British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Leicester v Poole Monday 30th July 2018 Prem B.

Next Monday 30th sees Pirates return to Leicester after winning there just a couple of weeks ago on BT in a last heat decider.

This time Pirates return with Harris in place of Sundstrom. Leicester have changed 4 members of their lineup. 

There are question marks over the availability of Josh G for Poole and Hans for the lions as both have been named in the Lodz lineup at their stadium opening which takes place the same night in Poland. Hopefully both will be at Leicester.

Pirates need to continue their run of winning at home and picking up points on our travels.

Another very close meeting on this gate and go track.

Hoping for 3 points to Poole. 

Thoughts?

God help us I reckon - will be a field day for Klindt at reserve and if you're right about Hans being missing ... we'll be lucky to score 30 at home .... never mind I will be there supporting on the night as always but can't help feeling it's onwards and downwards :(:(

I don’t believe Klindt will do as well as a couple of weeks ago.  Not sure about Harris at Leicester. We need to be on it straight away.

41 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t believe Klindt will do as well as a couple of weeks ago.  Not sure about Harris at Leicester. We need to be on it straight away.

Just looked at the Leicester v Rye House meeting from earlier in the season......

Chris Harris  0,fx,0,0 = 0 .... Hope he does better next Monday!!

in 2017 he scored 9+2 and 6+1 from Rye House’s two meetings there...let’s hope for more of the 9+2 sort of score.

Edited by scottyfan

Fancy us to win this comfortably. 

Klindt will have a field day again. He loves the Leicester track. 

Hans possibly missing is a massive negative for Leicester.

I think Ford will make sure Josh ( away average is 5.45) is covered the best way he can at this stage of the season. Either by guest or RR...So big loss there, but Hans will be a miss for the Lions, hard to replace, with a home average of 8.82...

Full teams 40-50

With the 2 riders missing 36- 54

Shouldnt be a problem for any of the riders. GB have the rights to Monday meetings, surely?

Don't see we will miss Josh much at Leicester, Hans will be a bigger miss for the Lions.especially with Klindt still at reserve, when he is in the main body of the team we could well struggle.

Matt Ford said last night that he was still awaiting clarification from the Polish League (PZM) over Josh's appearance due to him having taken out a Polish Licence.

He also said that Hans would be in the Leicester side, (unless money talks or Hans doesn't fancy it after last night?!:rolleyes:)

Assuming Josh is missing and Poole are allowed a facility then it'll have to be r/r as you can only have a guest for your number 1 or if more than one rider is missing.

Edited by Skidder1

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt Ford said last night that he was still awaiting clarification from the Polish League (PZM) over Josh's appearance due to him having taken out a Polish Licence.

He also said that Hans would be in the Leicester side, (unless money talks or Hans doesn't fancy it after last night?!:rolleyes:)

Assuming Josh is missing and Poole are allowed a facility then it'll have to be r/r as you can only have a guest for your number 1 or if more than one rider is missing.

Can have a guest for your top 3 riders in average this year 

3 minutes ago, mark.1 said:

Maybe, but Josh is not in the top 3!!!

On 7/26/2018 at 1:49 PM, mark.1 said:

Quick run, lets stop poole from doing anything, cant have that... Whats good for poole will be good for Leicester, but you missed that bit out... Convieniently..
I see Dump that clutch and Gem jumped on my mistake which i appoologised for. Didnt see you put a like on that though. Did i.. Nasty bunch, arnt you..

Edited by Starman2006
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Quick run, lets stop poole from doing anything, cant have that... Whats good for poole will be good for Leicester, but you missed that bit out... Convieniently..

Are you for real I was pointing out to skidder you can have a guest for your top 3 riders this year so wind your neck back in or will I get banned for saying that?