British Speedway Forum
Normski

Berwick v Glasgow ( Championship ) 28-7-18. 7pm

15 hours ago, Shadders said:

I’ve been to every meeting at Berwick as a neutral this year and I’ve gotta say the entertainment has been poor to say the least. Most of the excitement has been when Chris Harris has missed the gate. When one of the highlights was Buddy the Bandit doing wheelies on a mini bike you know it’s been dull. Apparently 30 tons of shale was deposited on the track this week, but you’d be hard pressed to notice the difference

It wasn't Berwicks fault on Saturday night, as Glasgow didn't turn up.  After Friday up at Glasgow I was expecting a meeting similar the one at the beggining  of the season.  Apart from heat 9 which was brilliant and heat 13 to a lesser degree there was little entertainment to be had.  I have said it many times we pay to be entertained and simply are not being entertained.  I am not blaming our club for that on Saturday night as it isn't their fault the opposition wasn't up for the fight.  Heard it was 56 ton of shale, but was hardly noticeable, shows  how little shale was on the track previously

Glasgows chance of doing anything on Saturday was gone on Thurs when Ipswich picked up 4 points at Redcar which put them back in the mix for a play off spot,and Schleins performance confirmed that. Our two reserves were never going to get more than 2/3 points unless Berwick riders had problems, Starke not very good from gate 80% races at Berwick won from gate I think that leaves Two. Vissing 2 poor rides then makes 2 gates and wins both, now down to one who was excellent  just my opinion 

On 7/29/2018 at 5:56 PM, Shadders said:

I’ve been to every meeting at Berwick as a neutral this year and I’ve gotta say the entertainment has been poor to say the least. Most of the excitement has been when Chris Harris has missed the gate. When one of the highlights was Buddy the Bandit doing wheelies on a mini bike you know it’s been dull. Apparently 30 tons of shale was deposited on the track this week, but you’d be hard pressed to notice the difference

“Been to every meeting “ 

it can’t be that bad then ? Since you keep going back every week 

19 minutes ago, penchev said:

“Been to every meeting “ 

At least he is supporting the Sport and not walking away from it like a lot of fans.Should be commended IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, penchev said:

“Been to every meeting “ 

Always in the hope that I may see that spectacular meeting. I’m an optimist. Also, seeing Aaron & Nikolaj is the closest I can get to seeing my beloved and now departed Rockets

Edited by Shadders

6 hours ago, penchev said:

“Been to every meeting “ 

I wouldn't be knocking him, there are very few like him left.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, screm said:

He cant see how many people have had enough of the same rubbish year in and year out as him and the other chuckle brother just love seeing live speedway on their doorstep, irrespective of if its any good or not. 

30 minutes ago, emilali said:

He cant see how many people have had enough of the same rubbish year in and year out as him and the other chuckle brother just love seeing live speedway on their doorstep, irrespective of if its any good or not. 

Honestly, who the f**k do you think you are? He could take Berwick as he pleases like he has done in the past! We also have a young son who loves watching speedway so one thing you do as a parent is things that make your kids happy! Hopefully you grow up and learn that at some point in the future! 

Still puzzles me why you bother commenting though if you have no interest in it anymore! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, screm said:

Mind I wasn't 'knocking' him just merely pointing out the fact that he does not find it entertaining and dull.

The club have to try different things and if they work then fine but sometimes not every idea will work, that's life.

So the club should be commended for trying to be innovated.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, emilali said:

You make this Chuckle Brother chuckle

Think most of us go hoping to see 1 or 2 decent races per night we don't expect 15 exciting heats heat 9 on Saturday night was one such race.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2018 at 9:05 AM, TIGERFEETRED said:

don't think he actually controlled the race - Harris had no option but to shut off otherwise he would have joined Tigers fans on terracing - took David Howe to calm matters at end of race - considering Chris gives everyone plenty of room to race the rash way Jye dealt with it was poor including revving up at the end of the race - i'm sure other riders would have dealt with this differently - just remember Jye if that,s the reputation you want - you need to expect if you dish it out you will get it back

Like Harris on Andersen last week then? Jye gave it out to Barker at the fours and took it back off A Morris in the last race of the semi which stopped us from going through but he didn’t create any fuss about it.

Pickering and him have had some great battles these past 2 years.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

Honestly, who the f**k do you think you are? He could take Berwick as he pleases like he has done in the past! We also have a young son who loves watching speedway so one thing you do as a parent is things that make your kids happy! Hopefully you grow up and learn that at some point in the future! 

Still puzzles me why you bother commenting though if you have no interest in it anymore! 

I didnt realise I had to be someone? I actually find it quite sad the way speedway has declined not just at Berwick but in this country generally over the past decade or so. All brought about by promoters taking their main income source for absolute mugs and idiots but then wonder why people stop going and even better take offence when people dont share the opinion they’d like them to have, just all very sad tbh.