British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield v Lakeside SGBCL 26/07/2018 @ 19.30

4 Heat winners...what a load of crap..….The Hammers wanted the win more than us and it showed...Well done to them.

Edited by KingIvan

Hammers got the gates sorted out towards the end of the meeting and fully deserved their win. There was no lack of effort from most of the team but one rider in particular didn't look interested if he didn't make the gate.

On 7/25/2018 at 5:08 PM, The Third Man said:

This cant be true, looks like a speedway meeting with 7 riders per team and no guests, who would have thought it, wonder if it will catch on?

Too expensive to catch on.

10 hours ago, Cue Ball said:

That was embarrassing. How can we fail to win a single heat in the last 9 races? A few riders need to be apologising for their performances I think.

Hats off to Lakeside, they were far and away the better team on the night.

Fair to say that our season will be done and dusted by the end of August.

I go on Holiday on the 7th August for 3 weeks... My season done and dusted on the 2nd August... if for any reason i cannot attend then my season finished in July... Thats never been heard of, normally we used to go to the end of September early October without play offs.. A real horrible stop start season 

• Like 1

Lack of continuity of meetings is one of the main reasons the promoters are killing the sport......

• Like 7

What a disaster, especially after being 10 up after 6 heats - seems once the track dried out a bit, the Hammers adjusted so much better then we did. And there was me thinking whilst the riders were in discussion "I hope Morris and Ellis aren't now complaining about a WET track", after having seen the debacle at Swindon on the telly on Monday!

I agree that the continuity is a big problem, although some clubs have had it far worse than Sheffield. 

• Like 1

One meeting at lakeside this month and NONE at Eastbourne. July has been a real struggle for us fans in the South East.

1 hour ago, psycho3a said:

I go on Holiday on the 7th August for 3 weeks... My season done and dusted on the 2nd August... if for any reason i cannot attend then my season finished in July... Thats never been heard of, normally we used to go to the end of September early October without play offs.. A real horrible stop start season 

How has it been a stop start season?

Aside from one rained off meeting (there were six last year) there have been just two Thursdays without a home meeting this season. Plus one Thursday when we were away at Ipswich.

And the “gaps” in the schedule were there to accommodate more rained off meetings and progression in the Cup and shield. Had we progressed further in these competitions there wouldn’t have been enough free Thursdays.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, waco said:

Lack of continuity of meetings is one of the main reasons the promoters are killing the sport......

The continuing irrational and wholly unnecessary negativity of some fans is doing the same.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RobHowe said:

The continuing irrational and wholly unnecessary negativity of some fans is doing the same.

so as city rebel has pointed out,one meeting at lakeside.you think thats acceptable then in a sport that is obviously struggling for new support.we faced the team second in the table and the crowd wasn't particularly that good.continuity is what is needed or indeed the sport will continue to struggle.

• Like 1

So Mr Lowe did you find that display last night ok. I have not seen a tigers team throw the towel in like that in a very long time. Just ask Mr Stead. I don't think my comments are irrational or negative just facts, but that's just me. I pay my entrance fee and expect a lot better than the rubbish served up by the tigers last night. The track conditions were the same for both teams so that's not an excuse.

• Like 1

for me, last nights meeting summed up quite easily.lakeside riders attacked the track and conditions and apart from kyle and charles,we didn't and that was the difference.end of.

1 hour ago, RobHowe said:

How has it been a stop start season?

Aside from one rained off meeting (there were six last year) there have been just two Thursdays without a home meeting this season. Plus one Thursday when we were away at Ipswich.

And the “gaps” in the schedule were there to accommodate more rained off meetings and progression in the Cup and shield. Had we progressed further in these competitions there wouldn’t have been enough free Thursdays.

Of course they were, that's why re-arranging fixtures has been a nightmare - everybody had too many free dates. Dream on this is the biggest organised fk up ever in British Speedway!

14 minutes ago, Whisperer said:

Of course they were, that's why re-arranging fixtures has been a nightmare - everybody had too many free dates. Dream on this is the biggest organised fk up ever in British Speedway!

Sheffield has had too many free dates? Really?

How many have we had?