British Speedway Forum
GAH

more investment for NSS

newspaper report come out today sorry don't have link !! manchester council investing another £85k in NSS new electronic advertising board new ventilation for catering units also setting up speedway academy good news other clubs should use this to get there local councils investing !! 

The BSPA should have a whip round and offer to buy it off the council for pennies on the pound. Stadiums are notorious money pits, so the council would snap their hands off.

Can anyone see Belle Vue Speedway surviving ? If I was a Manchester council tax payer I’d be fuming that my money was being spent in this way . 

13 minutes ago, Haza said:

Can anyone see Belle Vue Speedway surviving ? If I was a Manchester council tax payer I’d be fuming that my money was being spent in this way . 

DID you actually read where the money is coming from and the bigger picture. Plenty of Polish towns and cities pour money into their speedway clubs. Good to see a British one doing the same.

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 7

From the article

"Belle Vue Speedway 2017 Ltd, which took over the running of the club last year, are a new company who inherited a difficult position following the failure of the original speedway franchise but are demonstrating real progress - off and on the track - and have a clear business plan setting out how they will continue to build on these improvements.”

How often do you see these words associated with speedway ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DID you actually read where the money is coming from and the bigger picture. Plenty of Polish towns and cities pour money into their speedway clubs. Good to see a British one doing the 

http://aboutmanchester.co.uk/council-underfire-as-it-continues-to-invest-money-in-the-national-speedway-stadium/ 

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DID you actually read where the money is coming from and the bigger picture. Plenty of Polish towns and cities pour money into their speedway clubs. Good to see a British one doing the same.

True
But generating headlines of 'Reckless' Council doing so is one that most others would not want splashed across their local rag.
But then I dont supose one that is almost a one-party state needs to care.

Edited by Grand Central

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

True but it does sound like a last ditch effort to make the stadium viable to me. Worrying Times.

• Like 1

Suggest looking at what Adrian Smith said in the after-race news conference last night. It's on FB

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NUMBER of tracks in more imminent danger than BV and the NSS

So what's the answer, cut the standards further and risk losing more support or improve the standard and hope some of the lost support comes back. Either way it's a massive gamble

I bit of good news in these current trying times. 

Well done Manchester & Belle Vue. 

4 hours ago, Haza said:

What wasn’t stated in that article is that the money is coming from a pot generated from rental of the Etihad stadium and MUST be used on sporting facilities.

• Like 6