British Speedway Forum
cyclone

Edinburgh vs Redcar (Championship), 27th July, 2018, 7.30pm

Teams as per Official Edinburgh website:-

STAGGS BAR MONARCHS: Ricky Wells, Victor Palovaara, Josh Pickering, Richie Worrall, Erik Riss (captain), Max Clegg, Joel Andersson.

ECCO BEARS: Ben Barker (captain), Tobias Busch, Dimitri Bergé, Jonas B Andersen, Thomas Jorgensen, Mikkel B Andersen, Jordan Stewart.

First outing of new Edinburgh lineup, and at present, both teams will be at full strength.

Would expect Monarchs to win as Busch & Berge have struggled at the Dale in the past.

Be interesting to see if Max Clegg can replicate his previous Armadale form, as this Season he was poor in the Premier riding for Rye House and not too impressive for Stoke in the NL also.

Bears to put on a better show than the other week at home v the Monarchs....but realistically can't see them getting a point here. UTB !!

Think Max Clegg will be okay at the Dale. Could be a weak link on the big tracks where in the past he tended to get a nosebleed and high altitude sickness if he left the white line. Prove me wrong please Max.

Good luck to both Ritchie and Max on their debut / return.  I’m hoping for a comfortable home win please

9 hours ago, Gr8scot said:

Good luck to both Ritchie and Max on their debut / return.  I’m hoping for a comfortable home win please

And a dry evening too! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Think Max Clegg will be okay at the Dale. Could be a weak link on the big tracks where in the past he tended to get a nosebleed and high altitude sickness if he left the white line. Prove me wrong please Max.

Hopefully he will be ok at the dale but he needs to sort out his gating as he is always well back going into the first bend.(yes its quite exciting coming from the back however there is not as many weak 2pt reserves this year) If he can sort that out then he could be a trump card(at home). As for his away form, having followed the team to all but 2 away meetings in the last 5 years(more than this but in relation to clegg), you are corrct, just does not move off the line and if he does, hasnt a clue how to ride the wide line on the big tracks, just hoping that has improved (as per his comments on the press release). We have berwick, sheffield, glasgow and workington to come.

As fore Richie, im sure he will hit the ground running, possibly underperformed this season so far but well noted the issues behind the scenes at glasgow were a factor(not just for richie), he is already an armadale expert whithout even riding for us so riding week in week out he will be sure to improve even more, handy on the away tracks aswell with his gating prowess.

2 hours ago, GhostRider said:

As fore Richie, im sure he will hit the ground running, possibly underperformed this season so far but well noted the issues behind the scenes at glasgow were a factor(not just for richie)

What were they?

16 hours ago, GhostRider said:

Hopefully he will be ok at the dale but he needs to sort out his gating as he is always well back going into the first bend.(yes its quite exciting coming from the back however there is not as many weak 2pt reserves this year) If he can sort that out then he could be a trump card(at home). As for his away form, having followed the team to all but 2 away meetings in the last 5 years(more than this but in relation to clegg), you are corrct, just does not move off the line and if he does, hasnt a clue how to ride the wide line on the big tracks, just hoping that has improved (as per his comments on the press release). We have berwick, sheffield, glasgow and workington to come.

As fore Richie, im sure he will hit the ground running, possibly underperformed this season so far but well noted the issues behind the scenes at glasgow were a factor(not just for richie), he is already an armadale expert whithout even riding for us so riding week in week out he will be sure to improve even more, handy on the away tracks aswell with his gating prowess.

Really, care to enlighten us on the well noted issues behind the scenes.

Me personally I think you just like a good wee gossip , you on the phone to Mr B first thing every morning ? but gossiping invariably gets you into trouble.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gazc said:

Really, care to enlighten us on the well noted issues behind the scenes.

Me personally I think you just like a good wee gossip , you on the phone to Mr B first thing every morning ? but gossiping invariably gets you into trouble.

On 5/27/2018 at 10:28 PM, Gazc said:

Team spirit as in our top scorer refusing to take heat 15 as he wasnt keen on track conditions.

Now that is taking the p*ss.

I wasn't keen on track conditions im on to my third shower tonight and still have some of the track on what little hair i have left.

But i didn't extract the urine and leave at heat 14 i saw it out unfortunately , serious questions need asked as that doesn't sound like good team spirit to me.

Perhaps Ghostrider remembered the above post made by yourself on the Glasgow vs Edinburgh KO Cup topic, when you were referring to Richie Worrall  (aka ""our top scorer") :shock:

Or were you just "gossiping" then?

1 hour ago, cyclone said:

Perhaps Ghostrider remembered the above post made by yourself on the Glasgow vs Edinburgh KO Cup topic, when you were referring to Richie Worrall  (aka ""our top scorer") :shock:

Or were you just "gossiping" then?

Team spirit was poor mostly down to Richie at the time not aware of anything else so no not gossiping.

Christ you must have a really boring life sitting all day pulling people up on posts.

And for the record any dis-harmony this and last season at Glasgow is kept in house or do you know different.

22 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Team spirit was poor mostly down to Richie at the time not aware of anything else so no not gossiping.

Christ you must have a really boring life sitting all day pulling people up on posts.

And for the record any dis-harmony this and last season at Glasgow is kept in house or do you know different.

I was told by a long term Glasgow fan that Richie and Mr Dickson were good friends so maybe this unsettled things at the start of the year for him?

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

You appear unaware that your third statement contradicts the opening line :rolleyes:

So what is the source of your assertion that "Team spirit was poor mostly down to Richie at the time" ?

As it is you that is publicly stating this, please tell us all who informed you - was it directly from another rider, or a member of the Promotion, or just more unsubstantiated hearsay?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cyclone said:

You appear unaware that your third statement contradicts the opening line :rolleyes:

So what is the source of your assertion that "Team spirit was poor mostly down to Richie at the time" ?

As it is you that is publicly stating this, please tell us all who informed you - was it directly from another rider, or a member of the Promotion, or just more unsubstantiated hearsay?

If someone told me do you really think i would tell you , in regards to you trying to be your usual smart arse on unsubstantiated hearsay, you would know all about that as you have been outed on your drivel on here more than anyone i know.

As for appear unaware wtf are you on team spirit was poor but what that has to do with a non-entity like you i don't know.

So stop trying to be the sanctimonious clown you are and run along. 

Anyway on to the match tonight, hopefully another entertaining nights racing at the dale after a week or so off, hopefully the rain stays away till the meeting is complete and of course a monarchs victory.

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

If someone told me do you really think i would tell you , in regards to you trying to be your usual smart arse on unsubstantiated hearsay, you would know all about that as you have been outed on your drivel on here more than anyone i know.

As for appear unaware wtf are you on team spirit was poor but what that has to do with a non-entity like you i don't know.

So stop trying to be the sanctimonious clown you are and run along. 

Ah when called out to justify your post ,you resort to your moronic bullying self.

Afraid it wont work on me so crawl back into your cave sunshine:D