British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies v Plymouth NL Wed 25th July

On 7/25/2018 at 11:14 PM, Argos said:

Cradley will get 60 next week, Don’t think I’ll be going, When I saw Rogers passed record I thought we were in for a bad season, boy was I right, ask your self this, Would Tony Mole have employed him when Tony was in charge 

I think you owe the whole team an apology.

On 7/26/2018 at 6:30 PM, brianbuck said:

Amazing how many "supporters" will say that they will support their team "through thick and thin" but who really mean "as long as there is no thin." 

Birmingham's performance against Plymouth was a poor one - probably the Brummies poorest display since we lost 63-27 to Cradley Heath in our first fixture of the National League era. There is no other way of describing it, but at the start of the season, pretty much everyone was more than happy with the team we had assembled and no one could have foreseen the injuries suffered by key riders and the loss of form of others, and it's totally unfair to try to suggest that the Team Manager ought to have known it was coming, so this is surely the time that the team does get real support?                                           

I agree with every word. And would also like to point out that some also said that we should not have signed Tom Bacon at the cost of JPB. And yet Tom is now pretty near unbeatable at this level and arguably the best rider in the league.

18 minutes ago, guitar_art said:

I think you owe the whole team an apology.

You’ve got it,I wasn’t there but all the riders must have given 100% can’t ask for more than that, Was it Birmingham good or Cradley poor, With Liam Carr now( as that’s a no brainier)in the Team can’t see Birmingham loosing at home again this season, But they will miss out on the playoffs 

Guest GiveusaB
10 hours ago, Argos said:

You’ve got it,I wasn’t there but all the riders must have given 100% can’t ask for more than that, Was it Birmingham good or Cradley poor, With Liam Carr now( as that’s a no brainier)in the Team can’t see Birmingham loosing at home again this season, But they will miss out on the playoffs 

I think you only owe Bacon/Shanes and Brennan an apology......apart from one decent ride by Greenwood, we were a 3 man team ! Let's not get carried away!

(that's not a dig at the reserves....they're doing all they can and nothing is expected of them.) I just don't want a credible result to mask the desperate need for at least 1 competitive reserve rider? If we'd of had a reserve rider that could've finished ahead of an opposing rider the other night....we'd of won the meeting!

Haven't seen anything official about Liam? he won't be match fit and will need a couple of meetings to get up to speed I reckon?

I'd then look at replacing Walker with George Hunter!

Edited by GiveusaB

39 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I think you only owe Bacon/Shanes and Brennan an apology......apart from one decent ride by Greenwood, we were a 3 man team ! Let's not get carried away!

(that's not a dig at the reserves....they're doing all they can and nothing is expected of them.) I just don't want a credible result to mask the desperate need for at least 1 competitive reserve rider? If we'd of had a reserve rider that could've finished ahead of an opposing rider the other night....we'd of won the meeting!

We have a guy in charge who's majorly involved with the 'development ' of youth speedway in this country and we have 2 of the weakest reserves?

Haven't seen anything official about Liam? he won't be match fit and will need a couple of meetings to get up to speed I reckon?

I'd then look at replacing Walker with George Hunter!

Maybe you could tell Laurence what unattached reserves are out there, im sure not only Laurence but other managers would like to know who they are missing out on.. ;)

Guest GiveusaB
6 minutes ago, greyhoundp said:

Maybe you could tell Laurence what unattached reserves are out there, im sure not only Laurence but other managers would like to know who they are missing out on.. ;)

Sam Woods ....Josh Embleton to name 2

It's his job to know what riders are available, not mine !