British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue v Wolves - 25/7/18

4 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Not totally correct. I won't go Mondays but went last night.

Usually high quality NSS stuff, the final score perhaps not reflecting the course of the meeting.

Fricke never really looked like getting beaten, Bewley pulled off his usual racing moves (he was the inside of bend 4 worked out totally) but the MOM for me was Tungate. Little concerned about Cook, he simply didn't seem to have the speed. Few moments from Masters and Schlein and a shout for Greaves, some big effort there. 

Only one complaint : why have an interval when the overwhelming majority of speedway fans complain about unnecessary delay and especially when the start was delayed and there were a number of long track grading breaks ? 

Excellent meeting with some great racing. Late start due to exchanging tickets (only at main Ticket Office) and late arrival of Ambulance (can't be helped). What gets me is that there is no consideration whatsoever for those people who arrive on time for a 7:30 start - not just this meeting, but in general. People may have arrangements in place (trains to catch, etc.) for after the meeting, yet these seem discounted in favour of a needless interval.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

I don't know whether there's anything in it but for the umpteenth time Masters on the OS puts our inability to handle the NSS when it slicks off down to Belle Vue's 'little fellas'.

Is he right or just a whingeing Aussie?:P

So that's why Fricke and Etheridge beat him so easily in the last two races. :rolleyes:

Excellent meeting last night with lots of good racing..from both sides

Another example of a big score not reflecting the super quality of the racing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wolfsbane said:

I don't know whether there's anything in it but for the umpteenth time Masters on the OS puts our inability to handle the NSS when it slicks off down to Belle Vue's 'little fellas'.

Is he right or just a whingeing Aussie?:P

Whinging Aussie for me:rolleyes:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ABS said:

Excellent meeting with some great racing. Late start due to exchanging tickets (only at main Ticket Office) and late arrival of Ambulance (can't be helped). What gets me is that there is no consideration whatsoever for those people who arrive on time for a 7:30 start - not just this meeting, but in general. People may have arrangements in place (trains to catch, etc.) for after the meeting, yet these seem discounted in favour of a needless interval.

For me, its a question of midweek racing (Wednesday is definitely better than Monday) and work the following day. 

The late start was a one off so I can allow that. But to then have an interval as well is just ridiculous.  

Speedway supporters constantly complain about unnecessary delay and are, basically, completely ignored.

1 minute ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Speedway supporters constantly complain about unnecessary delay and are, basically, completely ignored.

Not much is needed to be added to that. We are, always have been and always will be completely ignored while the BSPA is run in the way it currently is.

11 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Not much is needed to be added to that. We are, always have been and always will be completely ignored while the BSPA is run in the way it currently is.

The sadness of it is - with one or two minor exceptions - Belle Vue do it bang on. I can't recall seeing even an average meeting at NSS (never mind a bad one) and last night was no different.

11 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

The sadness of it is - with one or two minor exceptions - Belle Vue do it bang on. I can't recall seeing even an average meeting at NSS (never mind a bad one) and last night was no different.

True. Track prep was superb last night - contrast this with the dust fest served up at Swindon on Monday. 

My point is that at Belle Vue they have delayed the start a few times to let people in, but have no consideration for people who expect the meeting to end at a certain time to meet other commitments. Yes, I can understand it in extreme circumstances, if say the M56/M60/A57 was closed, but why should people who expect the meeting to start on time have to hang around because people turn up late?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob B said:

Heat 11 from last night 

Proper speedway Nige.

If only every track had entrances and exits to the bends as wide as that.

• Thanks 1

Might be proper speedway, but where was the team riding.  Fricke looking round and then not working the info into the benefit for him and his team mate was dreadful.  Back to the fact team riding is an art that has to be learned, but that was a good chance for Fricke to learn, after all, Jye wasn't slow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Might be proper speedway, but where was the team riding.  Fricke looking round and then not working the info into the benefit for him and his team mate was dreadful.  Back to the fact team riding is an art that has to be learned, but that was a good chance for Fricke to learn, after all, Jye wasn't slow.

Agree Fricke could have let Jye have outside run,Thorsell wasn't that much faster.

53 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

The team riding could have been bit better but it wasn’t dreadful. Etheridge was fast first 2 laps but then started to slow, Fricke was looking for him but Thorsell was all over back of him. The track is so wide with racing lines it is harder to team ride to keep someone behind, if Fricke had slowed more good chance Thorsell could have had him.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rob B said:

The team riding could have been bit better but it wasn’t dreadful. Etheridge was fast first 2 laps but then started to slow, Fricke was looking for him but Thorsell was all over back of him. The track is so wide with racing lines it is harder to team ride to keep someone behind, if Fricke had slowed more good chance Thorsell could have had him.

Don't worry, Tungate did the honours with Jye in Heat 14 though.

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

I agree, sometimes it's better to secure the 4-2 than risk losing any kind of heat advantage. I thought from the footage that Thorsell always looked faster than Etheridge.