British Speedway Forum
Badge

Redcar v witches 26th july

Well despite yet another home defeat it was actually  a pretty entertaining meeting with some excellent racing. Nip and tuck for most of the meeting until the Witches 5 - 1 in Ht15.

Bears just incredibly inconsistent which has been the case all season with always 2 or 3 riders (different riders each week) not contributing. All of them are capable of winning races at home but they are "up and down like a brides nightie"

Witches top 5 rode the track very well and were too consistent for the Bears.

• Like 1

A very good win, made even better by getting the extra point in H15. Back in contention for the play off's but really must beat Lakeside next Thursday.

The changes have worked. Although net/net it's only a couple more points, importantly the top 5 are scoring consistently which means that we can carry the reserves to a degree. This wouldn't have happened with Hartel/Jeppesen in the team.

• Like 1

Very good meeting and Ipswich deserved the win, Redcar  just cannot all fire at the same time. Due to the threat of rain the main meeting was finished by 9 pm so no hanging around ,good all round.

Same old same old carrying riders again the andersons were a waste of space ànd berge is no better than kus we need a ged rathbone type to turn this club around hèlp

My 1st visit to Redcar

What a great little racetrack, you lucky people. 

Nice to see the hand of friendship offered to the children from Chernobyl and getting them on the centre green for a dance. 

Redcar promotion you get a big thumbs up from me

Onto Scunthorpe tomorrow. First time there too I hope the rain isn't as bad as forecast.

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Like 6

I dont mind losing when a) I have been entertained, and b) I think the team have tried. So I have no complaints tonight - obviously frustrated to lose but some great racing. 

Ipswich top 5 were excellent, for us Jorgensen was superb. Barker started well but faded and solid effort from Stewart and Busch. Berge was infuriating. Superb in one heat and then so poor. Andersens both had poor meetings - think MBA maybe a bit spooked after his first ride tumble.

19 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

My 1st visit to Redcar

What a great little racetrack, you lucky people. 

Nice to see the hand of friendship offered to the children from Chernobyl and getting them on the centre green for a dance. 

Redcar promotion you get a big thumbs up from me

Onto Scunthorpe tomorrow. First time there too I hope the rain isn't as bad as forecast.

Glad you enjoyed  your visit. We may not be lucky for much longer though. If the current performance levels prevail, I cannot see attendance levels, being sufficient, for survival. Hope I am wrong though. It seems that visiting fans and riders seem to enjoy themselves at Redcar.

We ve got sheffield and worky nxt 2 teams goin for the title again you d have to look at 2 defeats the way we are riding , theres riders out there worrall and mark riss who tortured us  t nite but no we d rather stick with mr nice jonas andersen who yet again let us down and his brother with a big fat zero berge is another kus gate and he s ok miss the gate and i might as well be on the bike who picked this team

24 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

We ve got sheffield and worky nxt 2 teams goin for the title again you d have to look at 2 defeats the way we are riding , theres riders out there worrall and mark riss who tortured us  t nite but no we d rather stick with mr nice jonas andersen who yet again let us down and his brother with a big fat zero berge is another kus gate and he s ok miss the gate and i might as well be on the bike who picked this team

Ca'nt argue with that.

Can’t agree that Berge is another Kus. Kus would not have come from the back and got past Proctor like Berge did tonight. Battled hard in his last ride for a point too.

Enigmatic - yes. Frustrating - yes. Kus mark II - no.

Plus I’ve yet to see him look down at his bike when he’s at the back ;)

Edited by Yearbyred

6 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Can’t agree that Berge is another Kus. Kus would not have come from the back and got past Proctor like Berge did tonight. Battled hard in his last ride for a point too.

Enigmatic - yes. Frustrating - yes. Kus mark II - no.

Plus I’ve yet to see him look down at his bike when he’s at the back ;)

I don't know the exact reasons why but Berge has been dropped by every club he has rode for in the UK apart from maybe Sheffield.

Seems to ride poor for Redcar but rides a stormer whilst guesting elsewhere

9 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

There was 1 vulnerable reseve tonight....

Wallys point earned us an extra match point :t:

Great result - super solid all round performance - chuffed to bits :D

Well done! His point was a gift though..... Redcar Bears, the team that goes on giving.:unsure:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

I don't know the exact reasons why but Berge has been dropped by every club he has rode for in the UK apart from maybe Sheffield.

Seems to ride poor for Redcar but rides a stormer whilst guesting elsewhere

Everyone rides poorly for Redcar.