British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Sheffield 27.07.2018 7.30pm

at least it will keep the track staff busy sucking up the water into tankers for another dry spell

Despite the posts that the meeting was going ahead experience of watching speedway for more years than i can remember plus checking the weather forecast  meant i didn't even bother setting off for this one and wasting my time.

oh the irony...….other fixtures featuring complete sides postponed to allow other teams to use their riders as guests..and then its off...

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mike.Butler said:

oh the irony...….other fixtures featuring complete sides postponed to allow other teams to use their riders as guests..and then its off...

I do not have the will to trawl thorough endless threads and to be honest all I really like doing is watching speedway without getting involved with the politics. What was cancelled to allow riders to ride in this meeting? 

5 hours ago, Mike.Butler said:

The gods have more power than Godfrey , consider it a way of justice.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

The gods have more power than Godfrey , consider it a way of justice.

It seems to me most posters on here worship the God of the bitter and twisted or attend the Church of Moaners, where the Communion wine glass is always half empty and never half full.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, brylcream boy said:

It seems to me most posters on here worship the God of the bitter and twisted or attend the Church of Moaners, where the Communion wine glass is always half empty and never half full.

Most of us on here don't alter the rules to suit or benefit our own causes , that why we have a moan when someone like your beloved Godfrey thinks its o/k to inconvenience others just so he can get his own way by using the powers handed to him as vice chairman inappropriately.

• Like 2

Have you read this weeks SS. It explains the action taken for Friday fixtures.

10 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Have you read this weeks SS. It explains the action taken for Friday fixtures.

No i haven't bought that magazine since the winter of discontent involving Peterborough and Coventry as i found it had a very one sided view and followed everything the BSPA told them but the mag has no view of its own . So i stopped my subscription and vowed never to buy it again and to be honest i don't think i have missed much .

I drive to Scunthorpe via the A46 and A15, and it started to rain incredibly hard on the last stretch of A15, reducing visibility down to next to zero.  After leaving the A15, the road all the way to the Ashby Ville roundabout was underwater.  Lots of car deciding to stop. Then alongside the steelworks, there were at least two fallen trees, with greenery along all road - I was a bit concerned about picking up a puncture. 

Got to the stadium, where it had clearly rained very hard very recently (called off around 10 minutes before I arrived), but glad they didn't get what was a few miles down the road, because otherwise there could have been stadium damage.

Went home via the longer (but drier) M18 and M1. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brylcream boy said:

I do like that, though I have a weird sense of humour. Or so I'm told.

In Hull it was absolutely lashing down, wind, thunder & lightning (actually it was pretty cool) though no fun and probably a bit scary for those caught out in it.  Circumstances dictated I was never going to make it last nite but at my usual setting off time of 6ishPM I could easily have been tempted.  Then the weather changed 180 degrees and then some....

2 hours ago, martinmauger said:

In Hull it was absolutely lashing down, wind, thunder & lightning (actually it was pretty cool) though no fun and probably a bit scary for those caught out in it.  Circumstances dictated I was never going to make it last nite but at my usual setting off time of 6ishPM I could easily have been tempted.  Then the weather changed 180 degrees and then some....

It was also pretty cool to drive through, although at the same time there's an anxiety of what happens if the car gets stuck on the flooded roads or what if I pick up a puncture from one of these branches which are all across the road?

The annoying thing is that the weather forecast looked absolutely dreadful on Thursday night, but looked far, far better at around 3.30pm yesterday, which is why I set off.  Someone got that badly wrong.  The heavy showers were only supposed to come back at around 10pm.

Thankfully, I don't think the EWR had the worse of it, even though it tipped down enough to call off the meeting.

3 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Most of us on here don't alter the rules to suit or benefit our own causes , that why we have a moan when someone like your beloved Godfrey thinks its o/k to inconvenience others just so he can get his own way by using the powers handed to him as vice chairman inappropriately.

I was not commenting about you in particular because although you frequently comment on Scunthorpe, I don’t know what you write on other threads. My point is I could go on every forum subject from Berwick to Wolverhampton and guarantee 75% of the comments will be moaning about anything from plastic spoons to stir their tea to their teams performance. I find the other 25% either informative or humorous. I am sure someone will moan about my moan, but I can live with that.

17 minutes ago, brylcream boy said:

I was not commenting about you in particular because although you frequently comment on Scunthorpe, I don’t know what you write on other threads. My point is I could go on every forum subject from Berwick to Wolverhampton and guarantee 75% of the comments will be moaning about anything from plastic spoons to stir their tea to their teams performance. I find the other 25% either informative or humorous. I am sure someone will moan about my moan, but I can live with that.

The forum is for people to air there views,  no matter if you believe they are being honest or warped, it's a point of view which we are all entitled to participate as long as it doesn't contain fowl language and is not of a threatening nature and you have to expect these comments as we are only human beings at the end of the day . 

• Like 1