British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Leicester v Poole Monday 30th July 2018 Prem B.

9 minutes ago, mark.1 said:

Are you for real I was pointing out to skidder you can have a guest for your top 3 riders this year so wind your neck back in or will I get banned for saying that?

Appologies, i miss read it.. i thought it said Can't, but clearly says Can..

2 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Appologies, i miss read it.. i thought it said Can't, but clearly says Can..

Fair enough starman2006 

Two clubs who have used about thirty riders between them. This looks more like a ragbag testimonial involving Somerset and Rye House.

Does either set of fans identify with these teams? :)

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Two clubs who have used about thirty riders between them. This looks more like a ragbag testimonial involving Somerset and Rye House.

Does either set of fans identify with these teams? :)

Poor taste talking about a team that has sadly closed in that way.

Of course we do it is still our team whoever is riding.

• Like 2

I think it's fair to say that  Leicesters season is over.

Can't see us picking up anything on the road, so I guess have to try and win all home meetings that are left. Which may be difficult, shame started the season with so much promise as well. 

Edited by nightshift
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, nightshift said:

I think it's fair to say that  Leicesters season is over.

Can't see us picking up anything on the road, so I guess have to try and win all home meetings that are left. Which may be difficult, shame started the season with so much promise as well. 

i was surprised your team folded so easy last night like you said showed so much promise at the start of the season still i suppose when vaculik got injured that was the start of your slide downward

Hans will be at Leicester as UK have priority on Monday night and DMU have issued his start  permission for UK so if rides in Poland will likely get a ban in both UK and Denmark

Josh G is a different matter as he is riding on a Polish license but as others have said RR could work well for Poole

• Like 2

On 7/25/2018 at 11:34 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Next Monday 30th sees Pirates return to Leicester after winning there just a couple of weeks ago on BT in a last heat decider.

This time Pirates return with Harris in place of Sundstrom. Leicester have changed 4 members of their lineup. 

There are question marks over the availability of Josh G for Poole and Hans for the lions as both have been named in the Lodz lineup at their stadium opening which takes place the same night in Poland. Hopefully both will be at Leicester.

Pirates need to continue their run of winning at home and picking up points on our travels.

Another very close meeting on this gate and go track.

Hoping for 3 points to Poole. 

Thoughts?

2 inaccuracies in this OP - firstly the opening match in the new Lodz  stadium is the previous day(this Sunday) v Gdansk. Secondly Monday`s teams for the Daugavpils match  have not been announced yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

2 inaccuracies in this OP - firstly the opening match in the new Lodz  stadium is the previous day(this Sunday) v Gdansk. Secondly Monday`s teams for the Daugavpils match  have not been announced yet.

Only passing on the info I was given on Wednesday at the stadium. So Lodz have two home meetings in two days? You can see where the confusion comes from with Hans and Josh there on the Sunday then.

Hopefully both will be at Leicester on Monday.

31 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Only passing on the info I was given on Wednesday at the stadium. So Lodz have two home meetings in two days? You can see where the confusion comes from with Hans and Josh there on the Sunday then.

Hopefully both will be at Leicester on Monday.

Depends who told you on Wednesday ? if it was Poole management, they have hardly been bastions of the truth over the years( ie KK good Friday).

My thread which initially raised the topic was clear i thought 

42 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Depends who told you on Wednesday ? if it was Poole management, they have hardly been bastions of the truth over the years( ie KK good Friday).

My thread which initially raised the topic was clear i thought 

Did you see my updated reply on the earlier post R&R?  Straight from Matt F himself.

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Did you see my updated reply on the earlier post R&R?  Straight from Matt F himself.

No- Edit just read it thanks- hope there is no problems with flights out of Poland on Monday ;)

Edited by racers and royals

Matt was still awaiting clarification from PZM re Josh (Josh also said the same when asked in the pits). As far as MF is aware Hans is in the Leicester 1-7 for Monday, much to Lodz' disappointment, 

OK so as it is, Hans will be at Leicester, Josh might be at Leicester but could be at Lodz. 

But then money talks and Lodz will be probably on to Leicester begging for them to release Hans for the day as he is there anyway and it will save a lot of bother etc, and here’s some money to sooth over the pain. Similar situation to Jack Holder at Peterborough last season? Think Hans will be at Leicester.

Josh, on a Polish license might find it harder to not be in Poland with possible threats of having said license revoked etc.

Josh scored a very good paid 9 a couple of weeks ago in the win. R/R won’t cut it.

We need both at the meeting.

Danish Federation have approved Hans to be at Leicester so if he isn't then a potential ban could be on the cards.