British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn Vs Somerset: TV meeting : Mon 30-07-2018

Just caught up with this meeting and that’s the third meeting in a row that has been diabolical viewing. BT need to get themselves down to Wimborne Road so we can stop the rot.

• Haha 5

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Just caught up with this meeting and that’s the third meeting in a row that has been diabolical viewing. BT need to get themselves down to Wimborne Road so we can stop the rot.

hilarious.

• Like 3

Seems Riss has gone to Bellvue!

1 minute ago, LesR said:

That's Mark not Eric!

1 minute ago, The Stag said:

That's Mark not Eric!

My mistake...

7 minutes ago, LesR said:

BELLE VUE :rofl:

1 hour ago, Trees said:

You know why I am asking what you want to know for Haza!! It doesn't make a rubbishs worth of difference to you whether it's happening or not! 

For your information, they HAD to be scrapped by ruling from the SCB I believe. Shame. 

Really don’t no why you say that - the one thing we all want is the club to be successful including me believe it or not - hot laps was an extra attraction though as I’ve previously said I could see problems with it payment to riders being one , just seems strange how it been swept under the carpet by the club and only asking a question seems to have brought it to light it’s been scrapped - will agree it’s a shame but needed to be run at all clubs and open to all riders from both teams . 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Be fair Haza there were four splendid laps of team riding by Robert Lambert, doubt his namesake would have got a point in that race without it. Got a bit annoyed at Pearson saying Woffy taught him how cos I remember Robert team riding quite often and have hardly been to Lynn for three years.

Apart from that I agree with you. Not sure how much it is to get in nowadays but must be £3 an overtake at least.

That would be when Robert jumped the start, and ferried his namesake around after getting to the first corner one bike length ahead of the Rebs two worst riders. I’m a Lambert fan btw. There was a bit of talk that he may have come to us pre season.

Edited by Cliffeboy

Doesn’t want to travel from Edinburgh to ride in the Premier?  He’s taking the Riss, surely

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, therefused said:

Pay him enough and he would come 

I've still got about 3 Deutschmark at home,would that be enough to entice him down:D

10 hours ago, therefused said:

Pay him enough and he would come 

Good on the clubs for not bowing to his demands. Too many riders are greedy nowadays and clubs have to be strict on what they spend. You only have to look at Rye House and the shambles they made of over paying riders.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2018 at 1:56 PM, DizzAssStar said:

Apparently it was not great at Swindon last night ............ match report states just ONE overtake all night!!

It's not just KL............ although some would have you believe otherwise!

Still believe that a great deal (not necessarily all) is down to fans perception of what they think they remember from years gone by ............... they always remember the good/outstanding races/matches but NEVER recollect the countless bad ones they've seen in the past....................... I know for sure that I've been to a great deal of very "dull" meetings at very many tracks (many now sadly defunct) since the early 70's.

So for those who "believe" that every race was an absolute blinder in years gone by .................. I'm sorry to advise that your memory is either failing or being selective.  

Spot on with that post.Iv'e watched quite a few matches on YouTube from 70s and 80s,even though I attended quite a few back then at Saddlebow road.And the racing is pretty much the same.Some strung out after the first bend,some close ones but hardly any  overtakes watched a video at home to Ipswich 1979,one overtake of note in HT one.So all in all think the racing is pretty similar,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Spot on with that post.Iv'e watched quite a few matches on YouTube from 70s and 80s,even though I attended quite a few back then at Saddlebow road.And the racing is pretty much the same.Some strung out after the first bend,some close ones but hardly any  overtakes watched a video at home to Ipswich 1979,one overtake of note in HT one.So all in all think the racing is pretty similar,

I don't disagree that there were some dire matches in the "olden days". However there was almost always extra races, either 2nd halves, Golden Helmet races, junior matches. Quite often 2 of the above and very occasionally if you were lucky, you got all three. So even if there wasn't loads of overtaking the perception was better value for money.

15 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I don't disagree that there were some dire matches in the "olden days". However there was almost always extra races, either 2nd halves, Golden Helmet races, junior matches. Quite often 2 of the above and very occasionally if you were lucky, you got all three. So even if there wasn't loads of overtaking the perception was better value for money.

I don't disagree neither about all the extras you got back then.But most people put on here about the racing being crap,when it was pretty much the same back in the good old days.Only difference was it being better attended.

• Like 1