but seen a few good meetings there in the past. 

25 minutes ago, Mark said:

Exciting.  One added may mean one GP being removed.   Sorry for the locals but I hope its Krsko. 

Not necessarily so, this year there are two less then 2017, Aussie being one of them, so room for two more. 

49 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Not necessarily so, this year there are two less then 2017, Aussie being one of them, so room for two more. 

Yes that is right.  Forgot we were down to 10 from 12.  

1 hour ago, james1234 said:

Maybe the new country is Russia for the SON

Possibly though as the interview was all about his roll as SGP race director I think he would be talking about SGP matters.