British Speedway Forum
GAH

more investment for NSS

You would think £85k being pumped into improving an already fantastic venue would be viewed in a positive light ?

Sadly not on BSF 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

The fact is this money was always going to be spent in eastlands and it is only coming to Belle Vue because the stadium was never finished.

The council were rubbishting themselves after what happened in 2016, they thought the people in charge of speedway were pillocks after Chapman's intervention, and they were simply not prepared to throw good money after what looked like bad.

They were very choosy over who took it on, I doubt anyone with the business acumen of the CEO of Airbus or Cable and Wireless have been involved in speedway before, and even then didn't dare spend any more money on speedway until the two business high flyers had confirmed the long term viability of the business.

The negative crap about the finances are old news, puked up to make a story.

Looking forward to someone writing a book which highlights what really went on behind the scenes at BV in the winter of 2016. Will make interesting reading.

7 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

It was expected to be honest, we are rubbish there. British speedway in general is in trouble but to see this as good news is a step too far imo

To be honest your posts stink of the green stuff, speedway needs forward thinking promoters to survive, we have them and they are trying their best to succeed at Belle Vue, speedway needs more of them, not negative jealous laced remarks. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Thanks to the good work that Chris Morton and Dave Gordon did over many years to drag BV speedway into the 21st century. Pity Man city council didn't ensure its contractors did the specified job in building the track - that was the start of the original franchise problem.

Its a pity those supporters saying this isn't good news ought to be encouraging their councils to be supporting a family sporting event in their areas instead of criticizing whats being done at BV. Seems every other track in the UK needs dragging into the 21st century. The product, speedway racing, is a good one, history has shown that.  Given the right conditions and speedway promotors who promoted the sport better the sponsorship would follow . 

Chris Morton and Dave Gordon went above the call of duty for BV. As i said, i dont think the Council will be just giving the club the money,

16 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Chris Morton and Dave Gordon went above the call of duty for BV. As i said, i dont think the Council will be just giving the club the money,

Take a look at what Fred Flange said about 4 or 5 posts earlier to this. And also what Rob said at the top of page 2.   There is a whole area east of Manchester dedicated to sport.  Etihad stadium for Man City, built by the council for the Commonwealth games some years ago and now rented by Man City, then the National Velodrome is close by, so to the National Speedway Stadium. Man city council has invested a lot in the area for sport for the people.  Belle Vue has a speedway heritage renowned through the speedway world - the first team to go behind the "iron curtain" just one.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, hyderd said:

To be honest your posts stink of the green stuff, speedway needs forward thinking promoters to survive, we have them and they are trying their best to succeed at Belle Vue, speedway needs more of them, not negative jealous laced remarks. 

Don't be ridiculous, I read a good news thread with a link to a news article saying the investment is basically another bailout.if that's not true then good luck to them, No jealousy here.

27 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

Just to be clear, you think our owners, who have a combined annual income well in excess of £10MILLION, went to the council for an £85k 'bailout', lol!

#gullible

Just to be clear, I am not a BV supporter nor do I live in Manchester so have no knowledge or interest in your owners combined income.

Just to be even clearer, someone else (not me) posted a link to the MEN (who by the way should be aware of this info and should check their facts before printing a potentially libelous story) which seemed to indicate it was some sort of bailout.

I hope this clears things up for you, I can't put it any simpler than that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Take a look at what Fred Flange said about 45 posts earlier to this. And also what Rob said at the top of page 2.   There is a whole area east of Manchester dedicated to sport.  Etihad stadium for Man City, built by the council for the Commonwealth games some years ago and now rented by Man City, then the National Velodrome is close by, so to the National Speedway Stadium. Man city council has invested a lot in the area for sport for the people.  Belle Vue has a speedway heritage renowned through the speedway world - the first team to go behind the "iron curtain" just one.

Still doesnt mean to say they will give you the money. Man City are a multi million pound club, you are not.

23 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

54 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Just to be clear, I am not a BV supporter nor do I live in Manchester so have no knowledge or interest in your owners combined income.

Just to be even clearer, someone else (not me) posted a link to the MEN (who by the way should be aware of this info and should check their facts before printing a potentially libelous story) which seemed to indicate it was some sort of bailout.

I hope this clears things up for you, I can't put it any simpler than that.

I’m surprised anybody bought the line trotted out by the attention seeking MP. 

It’s not a bailout as there is a published list of where the money is going with just the £30k going to the speedway via the academy and even that venture goes beyond just speedway. 

Anyway can’t stop as I need to bail out my family by doing a big shop at Aldi. 

3 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

Just to be clear, you think our owners, who have a combined annual income well in excess of £10MILLION, went to the council for an £85k 'bailout', lol!

#gullible

Rich people get to be rich by understanding the value of money and where possible using "other peoples money" to get what they need.

Whether its a bailout or a new digital sign, its pretty sure the owners could pay for it themselves, but if somebody, or some council is offering up the cash then why not gratefully accept their kind offer.

23 hours ago, colin wood said:

The Liberal councillor was just trying to get some brownie points saying the money should be spent on refugees and homeless etc. Surprised the MEN ran the story if it is factually incorrect.

I'm not. It was bad enough when the M.E.N. was owned by the Guardian, but since it's been owned by Mirror Group, the news content has deteriorated to a level which makes it nothing more than a rag. When I saw the picture of the Lib-Dem Councillor, all I wanted to do was to turn him upside down and use him as a pneumatic drill. He's your typical wishy-washy waste of space. No mention of the council screwing up, delivering a track that wasn't fit for purpose, which was where the problems started. 

On 7/26/2018 at 6:53 AM, iandean3 said:

From the article

"Belle Vue Speedway 2017 Ltd, which took over the running of the club last year, are a new company who inherited a difficult position following the failure of the original speedway franchise but are demonstrating real progress - off and on the track - and have a clear business plan setting out how they will continue to build on these improvements.”

How often do you see these words associated with speedway ?

I have a clear business plan , this time next year I'm going to be a millionaire . even if it fails  it's still a clear plan 

3 minutes ago, adonis said:

I have a clear business plan , this time next year I'm going to be a millionaire . even if it fails  it's still a clear plan 

That’s very very unclear. 

6 minutes ago, adonis said:

Plans like yours would have been scrutinized by the council and thrown in the nearest waste paper basket as too risky.

10 minutes ago, adonis said:

Looks like you have a clear objective.

Not sure you have a plan (clear or otherwise) on how you are going to achieve your objective.

Good luck..although luck is not a strategy to be relied upon.

Edited by 1 valve