British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem B. 1st August 2018

20 hours ago, DC2 said:

Yes, it is, but it shouldn’t be. 

Swindon and Wolves were built to 42.5 and haven’t been able to change because they chose well and have done well.

Poole chose a crap team, have made five changes, wheeling and dealing and dropping riders who have improved their averages, and now have one built to 46.5.

Swindon and Wolves should now be allowed to build to 46.5.

#Poole46.5

How did Swindle get on at Somerset on Wednesday??.....ooooooppppppsss another whooping .....glug glug glug.. :lol:  :party:

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Tell you what mate, go and offer your services to Matt. Im very sure you could do better...

Haha classic Starman!!!! You wont get an apology FB!!

8 hours ago, DC2 said:

46.5 is the total of your current team’s average from the start of year greensheets.

While it may be acceptable to allow a rubbish team to continually rebuild to 42.5 on rolling averages, it should also be acceptable for any team that has retained its original seven to rebuild to the starting average that the rubbish team has now assembled (on the proviso that they cannot build to more than Poole’s 46.5 by using only riders that have improved their averages). That would be fair.

Swindon, for example, could take their team’s original starting average of 42.24, take out Mitchell Davey’s average of 2.31 (as Smith was an injury replacement), leaving 39.93 and replace Smith with another rider with an original starting average of 46.5 - 39.93 = 6.57 (provided he has not increased it beyond 6.57).

So, to equal what Poole have done, Swindon should be allowed to replace Smith with Milik, Michelsen, Lahti, Kennett, Hougard, Barker or Pieszczek

That would be fair.

#Poole46.5

keep the campaign going lads. :)

It might be more credible if you got your averages right 'cos the current 1-7 certainly did not add up to 46.anything at the start of the season!! 

5 hours ago, Aviator said:

I thought we had moved on from that subject Skidder and now your surfacing it again!!! Quite why, I don’t know. However, I know most of the mechanics and can confirm it wasn’t any of them. I can also confirm it wasn’t Matthew Ford as he doesn’t get his hands dirty. Also the oil on the track was too dirty to be speedway engine oil. 

Agree. No way was it out of a speedway engine. Way to black. They hold less than 1 litre and are changed after around 4-5 races at a guess. That oil on the track was a few gallons I would say.

Ford is missing a trick chucking oil over the track :P

Image result for pirate oil

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It might be more credible if you got your averages right 'cos the current 1-7 certainly did not add up to 46.anything at the start of the season!! 

You’re correct....The current 1-7’s starting averages add up to 43.79

BK 8.08

CH 7.63

JG 7.34

RW 6.36

NK 5.73

KW 4.65

FJ 4.00

Edited by scottyfan

49 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Agree. No way was it out of a speedway engine. Way to black. They hold less than 1 litre and are changed after around 4-5 races at a guess. That oil on the track was a few gallons I would say.

Ford is missing a trick chucking oil over the track :P

Image result for pirate oil

Can we move on from this subject please, its all been cleared up no pun intended..

3 hours ago, Aviator said:

That is all inuendo, please convert to ??? Pounds Sterling!!

It was in the Echo, no need to repeat it..

3 hours ago, ray c said:

Still well below what we have had in the past though 1600\1700 both meetings

And your Sorce of imformation.. ?

3 hours ago, Aviator said:

On the subject of this “24/7 BV” access that you talk of, I don’t believe this to be true. I personally know and have worked with one of the “new owners” and, I can tell you the contract he has in place will be as tight as a drum and he will only pay for what he needs in terms of access etc.

Really, id want more access than that if you have a stadium where its used for bugger all else.. Not sure i would believe that..

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

No blinkers here, you are the one disrespectfully brushing off an experienced international rider's opinion as sour grapes when most would say he is not that kind of character. And I'm sure Poole's riders will say exactly what they are told to in a press conference :D

You are right, I wasn't there, I wouldn't put money into your promoter's pocket if his track was the last one on earth.

Oh no if the track is crap, Brady will say so!! :D

16 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

And your Sorce of imformation.. ?

I would not tell you anything I know to be honest 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottyfan said:

You’re correct....The current 1-7’s starting averages add up to 43.79

BK 8.08 

CH 7.63

JG 7.34

RW 6.36      7.26

NK 5.73       5.78

KW 4.65

FJ 4.00

Just corrected them for you. 44.74 total

#Poole46.5. :)

27 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Really, id want more access than that if you have a stadium where its used for bugger all else.. Not sure i would believe that..

Ok, to try and help you with this, why do poole open the gates to the public at 18:30 rather than perhaps 17:30? 

1 minute ago, Aviator said:

Ok, to try and help you with this, why do poole open the gates to the public at 18:30 rather than perhaps 17:30? 

If it’s the same as Swindon then it’s down to H&S

4 minutes ago, Aviator said:

Because thats always been opening time. Really no point in opening at 5.30.