British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem B. 1st August 2018

He’s not a fan of the Poole track either.....Sour grapes or was it bad? Was the crash bc of the track? Genuine question & not trying to bait anyone. 

Lambert hasn’t been too kind either. Picture included for anyone on Twitter.

Fukin fuming.. i just have to say, i been to Poole 3x this season and the track is disgraceful. No excuse for my rubbish riding but holy rubbish what happend to the Good old Poole. ?

Edited by hyabb17

4 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

He’s not a fan of the Poole track either.....Sour grapes or was it bad? Was the crash bc of the track? Genuine question & not trying to bait anyone. 

Fukin fuming.. i just have to say, i been to Poole 3x this season and the track is disgraceful. No excuse for my rubbish riding but holy rubbish what happend to the Good old Poole. ?

Whinging little girl. The track started off rubbish this season but it's looking really good now.

12 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Lambert hasn’t been too kind either. Picture included for anyone on Twitter.

Track was bloody brilliant tonight. Best it has been for years and the Poole riders said it was perfect for them and just how they want it. If anyone is critical of the Poole track they must either be trying to make excuses for a crap Kings Lynn Performance, or couldn’t have been there.

it looked great before the meeting and rode fast and smooth. Plenty of passing from the start to the end. 

• Like 1

The way the King's Lynn riders are conducting themselves on Twitter tonight is very very embarrassing. Very unsportsmanlike behaviour. The grapes are very sour tonight.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Track was bloody brilliant tonight. Best it has been for years and the Poole riders said it was perfect for them and just how they want it. If anyone is critical of the Poole track they must either be trying to make excuses for a crap Kings Lynn Performance, or couldn’t have been there.

it looked great before the meeting and rode fast and smooth. Plenty of passing from the start to the end. 

Pictures on Robert Lamberts' Twitter says otherwise, but your the expert:blink:

Lambert coming across as a total tool, the track was perfect as clearly stated by Brady after the meeting. By all accounts the tractor has had a major issue after the meeting during grading resulting in the oil spill, One of those things that can't be helped.

• Like 4

Usual crap track from Poole then... not sure why anyone is surprised its always s**t... and to think some had the cheek to have a go at Swindon 

Well I didn’t expect that! I expected Kings Lynn to come out with all guns blazing. What we got was a team demolished in the first three heats and going backwards from there!

Poole could have had 65 points tonight but for Harris’s fall when going for the lead, and Middlo resting Brady in heat 15 allowing Lambert a heat win.

The difference between the teams was vast. Kings Lynn had no answer.

A very big crowd tonight cheered on the team. Like Brady said after the meeting, Poole are back!

There was some stonking racing as well throughout the meeting. Heat 7 saw Woryna fly around the outside but Harris was at the back. He almost got to the front when he lifted (not sure what he clipped) and came tumbling down leaving Proctor nowhere to go. A nasty crash but both got up. In the next heat Newman gated but was picked off over the race by the two Pirates.

Pirates remain third but niw only a point behind Swindon with two home meetings in hand.

for Poole.

Brady was untouchable tonight. 10/10

Josh battled all night. Solid. 7/10

Nicolai did his usual win by a mile or tailed off. 6/10

Richie was excellent. Fast and aggressive. 9/10

Harris battled all night but the crash affected him. 7/10

Kacsper was superb. Fast and only dropped one point. Showing his potential.  9/10

Freddie is pure class. Excellent passing. Again only dropped one point. 9/10

For Lynn.

Lambert battled but found it tough. 7/10

Toft didn’t do much. 3/10

Proctor ran a last in his first before a crash. Unfortunate. Can’t give a score.

Jorgensen was pretty rubbish. Expected much more. 2/10

Iversen started well but then went awol. 3/10

Simon Lambert was out of his depth. Gifted his points. 1/10

Newman battled all night but was picked off. No lack of effort though. 4/10

Next up is Leicester at home next Thursday.

Happy Days!

16 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

The way the King's Lynn riders are conducting themselves on Twitter tonight is very very embarrassing. Very unsportsmanlike behaviour. The grapes are very sour tonight.

Track was absolutely brilliant tonight. Smooth and fast, no dust, loads of racing lines. Poole riders said it was perfect. Have to agree.

5 minutes ago, simon.c said:

Lambert coming across as a total tool, the track was perfect as clearly stated by Brady after the meeting. By all accounts the tractor has had a major issue after the meeting during grading resulting in the oil spill, One of those things that can't be helped.

Why was track being graded after the meeting had finished???

Just now, The Stag said:

Why was track being graded after the meeting had finished???

It's common practice to grade a track once a meeting has finished.

• Like 1