British Speedway Forum
james1234

Grand Prix Calendar and Venues 2019

Why Australia has the privilege of holding the final GP of the season I question. Of course it is coming up to their summer so fits in with other sports needing suitable stadia, but all the main action in the speedway year is in Europe.  At this point in time Torun seems very suitable, good race track, nice stadium, and easy for fans to get to. Says it all really - except Belle Vue would be really good, but max spectators is too low for a key end of season meeting, shame really.

55 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Why Australia has the privilege of holding the final GP of the season I question. Of course it is coming up to their summer so fits in with other sports needing suitable stadia, but all the main action in the speedway year is in Europe.  At this point in time Torun seems very suitable, good race track, nice stadium, and easy for fans to get to. Says it all really - except Belle Vue would be really good, but max spectators is too low for a key end of season meeting, shame really.

THE Etihad stadium in Melbourne was only available in October. Hence finishing the series there but that doesn't apply to Ipswich (or other possible venues) so hopefully any Australian SGP will kick-off the season not finish it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THE Etihad stadium in Melbourne was only available in October. Hence finishing the series there but that doesn't apply to Ipswich (or other possible venues) so hopefully any Australian SGP will kick-off the season not finish it.

Except February, March and April are the wettest months of the year in SE Queensland, and when it rains it's Biblical...

If the GP ever comes back to Aussie, it should be at Gillman, the track is there, the pits are all concrete, bring in some temporary grandstands & your right to go. & i live in Qld.. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Duane said:

If the GP ever comes back to Aussie, it should be at Gillman, the track is there, the pits are all concrete, bring in some temporary grandstands & your right to go. & i live in Qld.. 

NOT sure there is sufficient funding in Gillman

6 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NOT sure there is sufficient funding in Gillman

From the rumours we hear,, that could be true Phil. 

Edited by Duane
Can’t spell..

After some advice if possible, I have tickets to Malilla, and I'm flying into Vaxjo airport, but I'm not sure where to stay? Plenty of places to stay near the airport but I understand its nearly an hour and a half away - Any suggestions halfway/Closer to Malilla? Thank you.

29 minutes ago, AlexBrady said:

After some advice if possible, I have tickets to Malilla, and I'm flying into Vaxjo airport, but I'm not sure where to stay? Plenty of places to stay near the airport but I understand its nearly an hour and a half away - Any suggestions halfway/Closer to Malilla? Thank you.

I have stayed in Hultsfred and Vimmerby  for previous Malilla GP`s and would recommend  either town.

Looking at map these are sort of wrong side(north)of Malilla  for Vaxjo- you are not flying from UK ?

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

I have stayed in Hultsfred and Vimmerby  for previous Malilla GP`s and would recommend  either town.

Looking at map these are sort of wrong side(north)of Malilla  for Vaxjo- you are not flying from UK ?

Appreciate the advice, will look into these locations.

Frustratingly, Due to work commitments, I have to fly from my local airport for this one (Norwich, UK) with a change in Amsterdam en route - not the easiest so praying for a dry weekend and good racing!

12 hours ago, racers and royals said:

HULTSFRED is a one-horse town when even getting a cup of coffee can be a problem ... Vimmerby a much better bet.

• Like 1