British Speedway Forum
GAH

more investment for NSS

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NUMBER of tracks in more imminent danger than BV and the NSS

Which in itself put the NSS in trouble. Regardless of the excellent plan the current owners have, if everything else around it's ears is collapsing what hope is there for Belle Vue come 2022.

4 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DID you actually read where the money is coming from and the bigger picture. Plenty of Polish towns and cities pour money into their speedway clubs. Good to see a British one doing the same.

Most of these Polish towns can get ten thousand paying customers through the gate and sponsorship Belle Vue could only dream of.

37 minutes ago, ouch said:

I bit of good news in these current trying times. 

Well done Manchester & Belle Vue. 

I'm failing to see how the news that BVSL is currently not financially sustainable is good news

5 hours ago, Haza said:

Can anyone see Belle Vue Speedway surviving ? If I was a Manchester council tax payer I’d be fuming that my money was being spent in this way . 

stop talking through your backside !!

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

So what's the answer, cut the standards further and risk losing more support or improve the standard and hope some of the lost support comes back. Either way it's a massive gamble

suggest you worry about your own financial at wolves well documented by adams / CVS  also how did the thrashing go down last night AGAIN !! 

THE NSS has always been more about speedway and those currently in charge are working hard to get more general use out of the facility which will be vital for its future prosperity.

6 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

suggest you worry about your own financial at wolves well documented by adams / CVS  also how did the thrashing go down last night AGAIN !! 

It was expected to be honest, we are rubbish there. British speedway in general is in trouble but to see this as good news is a step too far imo

29 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

I'm failing to see how the news that BVSL is currently not financially sustainable is good news

the report was propaganda by one liberal councillor who went to MEN to gain publicity for himself !! b/vue and adrian smith are taking legal advice on why this has been reported so watch this space and don't believe in tickle/tackle press reports it's all crap !!   

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THE NSS has always been more about speedway and those currently in charge are working hard to get more general use out of the facility which will be vital for its future prosperity.

after the meeting press conference last night adrian smith told fans it was one councillor who went to the MEN for a publicity stint for himself the club are taking legal advice how to respond in the correct manner !!

This has come out of a pot of money thats not come from the taxpayer. If you listen to last night's interview it was said Belle Vue didn't not ask for this money and what is being put in place also helps the other sports in the area and I think it should ve been in place when it was first built. Once the council accepted these new owners then they must give them a decent amount of time to turn it around, you cant do that in 18 months. I would however say that the stadium needs to utilised more especially with the pitch in the middle, there is no point having it if it's not in constant use.

The Liberal councillor was just trying to get some brownie points saying the money should be spent on refugees and homeless etc. Surprised the MEN ran the story if it is factually incorrect.

7 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DID you actually read where the money is coming from and the bigger picture. Plenty of Polish towns and cities pour money into their speedway clubs. Good to see a British one doing the same.

But plenty of Polish speedway clubs get 1000's  more in attendance than any of our clubs thats before the sponsorship, makes a difference. Add to the fact, BV have no dogs, so they can do what they like when they like effectively, that makes a difference.  Good idea if it gets off the ground, and the Air con for the resturant. But are the Council going to loan this money, because my guess is they wont be just giving it, im very sure..

Edited by Starman2006

Thanks to the good work that Chris Morton and Dave Gordon did over many years to drag BV speedway into the 21st century. Pity Man city council didn't ensure its contractors did the specified job in building the track - that was the start of the original franchise problem.

Its a pity those supporters saying this isn't good news ought to be encouraging their councils to be supporting a family sporting event in their areas instead of criticizing whats being done at BV. Seems every other track in the UK needs dragging into the 21st century. The product, speedway racing, is a good one, history has shown that.  Given the right conditions and speedway promotors who promoted the sport better the sponsorship would follow . 

• Like 2

Manchester City Council: 98 councillors, 96 Labour, 2 Lib-Dems, he's 50 per cent of the opposition on the council and taking the opportunity to get his name in the paper. MEN has reported what he said - it doesn't have to be factually correct, it's enough to cover what he said.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Manchester City Council: 98 councillors, 96 Labour, 2 Lib-Dems, he's 50 per cent of the opposition on the council and taking the opportunity to get his name in the paper. MEN has reported what he said - it doesn't have to be factually correct, it's enough to cover what he said.

And local politics being what they are the public is always receptive to any stories that rely upon allegations in the press of politicians squandering public money. It feeds into prejudices easily no matter what the (lack of) factual basis.

A certain Boris Johnson cut his journalistic teeth filing reports from Brussels about the EU wasting money on a weekly basis. Most do not stand up to scrutiny.

But fast forward a decade or so and see where this can get you if the public like the message you are sending.

I imagine this Kilpatrick guy will bang this drum for all it is worth, to him.

Edited by Grand Central