British Speedway Forum
A ORLOV

Swindon - Wolves 30.7.18

Not a bad night and well done to the Swindon management for producing a pretty good track tonight.That is the best the track has looked for quite a while  there was some very interesting racing tonight.Batch was very good  Zach rode very well rode some great lines and is improving  fast  and for the Wolves Thorssell was always in the mix he fought very hard as did Howarth and Tom Bacon i was very impressed with him tonight.

Well done Swindon, back top. Great work Zacho.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thecoombdog said:

Bacon was very impressive. 

He brought it home.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Bacon was very impressive. 

Yes, Wolves ‘Rinder of the night’? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To  carry on the puns ...Cameron was a heep of rubbishe 

Decent performance from Swindon in the end, despite some poor decisions from the ref for bringing back starts or the middle order just riding through the tapes anyway. Result should have been decided much earlier than it was.

Surprised to see anyone saying that the racing was good. Shows just how bad last week was. Just because there was a bit less dust this week, the track hasn’t suddenly become good. There was a couple of good opening laps tonight, but aside from Tobias nearly getting past Howarth and Nick ploughing into the back of Morris, there was 0 action past the first lap. Even the quickest riders of night didn’t look like they’d have a hope in hell of making a pass from the back.

It seems like it doesn’t matter where the boys try and put the bike, they can’t generate the speed to get close enough to make a pass at all. All you have to do at the moment is get round the first and second bend quicker than someone else and then ride mid track and not make any mistakes at all, that’s your points sewn up.

As I’ve implied before, it’s going to take a lot more than some new shale and a bit of water to make the track good in any way again.

• Like 2

RR Swindon Rider Report v Wolverhampton 

Morris - Not the same rider we saw in 2017. 3 bad falls in last 2 home meetings, not gating & seems low on confidence or carrying a injury. 

Bellego - First 2 rides (Bellego of early 2017) Second 2 rides (Bellego of late 2017/2018)

Ellis - Lost out to impressive duo Howarth & Masters, back to his best in last 2 rides. 

Musielak - Such a classy performer. Always looking to pass.

Batchelor - Business as usual, been Robins top performer most meetings home and away.

Zach - Does not get enough plaudits or press like Bewley. Can trap with the best of them.

Smith - Was on the pace all meeting, beat the dreadful heeps.

9 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

'History shows' that wolves went to Swindon without their top two and won by 4 before the choke of the millennium (AGAIN, ha ha) a few days later, lol!

One match in many. Care to quote the rest that back my factual point? Thought not. 

No surprise at the result. Changes needed if we are to hang on to a top 4 spot.

2 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

One match in many. Care to quote the rest that back my factual point? Thought not. 

You need Freddie Lindgren and a good reserve to have any chance of a top 4 spot. 

56 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

You're not in the top 4, you're in the bottom 3 though:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Speedy swindon pete said:

Decent performance from Swindon in the end, despite some poor decisions from the ref for bringing back starts or the middle order just riding through the tapes anyway. Result should have been decided much earlier than it was.

Surprised to see anyone saying that the racing was good. Shows just how bad last week was. Just because there was a bit less dust this week, the track hasn’t suddenly become good. There was a couple of good opening laps tonight, but aside from Tobias nearly getting past Howarth and Nick ploughing into the back of Morris, there was 0 action past the first lap. Even the quickest riders of night didn’t look like they’d have a hope in hell of making a pass from the back.

It seems like it doesn’t matter where the boys try and put the bike, they can’t generate the speed to get close enough to make a pass at all. All you have to do at the moment is get round the first and second bend quicker than someone else and then ride mid track and not make any mistakes at all, that’s your points sewn up.

As I’ve implied before, it’s going to take a lot more than some new shale and a bit of water to make the track good in any way again.

Well speedy i certainly have seen a lot worse than that last night  in the last three years but what you say is not just happening at Swindon it is generally happening at a lot of places.Apart from Somerset and the awesome Belle Vue in the Premiership most of the racing is pretty average are the bikes to quick now i think so.

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Well speedy i certainly have seen a lot worse than that last night  in the last three years but what you say is not just happening at Swindon it is generally happening at a lot of places.Apart from Somerset and the awesome Belle Vue in the Premiership most of the racing is pretty average are the bikes to quick now i think so.

I personally didn't think it was that great last night but as you say we have seen worse over the last few years. The races where Howarth and Masters got 5-1's weren't bad as Batch and Tobi were all over them but just couldn't pass. BUT, I took some family who were over from Ireland and they loved it. They can't wait to go again next time they are over. Obviously they won't be regulars but it was interesting enough that they had a great night out.

• Like 2