British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn Vs Somerset: TV meeting : Mon 30-07-2018

3 minutes ago, mrss said:

Hot laps never happen now and are never mentioned.

Typical! Something that's adds entertainment value and interest for fans and it's stopped. Now I wonder why, did other promoters not like the idea so got it stopped, did the riders want paying extra for it or did it interfere with Busters tractor driving? 

I doubt we will ever know.

25 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Got a bit annoyed at Pearson saying Woffy taught him how cos I remember Robert team riding quite often and have hardly been to Lynn for three years.

Exactly, Robert was even team riding when with the Young Stars, always plays his part for the team and that's why he's club captain. 

I don't think Pearson can't go a single league meeting on BT without mentioning Woffinden.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Star Lady said:

Typical! Something that's adds entertainment value and interest for fans and it's stopped. Now I wonder why, did other promoters not like the idea so got it stopped, did the riders want paying extra for it or did it interfere with Busters tractor driving? 

I doubt we will ever know.

It didn't add anything. Once done a few times it's very very boring. Nothing beats all the bikes on the track at the same time during parade.

How about having the both teams reserves start from the tapes. 5 meters back are the No2 & 4's. Another 5 meters back are the No'3 and 5's. 2 meters behind them are the No'1. 

That'll be entertainment 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After I praised the racing and the amount of overtaking against Poole it’s only right that I acknowledge the racing last night was rubbish. One thing I will add I don’t know if it’s because we are on a good run but I suspect more that we have now had a regular run of meetings the atmosphere last night was the best I’ve known for a few years.

36 minutes ago, Trees said:

Why? :D

Why is it a state secret? I was just curious as Hot Laps was the next big thing - great idea as an added attraction but I guess there is reasons- your reaction is quite strange maybe a little embarrassed that it’s been scrapped? 

Compare that to zielona Gora vs Leszno shown on free sports no contest Polish league any day! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I see that Daniel has had a reply from Dale on Twitter regarding Riss, unfortunately he can't be bothered to travel down from Edinburgh to race in the Premiership

I understand that was the same with him joining Somerset when Wright left... We had no hope if he wouldnt even go to Norfolk :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

Compare that to zielona Gora vs Leszno shown on free sports no contest Polish league any day! 

I didn't watch the Lynn vs. Somerset meeting, but the ZG Leszno meeting on Sunday was out of this world. Top speedway.

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Did you see the Swindon match last week?

Apparently it was not great at Swindon last night ............ match report states just ONE overtake all night!!

It's not just KL............ although some would have you believe otherwise!

Still believe that a great deal (not necessarily all) is down to fans perception of what they think they remember from years gone by ............... they always remember the good/outstanding races/matches but NEVER recollect the countless bad ones they've seen in the past....................... I know for sure that I've been to a great deal of very "dull" meetings at very many tracks (many now sadly defunct) since the early 70's.

So for those who "believe" that every race was an absolute blinder in years gone by .................. I'm sorry to advise that your memory is either failing or being selective.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

It didn't add anything. Once done a few times it's very very boring. Nothing beats all the bikes on the track at the same time during parade.

How about having the both teams reserves start from the tapes. 5 meters back are the No2 & 4's. Another 5 meters back are the No'3 and 5's. 2 meters behind them are the No'1. 

That'll be entertainment 

That would be carnage wouldn't it?That's if i'm reading what your saying correctly.

Guest GiveusaB

Would've been a bit more exciting if Robert Lambert 'hadn't' improved so much on his gating ! :D

I find it surprising that Riss is not interested in riding in the premiership. Unless he has other commitments abroad surely a young rider would/should jump at the opportunity. 

3 hours ago, Najjer said:

I understand that was the same with him joining Somerset when Wright left... We had no hope if he wouldnt even go to Norfolk :rolleyes:

At least you have a motorway going past your track though rather than the A17 and country lanes :D

4 hours ago, Haza said:

Why is it a state secret? I was just curious as Hot Laps was the next big thing - great idea as an added attraction but I guess there is reasons- your reaction is quite strange maybe a little embarrassed that it’s been scrapped? 

You know why I am asking what you want to know for Haza!! It doesn't make a rubbishs worth of difference to you whether it's happening or not! 

For your information, they HAD to be scrapped by ruling from the SCB I believe. Shame.