British Speedway Forum
james1234

Grand Prix Calendar and Venues 2019

16 hours ago, f-s-p said:

So there really are things you dont know!! 

Actually no. 30 years ago maybe, but currently its a sunday event. Best and available riders from the friday can get a call for zlata stuha and the same goes with sat to sun. Now the date is late again but for example Ekstraliga playoffs have had their toll on the riders on show.

Not even then, really...

I havent missed attending a Czech Golden Helmet since 1997, and what used to happen was, after whatever meeting took place on the Saturday, there were four races of the Golden Helmet, for the qualifying groups.

As far I am aware, the riders fed back that it was pointless and time consuming to just have one race each on the Saturday, and then have to clean bikes, etc, and then start all over again on the Sunday.

I am not sure it would make much sense to the Pardu people.Wouldn’t they basically have to hand over their track to BSI for a couple of days?And pay for the privilege

WHATEVER the pros and cons of Pardubice, the fact is that Prague is a huge favourite for fans with the stadium just a tram ride from the city centre.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jeffster said:

Not even then, really...

I havent missed attending a Czech Golden Helmet since 1997, and what used to happen was, after whatever meeting took place on the Saturday, there were four races of the Golden Helmet, for the qualifying groups.

My recollection was there was a junior event and then some qualifying races for the Golden Helmet on the Saturday, but in fairness that may have been before 1997!

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHATEVER the pros and cons of Pardubice, the fact is that Prague is a huge favourite for fans with the stadium just a tram ride from the city centre.

And hopefully back on the 2018 SGP calendar.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

My recollection was there was a junior event and then some qualifying races for the Golden Helmet on the Saturday, but in fairness that may have been before 1997!

The Zlata Stuha  "golden ribbon"(U21) is normally run on the Friday night these days with a U21 FIM event on the Saturday. it can change however  as this year the final U21 round is on the Friday night and the Golden Ribbon on the Saturday

Edited by racers and royals

On 7/31/2018 at 10:14 AM, Humphrey Appleby said:

Yes, because mainstream soccer in the UK is largely the preserve of Sky and BT who collectively pay GBP 1.15 billion per year for the privilege. The terrestrial channels can't justify the cost. 

NBC pays about GBP 125 million per year because 'soccer' is nothing like the attraction in the US, and the Premier League knows it can't get away with charging what it charges UK broadcasters. Different market, different valuation, despite there probably being more soccer fans in the US than UK. 

What's Soccer ?

• Like 1

According to some information I just heard SON will be at Manchester and SWC with be at Gorzow.

I stillthink that SON should be scrapped and that Best pairs should be WCH pairs. 

13 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

According to some information I just heard SON will be at Manchester and SWC with be at Gorzow.

I stillthink that SON should be scrapped and that Best pairs should be WCH pairs. 

Surely won't run both in the same year?

50 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

Could be wrong but I thought they were taken alternate years.

Big Boys Club gathering at Stockholm this weekend...

I think I want to get in it.

• Like 1

In a German newspaper interview, Castagna says that from now on it will definitely only be the Speedway of Nations. The SWC now is dead as a dodo !

Don't know how the FIM will compensate Gorzow, who have a contract to stage the 2019 SWC final.

Castagna says that next year's SoN final will definitely not be staged in Poland !

And Castagna says, the SoN has been a great success, and will even get better, when they make some minor achanges to the rules.

Because of the possibility of a 3-3 in the semi-final and final on the second day, they think about changes to the point scoring. He finds it too confusing for the public that the second and third placed riders get the heat win over the first and last placed rides, as has happened with Russia and GB in the SoN final of 2018.

Therefore Mr. Castagna has thought up something great for the SoN - he is seriously suggesting to introduce the jolly Joker for double points ! ! ! :icon_smile_clown: