British Speedway Forum
james1234

Grand Prix Calendar and Venues 2019

3 hours ago, Col said:

Well the other semi will surely be in Poland.  So, economically it would make sense for the other continental teams to contest that - Poland, Germany, Denmark, Latvia, Czech certainly.  Australia, Sweden, USA, France & Finland likely to be at NSS.  Unless they really mix it up.

Economical to put Finland to Manchester instead of denmark or germany? Think again.

not that it matters...

• Like 1

Finns & Swedes would probably have to fly to either UK or Poland, by contrast Latvians, Germans, Czechs, Slovaks, Ukrainians can drive to Poland relatively quickly.

Driving to Poland from Italy, Slovenia & France would be more of a journey.

36 minutes ago, Col said:

Finns & Swedes would probably have to fly to either UK or Poland, by contrast Latvians, Germans, Czechs, Slovaks, Ukrainians can drive to Poland relatively quickly.

Driving to Poland from Italy, Slovenia & France would be more of a journey.

Please stop this nonsense.  Your guessing and so is FSP.     Why waste the effort writing so much bull.    :D

When the lottery takes place, we’ll be in the basket called ”teams most likely to not win team gb 5-1 and nobody cares if they in or not” and thats why we’ll be riding in the manchester quali.

has bugger all to do with finances.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mark said:

Please stop this nonsense.  Your guessing and so is FSP.     Why waste the effort writing so much bull.    :D

Well, I have never claimed to know anything about Speedway Logistics just applying logic. BSI coffers are not bottomless.

Furthermore, I assume the organisers actually hope visiting fans will attend these events. More likely to get a German or Latvian spectator at an event in Poland than an event Manchester.

Edited by Col

It would be awesome if the 2 qualifiers were at Belle Vue and Czestochowa- the 2 best race tracks in the world.

Wherever they are, every competing nation must have a U21 reserve rider in 2019

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

It would be awesome if the 2 qualifiers were at Belle Vue and Czestochowa- the 2 best race tracks in the world.

Where you read that?

And as a reminder, according to my info U21 rule was hated all around and CCP meeting  takes place this weekend. Havent seen 2019 books published yrt.

4 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Where you read that?

And as a reminder, according to my info U21 rule was hated all around and CCP meeting  takes place this weekend. Havent seen 2019 books published yrt.

In the 2018 rulebook and i can`t see the FIM changing to 3 man senior rider teams nor can i see them allowing again 2 man teams.

"FMN’s may nominate a U21 Rider who is the same nationality as FMN. This rider will be allocated starting number 3, allowed to practice and will be a Reserve, permitted to take the place of any rider at any time during the meeting. The nomination and use of an U21 Rider is not compulsory for 2018 but will be compulsory for 2019."

2019 book not published yet. I had read that text also from LAST years book.

EDIT: last or this, you get what I mean

Edited by f-s-p

21 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

that would be great and with a full Polish program on Sunday after the Saturday qualifier.     I'd make a trip to see those two meetings.

6 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

2019 book not published yet. I had read that text also from LAST years book.

EDIT: last or this, you get what I mean

I do however i do think the FIM will push through the U21 change.

15 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I do however i do think the FIM will push through the U21 change.

They can do that. Entries had to be in a month ago with last years rules. But like I think I said, nobody wants the U21 rule.

5 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

They can do that. Entries had to be in a month ago with last years rules. But like I think I said, nobody wants the U21 rule.

What do they want ? 3 senior rider teams ?(cost implications) or 2 man teams ?(injuries and you and the punters  are stuffed ;))

Edited by racers and royals

Who wants an what!

If I say there are 4 nations fighting for the top 3 spots, how many of them has good enough of a U21 rider?

What cost implications?

If one of our top2 gets injured, we might as well stay home. We have no good enough U21 riders.