British Speedway Forum
cyclone

Edinburgh vs Redcar (Championship), 27th July, 2018, 7.30pm

Despite the heavy score in favour of the blue n gold I thought some of the racing was excellent. Feel if we reached play offs we could be in with a chance. Gonna be hard getting there though.

49 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Despite the heavy score in favour of the blue n gold I thought some of the racing was excellent. Feel if we reached play offs we could be in with a chance. Gonna be hard getting there though.

Agree there was some exciting racing tonight and the inclusion of Richie Worrall (resplendent in blue & yellow kevlars, btw) has certainly made us appear to be a more solid unit.

Congratulations to Josh Pickering on his maiden paid maximum in the Championship, which he achieved in his spectacular all action style.

OK Redcar were virtually a 3 man team in Jorgensen, Barker & Jonas B Andersen, and far tougher tests home & away, have still to be raced, before we will have an indication of whether the Monarchs will be in the mix for Play-Offs & the KO cup.     

Saw a couple of Redcar fans supporting their team tonight  and having endured similar humiliations of ourselves under the Tom Cook era, I appreciate this is a time when dedicated fans must rally round their club to ensure its continuation.

Edited by cyclone

2 hours ago, JanAnderson said:

We’re going to win the league, we’re going to win the league and now you’re gonna believe us......

Wouldn't rule it out you look like potential play off qualifiers at least.

Once there anything can happen.

4 hours ago, JanAnderson said:

You’re just very defensive that’s all. You don’t know what he said was a lie. 

It was something a couple off seasons back maybe longer nothing to do with the present.

As I understand it, the abject performance by the Bears last night has presented Edinburgh equalling their highest ever score at Armadale.

At least the Bears have made the record books.

Sometimes it's hard  to be a speedway fan.

Edited by parkendlass

On 7/27/2018 at 1:46 PM, RossE said:

I was told by a long term Glasgow fan that Richie and Mr Dickson were good friends so maybe this unsettled things at the start of the year for him?

They had a very good working relationship and mutual respect for each other . You may well be right about unsettling him.

3 hours ago, Gazc said:

They had a very good working relationship and mutual respect for each other . You may well be right about unsettling him.

This is what i was referring too in my previous post, i think the departure of dickson upset the applecart a little with what seemed a shock departure, which can inadvertantly affect riders.

apologies if my last post was seen to be unfair “slagging” glasgow, i can asure you it was not meant that way at all. 

I am an avid supporter of not only edinburgh but scottish speedway as a whole.

Edited by GhostRider

27 minutes ago, GhostRider said:

This is what i was referring too in my previous post, i think the departure of dickson upset the applecart a little with what seemed a shock departure, which can inadvertantly affect riders.

apologies if my last post was seen to be unfair “slagging” glasgow, i can asure you it was not meant that way at all. 

I am an avid supporter of not only edinburgh but scottish speedway as a whole.

No worries to be fair it went a bit pear shaped after that and I probably do go on the defensive of Glasgow too quickly as has been pointed out to me :t:

• Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 4:37 PM, Gazc said:

And last season I believe it was the owners that brought him back not the team manager.Then we had R and R battle in the pits all season, Dan not happy it must have been excellent team spirit.

20 minutes ago, MANSE said:

And last season I believe it was the owners that brought him back not the team manager.Then we had R and R battle in the pits all season, Dan not happy it must have been excellent team spirit.

After the drivel on here on Friday you will be asked on a written blow by blow account on this by a certain poster , how you know this , and did you sign a confidentiality agreement.

I do not doubt you at all but some on here especially on this thread will be on with the matches under your toe nails soon , even though they have been caught out on here regarding an ex Glasgow rider.