British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A.N.Other

New Fixtures released for Workington Comets

Some new dates in case you haven't seen them on the official Comets website...

Saturday 11th August : Comets v Sheffield

Saturday 18th August : Comets v Ipswich

and a reminder :-

Sunday 5th August : Comets v Scunthorpe

The fixture on Saturday coming, v Newcastle will remain as a KOC meeting and NOT changed to a league meeting.  This is totally outside the control of the management of Workington Speedway.

Cheers

• Like 3

Yeah that would have been a sensible option and hopefully killed two birds with one stone and gave us one less fixture to fit in and less to worry about.

• Like 1

I think we all have a pretty good idea as to why our league fixtures are being "held back" or delayed as much as possible by "outside sources".

But I am not prepared to put that in print (!!),

• Like 5

Just hope we can get enough fixtures in to with a bit of luck achieve enough pts to make the play offs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Just hope we can get enough fixtures in to with a bit of luck achieve enough pts to make the play offs.

We shouldn't need to, nothing decided until "ALL" Championship fixtures have been completed then all this.....skullduggery will have been for nought!! :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

I think we all have a pretty good idea as to why our league fixtures are being "held back" or delayed as much as possible by "outside sources".

But I am not prepared to put that in print (!!),

Interesting reading in the Speedway Star this week about the make up of the league (race nights) and fixtures.

• Like 2

So is there no cut off date to worry about Lord lucan.just that a thought I read somewhere on one these threads there was and it was early September 

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So is there no cut off date to worry about Lord lucan.just that a thought I read somewhere on one these threads there was and it was early September 

Think there was initially .

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

You misunderstood the post BB, there should be no cut off to decide the play off contenders, "ALL" of the fixture's should be completed by every competing team ie, 20 matches before the decision is made on merit?

How can you play for the title when serious contenders could be denied the opportunity to challenge due to missing a set date for getting fixtures in, it doesn't happen in any other play off sport so why does speedway do it? :angry:

Edited by Lord Lucan

29 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

what time is the 11th august meeting 

im in irerland that weekend due to travel back on the sunday

According to the Times n Star it's 7pm v Sheffield on August 11th!! :t:

makes no odds just noticed that's Saturday was thinking 11th was the sunday 

so there will be a small handful not there as a few going Ireland with me are speedway fans also

:cry:

• Sad 1

On 7/27/2018 at 4:54 PM, topaz325 said:

Yes I think it’s early September about the 9th.

BSPA might bring it forward though...