British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue v Wolves - 25/7/18

Think this will be 3 points for the Aces and none for Wolves.  Steve Worrall still not fully match fit, which probably cost us at least a point at Monmore but will improve with every meeting and should score more tonight than he did on Monday. 

Looking forward to some good racing. 

Aces should rip Wolves apart in this one. At Monmore only Cook, Fricke and Bewley put up a fight but around here they can hit 50 without breaking sweat while Wolves will need their top three to hit at least 30 between them just to keep it respectable as Morris, Howarth, Heaps and Graves will do well to get -5 between them.

Aces win by 14 and about 11 heat winners

14 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

Start delayed due to massive queues outside!!

Hmm....

Oh yes, its not a Monday, that'll be why.

Wolves in town that's why

• Like 1

Yet again not difficult to spot where our problem lies.

Action to address it there was none.

great meeting with good fast racing, Wolves seemed to fold after the interval, on the plus side a very decent crowd.

The usual standard defeat at the NSS. Worse than usual however.

Great racing, more passing in virtually every race than in the whole of the Swindon meeting last week. No dust, despite the continuing heatwave.  Wolves looked as if they might do better than expected and then went absent in the latter stages.

Edited by Aces51

5 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

Start delayed due to massive queues outside!!

Hmm....

Oh yes, its not a Monday, that'll be why.

Whilst agreeing Monday's are not good for Belle Vue, in this particular case I'd suggest more to do with Summer Holidays have started. 

4 hours ago, BWitcher said:

nad Whilst agreeing Monday's are not good for Belle Vue, in this particular case I'd suggest more to do with Summer Holidays have started. 

Not totally correct. I won't go Mondays but went last night.

Usually high quality NSS stuff, the final score perhaps not reflecting the course of the meeting.

Fricke never really looked like getting beaten, Bewley pulled off his usual racing moves (he was the inside of bend 4 worked out totally) but the MOM for me was Tungate. Little concerned about Cook, he simply didn't seem to have the speed. Few moments from Masters and Schlein and a shout for Greaves, some big effort there. 

Only one complaint : why have an interval when the overwhelming majority of speedway fans complain about unnecessary delay and especially when the start was delayed and there were a number of long track grading breaks ? 

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Intervals are usually a marketing tool to get the punters to spend money.

• Like 1

By the sound of it Belle Vue needs to refuse to have any monday meetings next season. 

• Like 1

I don't know whether there's anything in it but for the umpteenth time Masters on the OS puts our inability to handle the NSS when it slicks off down to Belle Vue's 'little fellas'.

Is he right or just a whingeing Aussie?:P

33 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

I don't know whether there's anything in it but for the umpteenth time Masters on the OS puts our inability to handle the NSS when it slicks off down to Belle Vue's 'little fellas'.

Is he right or just a whingeing Aussie?:P

He's probably right, anyone who puts another 10-20kg on his bike must be at a disadvantage but you also need to know the best lines to generate speed

• Like 1