British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Leicester v Poole Monday 30th July 2018 Prem B.

47 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Licence is an irrelevant smokescreen

International calender priority ti Britain

Indeed, just shows how weak Britain is now despite having 'protected' race nights and that Poland still do whatever they like.

25 minutes ago, DC2 said:

No, I meant I preferred reading about your daily life rather than your thoughts on speedway. Doh! No offence intended. :)

Mine, i thought you was talking about Steves ..

56 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Oh dear look at them all. All running scared of us. Still nothing changes i suppose. Matt will do whats right, if its RR then thats what it is, and as Steve says if its a guest then the same applies.

As has been pointed out Im totally neutral so no reason to be 'scared' as the result is irrelevant - there is much more at stake here

I do have a care for British Speedway and if it were agreed to let Josh G ride in Poland and then compound that by granting a facility we may as well pack it all up and turn off the lights

• Like 2

I would imagine that someone related to the BSPA must be reading this forum, so wouldn't it be nice for once, for them to come on here and fully explain what the actual rules are concerning rider availability for Poole's match tomorrow. As far as I know, UK has priority on a Monday over all other Nations Speedway, so if Josh decides to chase the cash in Poland then he should get the mandatory 28 day ban, and Poole should only be allowed a NL rider in replacement. If Poole have a complaint against it, then they should be the ones insisting to Josh that he has to ride over here, as he is contracted to them. If any other facility is made available to Poole, then it just shows that the rules are a farce, and it's another nail in the coffin.

• Like 4

If Josh does not ride for Poole tomorrow, regardless if he is on a Polish License it makes a joke of the decision made at the AGM. UK top flight is Monday & Wednesday and this was agreed to avoid clashes with Poland. Monday is Poland’s off night, so Josh should be at Leicester, if he isn’t then a 28 day ban should be put in place for with holding his services. He hasn’t ridden much in Poland this year, so surely staying loyal to UK is better for him. All the messing about at the start with not using him, now they are desperate as they are behind on fixtures and need the points to climb up the table.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 6

53 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Indeed, just shows how weak Britain is now despite having 'protected' race nights and that Poland still do whatever they like.

Well of course, they know the pay difference talks!

I have heard tonight that Leicester are getting clarity on the Josh G situation so that the correct action is taken. If he doesn’t ride then it should be a NL replacement.

I just hope this can be sorted before the meeting as do want a situation where Leicester ride under protest and then a ruling is made where RR points get deducted 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, flagrag said:

I have heard tonight that Leicester are getting clarity on the Josh G situation so that the correct action is taken. If he doesn’t ride then it should be a NL replacement.

I just hope this can be sorted before the meeting as do want a situation where Leicester ride under protest and then a ruling is made where RR points get deducted 

There is no 'ride under protest' option

The decision has to be made before and is then final according to the regs

Mind you if you can ignore one reg then why not another and then another

Eventually why bother at all....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, flagrag said:

It's alright deducting points off a team but where do those points go? They don't give them to the opposition!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Lisa Collette- Also the rider that has scored the extra points will want paying for them as well. As I said hopefully this can all be clarified in the morning and not left for Ref to sort out at the track.

It is an especially complex situation as Josh is riding on a Polish license so PZM have denied his start permission to ride in UK which then opens a problem with riders insurance. 

Leicester had this problem a few seasons ago when Wozniak wanted to ride for Leicester and PZM wouldn’t issue his start permit as his club Wroclaw wanted him to practice he physically could not ride for the Lions without the correct paperwork.

Relations are not the best between PZM and SCB after the Chris Harris situation earlier this year so don’t know which way this will go as it’s UK priority but rider is on license of second country 

Edited by flagrag

3 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Lisa Collette- Also the rider that has scored the extra points will want paying for them as well. As I said hopefully this can all be clarified in the morning and not left for Ref to sort out at the track.

It is an especially complex situation as Josh is riding on a Polish license so PZM have denied his start permission to ride in UK which then opens a problem with riders insurance. 

Leicester had this problem a few seasons ago when Wozniak wanted to ride for Leicester and PZM wouldn’t issue his start permit as his club Wroclaw wanted him to practice he physically could not ride for the Lions without the correct paperwork 

The Wozniak situation was prior to the agreement on fixed race nights across the main leagues. 

• Like 1

The way I see it (and others won’t) is that none of this is Poole’s fault. From what I can gather Poole had been working to get Josh to Leicester for tonights meeting. But the PZM have refused to budge and won’t allow him to ride here, even though the UK has priority on Mondays. They have said he must ride for Lodz even though it is against the agreements which were put in place to stop this from happening. The rider has been placed in an impossible position by the PZM.

Leicester are now trying to use this to their advantage. Rather than accept that Poole can do absolutely nothing about this as it is out of their hands they really should accept that r/r is the fairest solution.

Of course the majority on here will completely disagree with the last sentence. If Poole are forced to use a 3 pointer so be it but it is just penalising a club that could do nothing about this  situation.

R/R would be most fair to get around the immediate problem, but the matter shouldn't be allowed to rest and be brushed under the carpet, it ought to be taken to the FIM because Poland has acted illegally.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The way I see it (and others won’t) is that none of this is Poole’s fault. From what I can gather Poole had been working to get Josh to Leicester for tonights meeting. But the PZM have refused to budge and won’t allow him to ride here, even though the UK has priority on Mondays. They have said he must ride for Lodz even though it is against the agreements which were put in place to stop this from happening. The rider has been placed in an impossible position by the PZM.

Leicester are now trying to use this to their advantage. Rather than accept that Poole can do absolutely nothing about this as it is out of their hands they really should accept that r/r is the fairest solution.

Of course the majority on here will completely disagree with the last sentence. If Poole are forced to use a 3 pointer so be it but it is just penalising a club that could do nothing about this  situation.

Poole of course have had control of the situation by choosing to sign and retain a rider on a Polish licence - just the same as where clubs have had to deal with the Denmark situation

The regs re any facility or not should therefore be followed - to not do so is just plain wrong

What next - a club wants to sign a rider but it takes them to 42.51. Should that club just say "Dont penalise us - he wasnt riding for us when he scored those points so it was outside our control"

Sounds ridiculous? Yes it does - but ignore one regulation and where does it stop......

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Then surely it is up to Josh to tell pzm to stick it and ride for Poole, he doesn't even ride every meeting for them anyway .This rule about getting a NL rider isn't fair on the team or the paying public but it's the rule so should be adhered to.  If this was a Leicester rider Poole would be trying to use it to their advantage too. 

• Like 5