British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem B. 1st August 2018

16 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

All promoters know what has been discussed and proposed for 2019 so anyone NOT planning accordingly will only suffer the consequences!!

Agree but we don’t want any that to include not putting effort into meetings to reduce averages.

17 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

All promoters know what has been discussed and proposed for 2019 so anyone NOT planning accordingly will only suffer the consequences!!

Throwing in the odd duff meeting doesn't really alter averages all that much when on the rolling scheme. 

• Like 1

correct me if im wrong daniel but it all depends on a 20 match rolling ave what you scored on the meeting thats being dropped,eg a rider with 7pt ave could have a good meeting and score 9 from4 but if in the meeting he s dropping he scored 12 from 4 his 7pt ave would drop fractionally,or if a 5pt rider had a bad meeting and only scored 3 his ave would go up fractionlly if in the meeting he s dropping he didnt score at all 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, poole keith said:

correct me if im wrong daniel but it all depends on a 20 match rolling ave what you scored on the meeting thats being dropped,eg a rider with 7pt ave could have a good meeting and score 9 from4 but if in the meeting he s dropping he scored 12 from 4 his 7pt ave would drop fractionally,or if a 5pt rider had a bad meeting and only scored 3 his ave would go up fractionlly if in the meeting he s dropping he didnt score at all 

This is how I see it Keith. Averages are worked out by dividing the number of points scored, by the rides ridden, then you x 4

So heres Brady Kurtz for an example...…. His rolling ave is 6.80 at the mo.

He has had  93 rides, scored 158 points. you divide 158 by 93, then times that by 4 gives 6.7956, rounded up gives 6.80.

Lets say in his next meeting he scores 4 points from 4 rides.....

so 97 rides and 162 points..... So 162 points divided by 97 rides = 1.6701,  x 4 gives you 6.6804.....His new average after the poor meeting would be 6.68.

That's how I understand it Keith :t:

• Like 1

Thats correct. Bomber's is now 6.90 but achieved after the August 23rd cut-off for September so can now only be affected by the scores v Wolves on Wednesday and the score 21 meetings ago that drops out of the calculation and becomes effective on 1st October.

If there is little change then I can see the Poole 1-5 riding order from the play off semifinal on 1st October being Bomber; Kacper; Brady; Josh; Nicolai.

Whether that makes any difference we shall have to see.

Edited by Skidder1

24 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Thats correct. Bomber's is now 6.90 but achieved after the August 23rd cut-off for September so can now only be affected by the scores v Wolves on Wednesday and the score 21 meetings ago that drops out of the calculation and becomes effective on 1st October.

If there is little change then I can see the Poole 1-5 riding order from the play off semifinal on 1st October being Bomber; Kacper; Brady; Josh; Nicolai.

Whether that makes any difference we shall have to see.

Wow - a number one rider with an average less than 7.  I can't say I've ever seen that before.

Watch and learn!!  How many points are Swindon behind Poole?!:party:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

This is how I see it Keith. Averages are worked out by dividing the number of points scored, by the rides ridden, then you x 4

So heres Brady Kurtz for an example...…. His rolling ave is 6.80 at the mo.

He has had  93 rides, scored 158 points. you divide 158 by 93, then times that by 4 gives 6.7956, rounded up gives 6.80.

Lets say in his next meeting he scores 4 points from 4 rides.....

so 97 rides and 162 points..... So 162 points divided by 97 rides = 1.6701,  x 4 gives you 6.6804.....His new average after the poor meeting would be 6.68.

That's how I understand it Keith :t:

But if that is his 21st meeting just rode you will have to drop his 1st meeting from that tally.So if the first meeting he scored 4 from 4 then his average would still be 6.80.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Watch and learn!!  How many points are Swindon behind Poole?!:party:

6 points !

The reasons for this are two fold:

1.  Swindon started off well and ran out of steam for the latter part of the season.

2. Poole have had key riders riding gash for large parts of the season (average manipulation?) allowing Poole to operate a revolving door policy until they were happy with the team they had and then the poor performing riders started performing (coincidence? I think not)

Anyway on current form Poole will make the playoffs and Swindon won’t and I think that reflects their current performances in the league and I accept that.

11 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

6 points !

The reasons for this are two fold:

1.  Swindon started off well and ran out of steam for the latter part of the season.

2. Poole have had key riders riding gash for large parts of the season (average manipulation?) allowing Poole to operate a revolving door policy until they were happy with the team they had and then the poor performing riders started performing (coincidence? I think not)

Anyway on current form Poole will make the playoffs and Swindon won’t and I think that reflects their current performances in the league and I accept that.

Poole are in the play offs, its now mathematically impossible for us not to be in the play offs. Yes we changed the team, all teams who are likely to be in the play offs have changed their team.

DC2 went on and on endlessly about how Swindon hadn't changed their team but maybe some changes should have been made.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2018 at 7:34 AM, therefused said:

Turns out the Lynn game plan worked perfectly for this meeting. 

Didn’t bother putting the effort in on the motocross track as we knew we were always going to finish above Poole. Led them into a false sense of security and then smashed them last night. It’s clear Lynn were never trying for this one, we never wanted to win it. 

Little bit of kidology there dont you think.. Who are you trying to fool ?

Does anyone know if the riders play off scores over the 2/4 matches count in the final calculations for final GSA calculations for the start of next season ???

I always thought for some reason they only took the regular season results and not the play off scores but maybe someone can clarify for me.

If it was regular season only then one can maybe understand (if frustratingly for many supporters) why riders could be dragging their av down over the last couple of meetings IF either their seasons are done or they are maybe under instruction with a view to Team Management plans for 2019 where most if not all the promoters probably know already what the likely make up of the League/s will be. Maybe even if their is a revamp of league structure and perhaps what the proposed team points limits will be, and if it is going to be a big league or one top league of Prem and top half champ teams and a second league of bottom half Champ and N/L teams. Also that deadly conversion factor for Prem riders if they do go down the 1.6 conversion factor.

Suddenly would make say a Brady Kurtz 8 point plus look a lot different to say a current 6.8 on conversion if its x 1.6 for next seasons possible new set up ??? Same could be argued for the likes of Woryna and Jakobsen who also look on attractive rolling GSA's for next season based on what the Poole website riders stats current rolling GSA's show after that KL away match.

Play-off scores don't count towards GSAs - unless they chnage the rules as they did with the KO Cup?!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Play-off scores don't count towards GSAs - unless they chnage the rules as they did with the KO Cup?!

Nothing would suprise me. Just like the signing of new riders after July..