British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem B. 1st August 2018

If oil has been used to bind the shale on a regular basis, not during a match, it is still an environmental offence and I hope a large fine ( rather than points deducted ) is the deserved punishment. To put oil on the track after a match in front of supporters shows a total disregard for them and is a further display by a promoter that they feel they can "do as they want".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

and at NO POINT did I or more importantly Robert Lambert say there was. 

I can only assume people speed read his tweet, which I don't recommend:D

You said:

"Lynn got stuffed - expected

There was oil on the track - not expected"

The way you wrote your comment implied that both events happened during the same time frame. They even go as far as to imply that Lynn's stuffing (and boy was it a stuffing) may have been related. Perhaps people who spend too long in King's Lynn struggle with tweets and posts! Especially our little boy Robby last night who rather than pointing out an issue (that I think we've since determined isn't even against the rules) decided to libel Poole Speedway whilst also removing context from the fans. Context is very important, especially when you've just had your backside spanked, your number 1 has gone crying in public about the track, and then you post a picture condemning an oily track. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

If oil has been used to bind the shale on a regular basis, not during a match, it is still an environmental offence and I hope a large fine ( rather than points deducted ) is the deserved punishment. To put oil on the track after a match in front of supporters shows a total disregard for them and is a further display by a promoter that they feel they can "do as they want".

How is it an environmental offence? It is their track... They can do as they please.

It might go against the recommended guidelines but it's not against the law to use an oil as a binder.

Edited by BurntFaceMan

wether it was before the meeting, during the meeting or after is irrelevant. Poole trying to pull a fast one, at the same time pulling the wool over all the Poole fans in the process.

if Swindon done this shovlar would be on his soapbox bleating.

Had enough of this forum now, what a mess it has become 

8 minutes ago, therefused said:

wether it was before the meeting, during the meeting or after is irrelevant. Poole trying to pull a fast one, at the same time pulling the wool over all the Poole fans in the process.

What fast one are Poole trying to pull?

• Like 2

Apparently Wolves and Somerset put oil on their track too? Also it's the pits you are not allowed to spill it on not track? It's what is being said on Twitter

Here is a link to the Echo, where there a load of photos (99) from last nights meeting, including the Harris crash.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/16392293.chris-harris-walks-away-from-horror-crash-as-in-form-pirates-thrash-kings-lynn/

Very disappointed with NKI and Roberts comments. They were beaten fair and square on a superbly prepared race surface. Some excellent racing, despite the score.  Certainly more entertaining than last week! 

Nothing wrong with the oil, just maybe could have been more subtle about it. There is not a single track in the country that hasnt or still does it. Most tracks pour some oil into the water bowser and then it gets spread more evenly. Nothing to see here.

Edited by BobC
  • Like 3

Oh yeah I forgot it’s ok to pour oil on the track when no one can see it happening 

Edited by therefused
  • Like 1

Love them or hate them Poole are setting the benchmark at the moment and last night we fell an alarmingly long way short. Even with the first choice reserves back next week this team looks a signing or two short of the required standard due to the patchy form of key riders.  One doubts whether the resources and will to change things is there unfortunately.

As for the comments of Lambert and Puk,  both are entitled to their say and neither we're anything to do with sour grapes or sore losing but it's another example of how most people on Twitter are thick and don't actually read and understand what is written but just pile in with stupid comments. Robert's comments weren't even about the quality of the racing surface.

Anyway time to regroup for two tough matches against the Aces next week.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Done after the meeting Steve, not during it. Clearly you all read what you want to read into it.. which is no suprise on here.

I saw the twitter picture and commented accordingly. I had no idea when the oil was put on the track as the tweet appeared to indicate it was during the meeting so a bit naughty if Robert made out it was.

still, the environmental issue needs clearing up however. Can’t say I’ve even seen oil being poured onto a track so a surprising bit of info all the same.

8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

What's to debate. People watched a container of waste oil being tipped on to the track. It is illegal to do without an environmental permit. Do Poole Speedway have the correct permit to tip waste oil to mix with shale??

Poole have admitted it WASN'T a tractor leak and TIPPED ON to bind shale.

Again, illegal without a permit.

What was the score last night on a well prepared excellent racing curcuit?

7 hours ago, tellboy said:

I was always taught never to assume;)

To all those Poole fans that were saying it was an accident,they must now call Middleditch a liar as he said they do it to bind the shale.C'mon SS,Burntfaceman get on Twitter and tell him he's wrong it was just an accident:lol:

What was the score last night on a well prepared excellent racing curcuit?

1 hour ago, therefused said:

What “fast one” are Poole pulling?  If every other club poured oil on their track after a meeting I wouldn’t give two hoots. Not interested. Only interested in what happened during the meeting. Never seen so many Lynn fans running around like headless chickens after their team got stuffed out of sight looking for any excuse and clutching at straws. Hilarious stuff! It was bootiful!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

Harris  / Proctor crash from Daily Echo. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

They are upset their team folded like a cheap deck of cards and are making up any excuse to cover their inadequacies. The fact that the track was superb tonight doesn’t fit with their frustration.

That’s uncalled for - but not unexpected now your team are winning - the cockiness has returned :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BurntFaceMan said:

How is it an environmental offence? It is their track... They can do as they please.

It might go against the recommended guidelines but it's not against the law to use an oil as a binder.

Unbelievable statement.  It might be "their" track ie Poole....but they cannot do as they please. Why do you think riders have to have an oil catcher?  Because dropped oil is not good for the environment. Oil was poured on the track (an "accident" is no defence) so its an offence. Environment Agency should be involved in this, and if oiling the track to bind the shale is being done regularly then expect a heavy fine.

Next thing is it will be said "oil helps keep the dust down".

• Thanks 1

It certainly used to be the case that no oil was allowed to be dropped on the ground anywhere, not just the pits.  I see no reason for this to have changed.