British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem B. 1st August 2018

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

They are the only team with the resources to keep changing riders when it's not working too. Like Man City I have no problem with that, you get rich and poor clubs in every sport but they really should be winning in every year. Massive shock (or choke) if they don't win it this year with the seven currently declared.

If you think Poole have a bottomless pit of money you are way off the mark. Do you think Harris with no air fares to pay is more expensive than Sundstrom?

6 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Ah, multi-tasking: “doing several things badly”. :)

Have you been talking to my manager again!

30 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

If you think Poole have a bottomless pit of money you are way off the mark. Do you think Harris with no air fares to pay is more expensive than Sundstrom?

Who said anything about a bottomless pit? Come on fb, you are one of the decent Poole fans on here, don't start making stuff up and not reading posts properly like some of the others.

total loss systems straight onto the track were banned, that's why we had to get oil catchers.

track curators all knew the oil helped bind the surface but health and safety and environment rules stopped oil from being used. 

27 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Who said anything about a bottomless pit? Come on fb, you are one of the decent Poole fans on here, don't start making stuff up and not reading posts properly like some of the others.

Yes but the changes made are not expensive ones. We got Worrall for Kildemand, Harris for Sundstrom, the only one that may have been more expensive is Jacobsen. 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

They are the only team with the resources to keep changing riders when it's not working too. Like Man City I have no problem with that, you get rich and poor clubs in every sport but they really should be winning in every year. Massive shock (or choke) if they don't win it this year with the seven currently declared.

Sorry Bagpuss but FB has a point you are making out Poole are like Man City who are one of the richest clubs in the PL.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

FB is right.

Poole have been a VERY well supported club both on a sponsorship and fan level even if things aren't so good now. 

9 minutes ago, Trees said:

Poole have been a VERY well supported club both on a sponsorship and fan level even if things aren't so good now. 

We still have a lot of good loyal sponsors. And although our crowds have been a bit down in comparison we still have a very big fan base, even without the holiday trade.
Thing is like all clubs, cost is not doing speedway any favours, and not like years ago people have to pick and choose there meetings. But proof is in the pudding, you bring in a decent rider like Chris who will give his all and is a racer crowds will come. But  Poland is killing things over here, and riders have to be realistic.

3 hours ago, Trees said:

As long as they are winning, the crowds come.

6 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes but the changes made are not expensive ones. We got Worrall for Kildemand, Harris for Sundstrom, the only one that may have been more expensive is Jacobsen. 

But in the long run he will be worth it. Matt really rates him.

Edited by Starman2006

20 minutes ago, OldRacer said:

As long as they are winning, the crowds come.

As i said on here, but as expected  i got a barage of abuse, our bad crowds are better than the majorities good crowds, so something clearlyy amiss elsewhere dont you think ? Then you are bound to disagree with me. Its the nature of the poole beast..
Last week the racing was pretty good the atmosphere was superb the cameradery in the pits was very good, when things are right we have the best club in the country by a million miles. Even we cant be brilliant, all the time..

Edited by Starman2006

12 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

As i said on here, but as expected  i got a barage of abuse, our bad crowds are better than the majorities good crowds, so something clearlyy amiss elsewhere dont you think ? Then you are bound to disagree with me. 

Do you have any numbers to support your statement? I have no idea whether it is true so can't disagree.

And yes, something is clearly amiss in British Speedway!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But that wasn’t the average he came in on as his average dropped this season before he was signed up. His average was current.

Like saying Morris is being dropped at Swindon and we bring him in. Then you quote his average from the end of last season!

Well the BSPA f#*ked on their website again.They most definitely put 7.26 on their website when he first signed which has duly disappeared in the last month or so

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

But in the long run he will be worth it. Matt really rates him.

So do i , really impressed with him both home and away, ok Leicester are not the best team but the way he rode at their track especially in the second meeting was impressive.