British Speedway Forum
Solidmango

Glasgow v Berwick - Championship 27/7/18 @ 7.30pm

1 hour ago, Endeavour said:

Any word on Nathan? 

Not heard anything would imagine a trip to Hospital after the meeting to get checked over would be on the cards.

Was a horrendous crash though and went into the ambulance on the board.

Good DVD to get then

15 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Good DVD to get then

Without a doubt every heat had something.

7 hours ago, Gazc said:

Not heard anything would imagine a trip to Hospital after the meeting to get checked over would be on the cards.

Nathan was kept in hospital over night for observation but he has escaped without any broken bones, whether he will take his place tonight remains to be seen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, screm said:

Nathan was kept in hospital over night for observation but he has escaped without any broken bones, whether he will take his place tonight remains to be seen.

Yeah just seen that, how is the weather holding up down that way forecast has improved slightly from yesterday's.

Always enjoy the trip to Berwick and if it is half as good as last night that will do for me but I think Berwick should just sneak it tonight.

4 hours ago, screm said:

just seen the photos, awful crash, he's been very lucky.    good luck to him.

• Like 1

Was a really good meeting last night, first time I've been at Ashfield since the redevelopment and I have to say I was impressed Speee could do with a few more facilities like this .The photos show just how alarming the accident looked from my position on the back straight. I'm amazed he's managed to escape with just a minor injuries. In most other sports there'd be no chance of him competing tonight but this is speedway and the guys are a special breed . 

Edited by DSC67
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mark said:

just seen the photos, awful crash, he's been very lucky.    good luck to him.

Having seen the photos of last nights accident I find incredible that Nathan Greaves will be racing at Berwick tonight, but racing he is.:approve:

25 minutes ago, screm said:

Having seen the photos of last nights accident I find incredible that Nathan Greaves will be racing at Berwick tonight, but racing he is.:approve:

Incredible.    Teak tough.

16 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Good DVD to get then

So after a post saying.....

"Not heard anything would imagine a trip to Hospital after the meeting to get checked over would be on the cards.

Was a horrendous crash though and went into the ambulance on the board."

.....you say "Good DVD to get then"

So you think its good to see an horrendous crash inflicting injury to a rider that requires to be taken away to an ambulance?  :sad:

EDIT:
Bandit59 has since answered no and it was just unfortunate that his post was straight after the one it just happened to follow.  All good.  :t:   I've personally never been one for viewing crashes and especially bike crashes, having had bikes myself (not speedway ones) and injuries I hate to see crashes and injured riders and it doesn't matter which team they ride for be it Berwick, Ipswich, Lakeside, anybody, I hate to see crashes and injured riders, that was my concern and good to see Bandit59 clarified it, thanks.

Edited by BigBoaby
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Gazc said:

Fingers crossed for the lad

23 minutes ago, BigBoaby said:

So after a post saying.....

"Not heard anything would imagine a trip to Hospital after the meeting to get checked over would be on the cards.

Was a horrendous crash though and went into the ambulance on the board."

.....you say "Good DVD to get then"

So you think its good to see an horrendous crash inflicting injury to a rider that requires to be taken away to an ambulance?  :sad:

There's always one do you have a selective reading problem ?What about all the comments on the good racing that took place still if that's what you think makes a good DVD thats up to you

49 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

There's always one do you have a selective reading problem ?What about all the comments on the good racing that took place still if that's what you think makes a good DVD thats up to you

Not unusual for a lot on here to read something that was not said, then interpret it what they think you meant.

• Like 1

First time I’ve been to Glasgow at night and WOW.. what a difference! £17 entry which I would pay over and over again if all meetings were of that quality! A meeting and a half and one I will be getting the DVD of! Absolutely gutted to have left with nothing though... turning point for sure was the TS Glasgow had to use! Hope we can pinch the poInts tonight but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Glasgow take them! Their heat 13 & likely 15 riders could do us over again! 

• Like 5