British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem B. 1st August 2018

2 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Because thats always been opening time. Really no point in opening at 5.30.

2 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Because thats always been opening time. Really no point in opening at 5.30.

That’s not what 500 people queuing outside from 17:30 would think. I’m sure they would love to sit and admire the newly laid track. It’s almost certainly down to “rental” costs of the stadium. Whichever way you try to dress it up, the same will apply to any stadium that is not owned by the operating club (including BV).

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

Just corrected them for you. 44.74 total

#Poole46.5. :)

RW 6.36 is correct....Check the Speedway GB website 30.05.18 averages when Richie came into the side....Clearly says 6.36...I’ll give you NK at 5.78 so an increase to 43.84...Still nowhere near 46.5 is it.

9 hours ago, scottyfan said:

RW 6.36 is correct....Check the Speedway GB website 30.05.18 averages when Richie came into the side....Clearly says 6.36...I’ll give you NK at 5.78 so an increase to 43.84...Still nowhere near 46.5 is it.

RW's average was 7.26 but for some reason or another they decided to bring it down to 6.36.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poole’s track when in good shape, as it is now, is second only to Belle Vue. I have been to all tracks many times.  The shape of the Poole track is good, there is passing off every bend and its fast racing. The Belle Vue track is excellent and new with great design. A shame the idiot who planted out Leicesters track got it so wrong.

Kings Lynns track used to be decent but has gone completely to the dogs. Nearly always gate and go bar Lamberts blasts. Swindons is dire gate and go. Somerset can be decent at times but often very average. Wolverhamptons toy trick track is bloody awful.

Yes I am aware it’s down to personal taste but for people who haven’t seen the Poole track after it’s upgrade, they are just haters for the sake of hating.

Not changed that much imo,just got that little bit smaller over the years.If Lambert can overtake what is it that stops other riders doing the same.If one can do it proves it can be done,it's down to the other riders to follow Lamberts lead.

9 hours ago, scottyfan said:

No, you have to look at Richie’s end of 2017 average.

#Poole46.5ish. :)

31 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Not changed that much imo,just got that little bit smaller over the years.If Lambert can overtake what is it that stops other riders doing the same.If one can do it proves it can be done,it's down to the other riders to follow Lamberts lead.

Doesn’t work like that. Only a few riders have the ability to make passes. Lambert, Harris, etc. Most just can’t get by, hence follow the leader.

24 minutes ago, DC2 said:

No, you have to look at Richie’s end of 2017 average.

#Poole46.5ish. :)

But that wasn’t the average he came in on as his average dropped this season before he was signed up. His average was current.

Like saying Morris is being dropped at Swindon and we bring him in. Then you quote his average from the end of last season!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But that wasn’t the average he came in on as his average dropped this season before he was signed up. His average was current.

Like saying Morris is being dropped at Swindon and we bring him in. Then you quote his average from the end of last season!

You’re missing the whole point, which is that Swindon have their original 42.5 point team while Poole have a 44.74 one, based on the season’s starting averages.

#Poole46.5ish

But the riders brought in have current averages, nothing to do with what they have at the start of the season!

You are trying to score a point which is false.

Poole have done nothing wrong in assembling their team.  Riders have started the season and been discarded because of poor form.  Riders have been discarded when they were riding to and above their averages and riders who have been poor all season have finally found some form - only after Poole managed to strengthen their team - all within the rules.

Poole now have the team they thought they had at the start of the season and anything less than winning the playoffs will be more disappointing than Swindon whooping them at home this season.

They will totally deserve what’s coming to them!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DC2 said:

You’re missing the whole point, which is that Swindon have their original 42.5 point team while Poole have a 44.74 one, based on the season’s starting averages.

#Poole46.5ish

I'm glad you don't pay my wages!! 46.5 is the same as 44.74 and I wouldn't get a pay rise ever!!

Edited by foreverblue

12 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Poole have done nothing wrong in assembling their team.  Riders have started the season and been discarded because of poor form.  Riders have been discarded when they were riding to and above their averages and riders who have been poor all season have finally found some form - only after Poole managed to strengthen their team - all within the rules.

Poole now have the team they thought they had at the start of the season and anything less than winning the playoffs will be more disappointing than Swindon whooping them at home this season.

They will totally deserve what’s coming to them!

They are the only team with the resources to keep changing riders when it's not working too. Like Man City I have no problem with that, you get rich and poor clubs in every sport but they really should be winning in every year. Massive shock (or choke) if they don't win it this year with the seven currently declared.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I'm glad you don't pay my wages!! 46.5 is the same as 44.74 and I wouldn't get a pay rise ever!!

I’m glad I don’t pay your wages: you don't work, you’re always on here!  :)

#Poole46.5ish

7 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I’m glad I don’t pay your wages: you don't work, you’re always on here!  :)

#Poole46.5ish

I may be male but I can multitask!

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

I may be male but I can multitask!

Ah, multi-tasking: “doing several things badly”. :)