British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

What is going on at Eastbourne.

No home meetings in July and only two in August. In a week when their fellow seaside venues, Poole & The IOW reported their biggest crowds of the season, why are Eastbourne not running home meetings in the peak holiday season. I know a couple of dates are taken up by stock cars, but shouldn't the eagles be trying to take advantage of this exceptional summer.

Advert last night on the Eastbourne web site for next match vs Plymouth to be held on August 11th. Advert now withdrawn today Friday 27.7. ???

Edited by ShakeHans

Also theyve got a home meeting when brennans unavailable, theyll go into an important match away to kent completely short of match practice, its absolute madness

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

No home meetings in July and only two in August. In a week when their fellow seaside venues, Poole & The IOW reported their biggest crowds of the season, why are Eastbourne not running home meetings in the peak holiday season. I know a couple of dates are taken up by stock cars, but shouldn't the eagles be trying to take advantage of this exceptional summer.

Couldn't agree more Tony!

I still can't believe they decided not to run against the England v Belgium play off match that most people were not remotely interested in. I have a limited interest in football and like many others I did tune in for the Colombia, Sweden and Croatia games. In fact I don't know anyone who didn't watch at least part of the Croatia match but equally I don't know anyone who watched any of the play off game against Belgium. I certainly would have attended the Mildenhall fixture had Eastbourne staged it that evening but almost certainly won't attend when they eventually decide to run it probably on a cold and damp autumn evening!

4 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Maybe its a bit of a warning sign..

It does seem odd it's been so quiet on the website, no rescheduled dates for the Kent and Mildenhall fixtures, even now will we get them all in? Loads of league fixtures and the ko cup still to fit in. Just hope we're not heading for another Rye House type statement.:cry:

Spiller.  So now we no why the Mildenhall match was cancelled & no matches in July.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Spiller.  So now we no why the Mildenhall match was cancelled & no matches in July.

They would’ve stayed unbeaten at home and won at least 9 points away at Stoke, Buxton & Isle of Wight to give them a play-offs spot anyway. Then bring Spiller in for NLKOC, POs etc and get him back next year on a reduced average too. 

Even so I can’t see them beating Mildenhall for the title - injuries permitted 

16 hours ago, Islander15 said:

They would’ve stayed unbeaten at home and won at least 9 points away at Stoke, Buxton & Isle of Wight to give them a play-offs spot anyway. Then bring Spiller in for NLKOC, POs etc and get him back next year on a reduced average too. 

Is he actually any good? His older brother had a wildcard in the under 21s last week and was so far behind you needed binoculars to see him.

7 hours ago, foamfence said:

Is he actually any good? His older brother had a wildcard in the under 21s last week and was so far behind you needed binoculars to see him.

Obviously they’ve signed Ethan and not Danny but just being in the World U21 Final shows you how good he is! No NL rider is that standard and none of Wajtknecht, Greaves, Perks, Mountain etc got the call. Yes I know country politics came into play but look  how far above the NL Lambert, Bewley & Jakobsen are who ride in Britain and they aren’t finding  the series easy. 

8 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Obviously they’ve signed Ethan and not Danny but just being in the World U21 Final shows you how good he is! No NL rider is that standard and none of Wajtknecht, Greaves, Perks, Mountain etc got the call. Yes I know country politics came into play but look  how far above the NL Lambert, Bewley & Jakobsen are who ride in Britain and they aren’t finding  the series easy. 

He didn't actually qualify, he got a wildcard and rode under a German flag (and failed to score).

Edited by foamfence