British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

What is going on at Eastbourne.

3 hours ago, foamfence said:

He didn't actually qualify, he got a wildcard and rode under a German flag (and failed to score).

In which case, what is he doing in the British National League? And why is it OK for Eastbourne to sign a German of British ancestry, but wrong for Birmingham to sign a British citizen of Polish ancestry? No-one has ever explained the last ...

3 hours ago, foamfence said:

He didn't actually qualify, he got a wildcard and rode under a German flag (and failed to score).

I know that. Hence why I said he ‘got the call’ and country politics were a factor by being German and they probably couldn’t have picked another Pole etc

1 hour ago, *JJ said:

In which case, what is he doing in the British National League? And why is it OK for Eastbourne to sign a German of British ancestry, but wrong for Birmingham to sign a British citizen of Polish ancestry? No-one has ever explained the last ...

Ethan Spiller does not have German ancestry.

6 hours ago, *JJ said:

Spiller is British, as a British Passport, Birmingham’s Polish Rider has neither  

18 hours ago, Argos said:

Spiller is British, as a British Passport, Birmingham’s Polish Rider has neither  

He told me ~18 months ago that his British passport was coming through that year. No-one has explained exactly what is or has gone on with him.

3 minutes ago, *JJ said:

He told me ~18 months ago that his British passport was coming through that year. No-one has explained exactly what is or has gone on with him.

The problem that has existed throughout is that everyone has constantly been told his passport is coming through, it is in the post, has arrived etc but until it is actually seen and witnessed it does not exist

Matej Ferjan had the same problem.He missed a Poole meeting at Eastbourne,i think because he was waiting for his Hungarian passport to arrive so he could ride in the SWC for Hungary.The man didn't turn up with his passport,so he quickly managed to drive up to Germany to ride in the Bundesliga.I think it took another couple of years before his passport turned up and he rode for Hungary.As different,but similar problem happened with Greg Laguta,who never managed to get his Latvian citizenship and he eventually gave up and returned to the Russian fold....

• Thanks 1

This seems to have been the same problem that has prevented Chris Holder from riding for Poole all season. Reality is that the Home Office has no sense of urgency and doesn't regard Birmingham and Poole Speedways problems as of any importance. As far as the Home Office is concerned, we just have to await their pleasure!!!

3 hours ago, brianbuck said:

This seems to have been the same problem that has prevented Chris Holder from riding for Poole all season. Reality is that the Home Office has no sense of urgency and doesn't regard Birmingham and Poole Speedways problems as of any importance. As far as the Home Office is concerned, we just have to await their pleasure!!!

Not the same problem at all.   I think most people on here probably know why Chris Holder's visa application was rejected.   Nothing to do with any lack of urgency, I think it was rejected quite quickly!

1 hour ago, WalterPlinge said:

Not the same problem at all.   I think most people on here probably know why Chris Holder's visa application was rejected.   Nothing to do with any lack of urgency, I think it was rejected quite quickly!

As I'm one of the uneducated, go on - give us a clue.

10 hours ago, brianbuck said:

As far as the Home Office is concerned, we just have to await their pleasure!!!

Unless you are a Premier league football signing of course!

5 hours ago, mmmmethanol said:

As I'm one of the uneducated, go on - give us a clue.

Second that!