British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem B. 1st August 2018

It's staggering that people think riders shouldn't have opinions like his, and if they do its automatically sour grapes / being a sore loser. His point was why as a rider should he have to go to all the time and expense to not spill oil when club officials can seemingly chuck as much around as they like.

• Like 1

Prepared to get shot down here but I was there on Wednesday as usual,  was some good racing if as Ray c says he saw it poured on which I have not seen before then it is out of order  I have said before I go to watch two teams race hoping mine wins but not at all costs im afraid  although seeing some riders putting in more effort now is pleasing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

At the end of the day what ever people are saying about the oil on the track it was not a accident. It was poured on .we sit in the grandstand and watched tbe guy do it and we have never seen it done before. The only other thing i will say is robert lambert went about it all wrong by putting it on social media .i dont think he done is self any favours by doing that .

WHEN did he do it? During or after the meeting?

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lambert and Iversen both came accross as very sore losers. Iversen moaning about the track was farcical when it was there to see how good it was. It’s like he had his lines worked out before arriving at the stadium and forgot to alter them afterwards.

Tried to back track after a nights sleep but too little too late. 

You are either on a wind up or being extremely obtuse. Niels has ridden in the UK for fifteen plus years and will have ridden Poole dozens of times, his views on the state of tracks in general not just WR should be listened to and not fobbed off as sour grapes which is nonsense. And he wasn't backtracking at all, just clarifying his comments.

Unfortunately you are the same as many Poole fans in that you only care what happens at your track and to hell with the sport in the rest of the country, as long as you are winning all is good. And if anyone says anything critical it is swept under the carpet as meaningless and sour graoes. Fortunately those of us without our heads in the sand can see the bigger picture.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHEN did he do it? During or after the meeting?

It was done after heat 15 just before they were preparing to carry out the post meeting track grading. It has now been rectified by a professionally qualified company and apparently any potential damage to the environment has been contained. What this incident does highlight is, that any person responsible for any element of speedway racing that could have a Safety or Environmental impact should be trained to a standard and then appropriately licenced by a body that is totally independent of the BSPA.

I can’t see it happening under the current hierarchical structure that purports to be in control of, and managing speedway but, that is what needs to happen. In the meantime speedway will continue down a slippery slope (excuse the pun) until it is extinct!!!!

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Nothing to do with a winning run. Time and time again Fraud and most of their supporters live in a Poole win and can do what they like at all costs world..

Lisa... Was there oil poured over the track after the meeting as quoted by attending Poole fans ??  Whats your view ??

I've seen the photo, I am taking everyone's word it was deliberate.

Did Some Poole fans  ,SS the leader rubbish Lambos tweet without reading it properly ??? Asking for action of some sort... Whats your view ??

My view isn't about the oil as such more about how RL went about it on Twitter but I took part in a 'discussion' with him about it, so he knows what I think. I just think he could have stated it was after the meeting, as most people on twitter assumed it was during and attending fans had to correct them on it.

Have you read the tweet as if it was a Poole rider tweeting at Lynn ??  Would you have the same opinion ?

Yes, they would be more beneficial going to the home clubs management or SCB officials to report it. I would still say it if Nic Klindt said it about KL.  

31 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

You are either on a wind up or being extremely obtuse. Niels has ridden in the UK for fifteen plus years and will have ridden Poole dozens of times, his views on the state of tracks in general not just WR should be listened to and not fobbed off as sour grapes which is nonsense. And he wasn't backtracking at all, just clarifying his comments.

Unfortunately you are the same as many Poole fans in that you only care what happens at your track and to hell with the sport in the rest of the country, as long as you are winning all is good. And if anyone says anything critical it is swept under the carpet as meaningless and sour graoes. Fortunately those of us without our heads in the sand can see the bigger picture.

Take your blinkers off. You were not there. 

The track was in excellent shape. Highly praised by the Poole riders during and after the meeting at the press conference. Having seen the Poole track at the start of the season before it was relaid, there’s no comparison. It’s been getting better every week. Was very good last week and even better on Wednesday. Fast, smooth, lots of passing, no dust at all. Great track prep. Big well done to the track staff for giving us a proper racing strip that allows plenty of passing. 

The Poole track has always been a great race strip. Wasn’t so great last season and at the start of this but with the relay and new shale has come together to give us fans a treat.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Take your blinkers off. You were not there. 

The track was in excellent shape. Highly praised by the Poole riders during and after the meeting at the press conference. Having seen the Poole track at the start of the season before it was relaid, there’s no comparison. It’s been getting better every week. Was very good last week and even better on Wednesday. Fast, smooth, lots of passing, no dust at all. Great track prep. Big well done to the track staff for giving us a proper racing strip that allows plenty of passing. 

The Poole track has always been a great race strip. Wasn’t so great last season and at the start of this but with the relay and new shale has come together to give us fans a treat.

This years heat times reflect what SS is saying. Last year most heat times were circa 61 seconds, this year they are down to circa 59. And, that is also accounting for much warmer ambient temperatures which have an adverse effect on engine performance. So in summary, the figures point to a much better track.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Most poole supporters are decent people like yourself it becomes quite embarrassing by some poole supporters agree about niels he has been racing speedway a long time and is entitled to his opinion :t:

• Like 1

I like the fact that Poole fans, especially Shovlar think I'm bitter with defeat :D 

I'm not very complimentary of King's Lynn this year, to spell it out, the racing at King's Lynn is s#!+e, the owner I have no confidence in and only Lambert and Proctor are the only 2 rider's I like in the team. I'd personally drop all the Dane's.

So, I'm not one of those blinkered fans Shovlar talks about. 

Poole deserved the win, we deserved the thrashing, Poole should top the table and win the Play-Offs at a canter. I have no problem with Poole's team changes etc etc which I've defended Poole for. This season Poole have done thing's the right way and deserve every success this season.

BUT

It's absolutely disgraceful to think that using waste oil and contaminate the environment for binding shale. I've never heard of it done before and I'd certainly be on the case of every other club that does.

There is tonnes of evidence that this was done on purpose and it should not be allowed to be swept under the carpet.

With a water table, Poole Speedway are contaminating the water, it's disgusting and should be flagged up, and the statement from Poole Speedway regarding the clean up is frankly embarrassing. 

They were caught red handed, have no permit to use waste oil, should absolutely be fined accordingly. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Aviator said:

This years heat times reflect what SS is saying. Last year most heat times were circa 61 seconds, this year they are down to circa 59. And, that is also accounting for much warmer ambient temperatures which have an adverse effect on engine performance. So in summary, the figures point to a much better track.

That is down to not having to ride around the holes :D 

4 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

That is down to not having to ride around the holes :D 

So you are in agreement that the poole track has been improved. Well done.

10 minutes ago, Aviator said:

So you are in agreement that the poole track has been improved. Well done.

Getting rid of the holes is an improvement but have no idea if it is a good track

1 minute ago, A ORLOV said:

Getting rid of the holes is an improvement but have no idea if it is a good track

Define a good track.

3 minutes ago, Aviator said:

Define a good track.

Not Swindon, should do it! :D

• Haha 2