British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem B. 1st August 2018

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/manage-waste-on-land-guidance-for-land-managers

"Keep hazardous waste to a minimum. Mixing hazardous waste with non-hazardous waste is illegal unless you have a permit covering this."

Does Poole have the correct Environmental Permit to mix oil with shale, it is illegal to do so.

50 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He’s just trying to deflect from his teams truly abysmal performance.

Shame you don't have twitter Steve, could have a debate with him right now! :D

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

So, Lambert's tweet is accurate. Surely he deserves an apology from the Poole fans. He's right, it's a disgrace and illegal to contaminate any grounds with oil.

His comments are clearly not about the racing on the track but rider's having to use oil catchers.

OMG. That’s a disgrace

2 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

OMG. That’s a disgrace

Done after the meeting Steve, not during it. Clearly you all read what you want to read into it.. which is no suprise on here.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Lambert?? Good. He's comments are disgraceful. Maybe he could get a trophy awarded for s*** stirring.

Although...

Rob VDS @Robinvds70 4m4 minutes ago

More

• Copy link to Tweet
  • Embed Tweet
  • Mute @Robinvds70
  • Unmute @Robinvds70
  • Block @Robinvds70
  • Unblock @Robinvds70
  • Report Tweet
  • I don't like this Tweet
  •  
  • Add to other Moment
  • Add to new Moment
Replying to @Bilstonian @em1500uk and2 others

Middlo has stated it's too bind the shale apparently

Maybe you should go back and re-read what Lambert wrote.Read it very slowly so it sinks in.I told SS to do the same but he is to childish to admit he read it wrong,along with a few other Poole fans.SS is to busy putting other childish comments on here in the mean time.

I could understand people having a pop at NKI,but at Lambert I'm afraid people have got the wrong end of the stick as usual.

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Shame you don't have twitter Steve, could have a debate with him right now! :D

What's to debate. People watched a container of waste oil being tipped on to the track. It is illegal to do without an environmental permit. Do Poole Speedway have the correct permit to tip waste oil to mix with shale??

Poole have admitted it WASN'T a tractor leak and TIPPED ON to bind shale.

Again, illegal without a permit.

Edited by Daniel Smith

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

What's to debate. People watched a container of waste oil being tipped on to the track. It is illegal to do without an environmental permit. Do Poole Speedway have the correct permit to tip waste oil to mix with shale??

Ask Matt Ford, but guess you are not man enough to do that. It's alright you and Lambert mouthing off online but are you going to talk to the people concerned? HMM?

5 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Maybe you should go back and re-read what Lambert wrote.Read it very slowly so it sinks in.I told SS to do the same but he is to childish to admit he read it wrong,along with a few other Poole fans.SS is to busy putting other childish comments on here in the mean time.

I could understand people having a pop at NKI,but at Lambert I'm afraid people have got the wrong end of the stick as usual.

I've read it and said what I think about it to him on twitter, but everyone assumed he was talking about during the meeting and I feel like he could have been more clearer cos most people didn't think he meant it was after the meeting until fans who were at the meeting corrected them!

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Ask Matt Ford, but guess you are not man enough to do that. It's alright you and Lambert mouthing off online but are you going to talk to the people concerned? HMM?

Everyone agrees that is does help with track preparation.  And it is not allowed anymore. If it was everyone would be doing it openly.  You certainly hear stories of waste oil barrels being knocked over while transported across the track and unfortunately rolling while being recovered, but most are subtle enough not to it in front of a crowd!

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I've read it and said what I think about it to him on twitter, but everyone assumed he was talking about during the meeting and I feel like he could have been more clearer cos most people didn't think he meant it was after the meeting until fans who were at the meeting corrected them!

I was always taught never to assume;)

To all those Poole fans that were saying it was an accident,they must now call Middleditch a liar as he said they do it to bind the shale.C'mon SS,Burntfaceman get on Twitter and tell him he's wrong it was just an accident:lol:

Oilgate hey.  Great win by Poole be a total shame if the fans are robbed of 3 points because of the actions of a track grader.   Still if the points are deducted won’t really matter in the swing of things.

Poole’s title there for the taking unless they do their usual Albert Pierrepoint impression when it really counts.

Watch this space

Sure was a night to forget.   We were all aware of our weak reserves, and the last thing you what is for other riders to pull out from the meeting, giving them extra rides.    In total they had 10 rides and never beat an opponent.   We, in effect,  started off the meeting with only 5 riders, once Proctor and Jorgensen pulled out we were then reduced to 3 ,  and some of those  struggled to impress. 

I'm just pleased this wasn't a true reflection of the Stars team, on a day when everything went against them.     I expected them to lose,   but this was an embarrassing result......

• Like 1

Lynn got stuffed - expected

There was oil on the track - not expected

Shovlar is gloating - expected

Situation normal.

If only speedway racing was this exciting:P

BTW best wishes to all riders injured last night.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Star Lady said:

Lynn got stuffed - expected

There was oil on the track - not expected

Shovlar is gloating - expected

Situation normal.

If only speedway racing was this exciting:P

BTW best wishes to all riders injured last night.

There was no oil on the track during the meeting.

And the track was in great shape last night.

RC010818sPiratesKingsLynn028.jpg.gallery.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, semion said:

Oilgate hey.  Great win by Poole be a total shame if the fans are robbed of 3 points because of the actions of a track grader.   Still if the points are deducted won’t really matter in the swing of things.

Poole’s title there for the taking unless they do their usual Albert Pierrepoint impression when it really counts.

Watch this space

What did the track grader do?

4 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

There was no oil on the track during the meeting.

and at NO POINT did I or more importantly Robert Lambert say there was. 

I can only assume people speed read his tweet, which I don't recommend:D