Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn Vs Somerset: TV meeting : Mon 30-07-2018

14 minutes ago, pubichair said:

yet another moan about lynn!!  getting really boring now!

You may find the post boring but it was the truth

Poor meeting - little worthwhile racing/passing

• Like 3

This was the first speedway meeting I've watched (on a naughty stream!) for about 2 years, having been thoroughly put off the sport a while ago by the antics of an egregious character who posts here and posted elsewhere.  Nothing extraordinary, but I enjoyed it well enough, although quite a few heats seemed to be virtually done and dusted from the tapes. Lambert's performance speaks for itself and I thought that Somerset were a bit unfortunate not to get something from the meeting.

I thought it was a good meeting as did the others i was around. Haven't seen it on telly yet but considering its the same old posters moaning ill take the "poor meeting" with a pinch of salt. Glad to send them home pointless!!!!

Wednesday will be the true test away at poole. If we hit 40 then id take that as a good effort. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

All that's required is a solid reserve. Has to be Erik Riss for Garrity.

You've got to think,does Riss actually want to do PL this year;)

6 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

I thought it was a good meeting as did the others i was around. Haven't seen it on telly yet but considering its the same old posters moaning ill take the "poor meeting" with a pinch of salt. Glad to send them home pointless!!!!

Wednesday will be the true test away at poole. If we hit 40 then id take that as a good effort. 

The crowd looked woeful tonight.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Buttons said:

Bad luck Rebs, Fricke or anyone never going to replace Doyle, if Lawson had come to the races Somerset  would have got a point

Maybe so re Doyle,but on the flip side what could we have done with Kerr in the side think you could safely say he would have doubled what both reserves got together.

• Like 1

Good win tonight bearing in mind what our reserves scored. Now realising more than ever, how much we will miss Kerr. According to Buster, Garrity and Andersen will be back after Wednesday's meeting with Poole.

Not sure if that's a good thing or not??

29 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

It’s always a better meeting when your team win. Neutral entertainment, it was awful. 

• Like 2

Clearly didn't come across well on TV. For those of us at the track it was a good match, close score, close racing, a few passes and the rebels went home pointless. 

Stars certainly need to look at reserve positions,  not sure I'd persevere with Newman at reserve on Wednesday. Awful tonight. Managed to make Lambert (s) look good. 

Could do with MPT back at reserve, so if that means replacing garrity then so be it....

Every Monday night, speedway dies another death.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

The crowd looked woeful tonight.

£18 a go 3 home meetings in 8 days and the 3rd meeting live on BT was it hardly surprising? 

Buster has a great opportunity for Kings Lynn to make a real fist of the play-offs.  One signing could  turn an ok season into a great one.  Will he be able to get his hands deep enough into his pockets to make it happen.?

Think history teaches us many things so I won’t hold my breath

Edited by semion
  • Like 3

When you consider how much work is involved when changing the fences from Speedway to Stock-Car,  I imagine it would take some considerable time and effort.  My issue here is that if they are prepared to go to that extent everytime,   why not change the shale as well.   We are all of the understanding that the shale used is crap,  and the speedway suffers  and does nothing in creating good racing.    Forgetting Belle Vue,   I believe  the AFA is way better than anywhere else in the country ,  in staging the sport,  but constantly being rubbished by the racing it dishes up, and that's a shame.  

No, last night wasn't anything special,  it was the score that kept it interesting rather than the racing.    For the first time for ages the meeting flowed quite quickly and easily finished by 9.30.  Amazing what can be achieved when the cameras are there.    It was nice to get the win but once again it showed how weak our reserves are.   Robert  gifted Simon with 3 out of his 4 points and that was the total are reserves managed to score all night.   The Rebels reserves are worth a mention they were tremendous, out scoring some their more accomplished teammates,  it shows there are some good riders out there  if we look hard enough...    

Very impressed with young Jake Allen,   yet another young talented rider... 

Edited by g13webb

3 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Forgetting Belle Vue,   I believe  the AFA is way better than anywhere else in the country ,  in staging the sport,  but constantly being rubbished by the racing it dishes up, and that's a shame.  

It certainly is and is the main reason that is driving me away.

4 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Robert  gifted Simon with 3 out of his 4 points and that was the total are reserves managed to score all night.  

Unless the reserves are changed or improved ASAP. the forward thrust of the team recently will be lost. NKI may or may not recover his form / fitness but he has always been consistent in recent years and is not at the moment. Coupled with poor reserves that is a big hole in team's scoring power.

37 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Unless the reserves are changed or improved ASAP. the forward thrust of the team recently will be lost. NKI may or may not recover his form / fitness but he has always been consistent in recent years and is not at the moment. Coupled with poor reserves that is a big hole in team's scoring power.

The reserves will be changed, but it'll be Garrity and Andersen coming back in.