British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies v Plymouth NL Wed 25th July

19 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Ha ha.....well done Plymouth......out gated....out fought....out raced all but 1 Birmingham rider tonight!

Sack that clown that calls himself a  team manager !

Disgraceful performance tonight and there's only one person to blame for that !!!!???

The only words I want to hear/read from Rogers is ' I RESIGN' !

I'm beginning to think he's up to his old tricks of getting riders to lower their averages ?

Leon Flint was passed by Sheldon Davies ???

Greenwood passed by Macauley Leek ???

As for Callum Walker ??? nice lad but ......he'll never be a competitive speedway rider as long as I have an hole in my a##e !

Our nos 6 and 7 are just lambs to the slaughter !

Cradley will murder us next week !

Good grief, you take defeat badly, riders are allowed to overtake other riders that includes Leon Flint. Young Flint was a regular match winner earlier in the season and was due the odd poor meeting. Birmingham have been hit hard by injuries, get behind your team, they are still in a very good position. 

Amazing how many "supporters" will say that they will support their team "through thick and thin" but who really mean "as long as there is no thin." 

Birmingham's performance against Plymouth was a poor one - probably the Brummies poorest display since we lost 63-27 to Cradley Heath in our first fixture of the National League era. There is no other way of describing it, but at the start of the season, pretty much everyone was more than happy with the team we had assembled and no one could have foreseen the injuries suffered by key riders and the loss of form of others, and it's totally unfair to try to suggest that the Team Manager ought to have known it was coming, so this is surely the time that the team does get real support?                                           

50 minutes ago, brianbuck said:

Amazing how many "supporters" will say that they will support their team "through thick and thin" but who really mean "as long as there is no thin." 

Birmingham's performance against Plymouth was a poor one - probably the Brummies poorest display since we lost 63-27 to Cradley Heath in our first fixture of the National League era. There is no other way of describing it, but at the start of the season, pretty much everyone was more than happy with the team we had assembled and no one could have foreseen the injuries suffered by key riders and the loss of form of others, and it's totally unfair to try to suggest that the Team Manager ought to have known it was coming, so this is surely the time that the team does get real support?                                           

Don’t know if you have to pay to get in of not, But for someone who pays there hard earned cash to see 7 riders give 100% and a Team Manager who knows the rules and  motivate his riders, When this does not happen I’m  entitled to  criticise them, I don’t like loosing so long as everyone gives that 100%, 

We lost last night and I would have expected the Team Manager to have a long face and be miserable, but ho no when I went in the Pits after the meeting he was  laughing and joking, like he had just won the lottery, not lost a Speedway meeting, Pathetic  

As a plymouth supporter I was delighted to see Rogers go loves being in the spotlight especially when things are good seems to dodge criticism when things are bad maybe he's been found out

22 hours ago, Argos said:

Cradley will get 60 next week, Don’t think I’ll be going, When I saw Rogers passed record I thought we were in for a bad season, boy was I right, ask your self this, Would Tony Mole have employed him when Tony was in charge 

You do know Cradley will be without Kemp and Bickley,and possibly having a non-attached 3 pointer for Bradley Andrews?

No I didn’t but if we can’t beat Plymouth (with all due respect), There’s no chance even against the League Select second team.

35 minutes ago, martin_t said:

You do know Cradley will be without Kemp and Bickley,and possibly having a non-attached 3 pointer for Bradley Andrews?

But are the select side not allowed guests for Kemp & Bickley?   If they are then they could replace with Morley for Kemp & Stoneman/Clegg for Bickley?  With Hampshire at reserve & hitting some big scores recently (including paid 15 tonight) they are not going to be any weaker.    Cant see anything but NL Select v Mild in the final.

52 minutes ago, martin_t said:

You only need to find riders of the calibre of Macaulay Leek to replace your missing stars and you'll still have the thrashing of us next week.

7 hours ago, uk_martin said:

You only need to find riders of the calibre of Macaulay Leek to replace your missing stars and you'll still have the thrashing of us next week.

Which 3 point unsigned riders can even get close to that level though. If there were any available they would be signed by now, such is the poor standard of the many of the current reserves.

Guest GiveusaB
13 hours ago, brianbuck said:

Although I have a lot of respect for your 'support/knowledge' of Birmingham speedway, I sure am glad that you're not the owner !

How you can support someone of Rogers calibre is beyond me? you only have to read on this site what a trail of destruction he's left at other clubs and his total lack of team managing skills has been most evident this season already.....'regardless of injuries' !

He's a clown and a lying one at that !

You carry a lot of weight at Perry Barr Brian and it scares me for the future of our club to hear you give him your backing ?

Please explain why he lied at Buxton about the permit ??? please explain why he's stuck by Callum Walker all season ??? please explain why he's thrown Jamie Sealey straight in to NL matches 2 months after a nasty injury (with no race practice) ??? please explain why he was still laughing and joking immediately during/after that shocking performance against Plymouth ??? please explain why he keeps insisting that the track is poorly prepared week in week out ????

You mention about sticking with the team and getting behind them???

I'll be supporting Brummies long after that moron has been sacked and I'll definitely get behind him and help push him out the door !!!

It's about time people grew a pair and stood up for right/wrong....and this 'guy' is wrong !

11 hours ago, flipper11 said:

But are the select side not allowed guests for Kemp & Bickley?   If they are then they could replace with Morley for Kemp & Stoneman/Clegg for Bickley?  With Hampshire at reserve & hitting some big scores recently (including paid 15 tonight) they are not going to be any weaker.    Cant see anything but NL Select v Mild in the final.

Bugger....if that's the case Drew Kemp will be riding against Cradley ....noooooo !!!

The rules baffle me these days,aren't guests only allowed for the number 1?

Edited by martin_t

12 hours ago, flipper11 said:

But are the select side not allowed guests for Kemp & Bickley? 

If  2 riders are missing in the 1-5 they are allowed R/R for one and a guest for the other.      

It's a ridiculous scenario though.   The Cradley all stars should only be able to use replacements up to Kemp and Bickley's starting average within the 39 point limit.  They shouldn't be able to use massively higher guests based on Kemp and Bickley's improved form for Mildenhall and Belle Vue.   They should always have to have 7 riders up to 39 points.

26 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

If  2 riders are missing in the 1-5 they are allowed R/R for one and a guest for the other.      

It's a ridiculous scenario though.   The Cradley all stars should only be able to use replacements up to Kemp and Bickley's starting average within the 39 point limit.  They shouldn't be able to use massively higher guests based on Kemp and Bickley's improved form for Mildenhall and Belle Vue.   They should always have to have 7 riders up to 39 points.

Also what about the final if Cradley get there. They will have probably 2 guests for Kemp and Ayres not because of injury or riding in the championship but because they are riding for the opposition!!, how farcical. How do you explain that to a newcomer to this sport.

I dont  mind losing as  long as we go down fighting but Wednesday night against Plymouth was the one of the worst ive seen since the Brummies reformed.

1 hour ago, WalterPlinge said:

Who knows the rules but i thought you can have a guest for a missing No1 whatever the reason for him missing a match, but you can also have a guest if a 2nd rider is missing at the same time because he is riding for another team, whether that means a team in a higher league or the same league i don't no!?  r/r would come into play if that 2nd rider is missing because of injury.

Have to agree with you about the averages but that is why Cradley carefully selected riders that would add the most points to their starting averages thus guaranteeing them the strongest possible team as the season goes on & an almost dead cert trophy.