British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Poland v Rest of the world Chorzow Saturday September 1st live on TV

Certainly a big wide fast track!!! Been a few passes but all coming out of the bends on the inside - doesn’t seem an outside line at all yet - maybe that will come when track beds in a bit??

Looks like they have done a cracking job with the stadium 

2 minutes ago, Bradford Ace said:

Certainly a big wide fast track!!! Been a few passes but all coming out of the bends on the inside - doesn’t seem an outside line at all yet - maybe that will come when track beds in a bit??

Looks like they have done a cracking job with the stadium 

The stadium looks a lot bigger on the tv than it does when your there, but it is impresssive 

What stream are you watching this from, Dean?

2 minutes ago, BobC said:

What stream are you watching this from, Dean?

I have polish tv mate 

I expected this would be a walkover for the Poles but other than Janowski and Woryna they seem to be below their best. 

36 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

The stadium looks a lot bigger on the tv than it does when your there, but it is impresssive 

Very impressive. All the new ones are great but this looks like the sort of one that would be crying out for a GP. Maybe if/when Warsaw’s agreement is next up.

it is a temp track after all but looks to be laid a lot better than say Cardiff for example. 

4 minutes ago, teijahn said:

I expected this would be a walkover for the Poles but other than Janowski and Woryna they seem to be below their best. 

You could also argue that it’s not the strongest rest of world team either

5 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

You could also argue that it’s not the strongest rest of world team either

For sure, I don't know who put the ROW side together or what the selection basis was but without the likes of Woffy, Lindgren, Hancock & Doyle it's hardly a genuine rep team. 

Was the racing good  ?   New stadium so we have to cut slack.    It looks a huge impressive stadium. o  the five minutes i have watched so far.

9 hours ago, tarkens said:

16 871

To be fair that’s a good crowd for the sort of meeting that the polish fans don’t usually suppprt in great numbers, in any other stadium that would of looked pretty full

5 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

To be fair that’s a good crowd for the sort of meeting that the polish fans don’t usually suppprt in great numbers, in any other stadium that would of looked pretty full

in any other stadium you wouldn't get half of that

people came to see the stadium, it's THE stadium in Poland, so much history, so much drama, so much success...

• Like 2