British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

2019 One big league will it happen.?

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

The crowd at Poole was good the other night but you look on youtube at the Speedway Portal account and choose Poole vs BV and look at the crowd especially in the grandstand and in front of it, probably a quarter to a third less. Though having Chris Harris will put a fair few on the gate.

Putting "a fair few on the gate" at Poole, won't help the rest of UK speedway in general.

2 hours ago, 771neil said:

Don t see the one league myself as apart from rye house which other pl club is saying crowds are down in big numbers ??? I know wolves is about same as last 4-5 yrs hear good crowds at nss, kings Lynn and Swindon. Are crowds at Somerset Leicester and Poole that bad ?? Also heard from very good source that bt are very happy with viewing figures for both gp and pl. Think they need to sort race nights as fixed nights not really worked that well. 

I will have a pint of what your drinking :drink:

8 hours ago, topsoil said:

Which ones are these?

I prefer not to name them but they are in the north.

1 hour ago, foamfence said:

I prefer not to name them but they are in the north.

Most Championship sides are....

10 hours ago, topsoil said:

Which ones are these?

Just a guess I would say Workington , Redcar and Newcastle .

3 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Just a guess I would say Workington , Redcar and Newcastle .

Not correct.

Whatever happens, the planning/proposal must happen now so that the AGM is merely the formal approval 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 771neil said:

Don t see the one league myself as apart from rye house which other pl club is saying crowds are down in big numbers ??? I know wolves is about same as last 4-5 yrs hear good crowds at nss, kings Lynn and Swindon. Are crowds at Somerset Leicester and Poole that bad ?? Also heard from very good source that bt are very happy with viewing figures for both gp and pl. Think they need to sort race nights as fixed nights not really worked that well. 

It is common knowledge that most clubs have hit trouble this year even the mighty Poole have problems and there gates have been down.My club Swindon i think the gates have held up quite well considering the crap entertainment dished out week to week but there are rumours they are in big trouble.Something has to change but talks and plans need to start now dont leave it until there good old jolly up meeting in  Tennerife and rush things through.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KrisB said:

Whatever happens, the planning/proposal must happen now so that the AGM is merely the formal approval 

The promoters (BSPA) meet every month or so believe it or not so they already have a fair idea of the AGM proposals etc.

Its probably why the likes of Matt Ford are tempted to get out of the sport?!;)

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I'm sure plenty if us have our fingers and toes crossed.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The promoters (BSPA) meet every month or so believe it or not so they already have a fair idea of the AGM proposals etc.

Thing is Sid, if Matt wants out then clearly there is something wrong with the set up. Matt maybe a businessman, but he's also a speedway fan.  It sounds to me like they are all pretty much jostlling for position to shove that last nail in British speedways coffin. Still say the problem is at the top of the management comittee..

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm sure plenty if us have our fingers and toes crossed.

Nevermind mate, dont hold your breath, will you..;)

6 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Thing is Sid, if Matt wants out then clearly there is something wrong with the set up. Matt maybe a businessman, but he's also a speedway fan.  It sounds to me like they are all pretty much jostlling for position to shove that last nail in British speedways coffin. Still say the problem is at the top of the management comittee..

In that case the likes of Matt and T Russell should not have allowed it to go to pot in the past.

Maybe the way things are going is why Swindon have been buying up certain riders.