British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem B. 1st August 2018

8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Throwing in the odd duff meeting doesn't really alter averages all that much when on the rolling scheme. 

If 5 riders drop their average by just 0.10 then a team has 0.50 extra to play with and their opponents probably would gain that too. So it’s almost 1 whole point in team building between 2 teams. 1 meeting does make a difference even on a rolling system.

however Brady does seem genuinely frustrated. I’m sure it’s hard to implement anyway because riders are riding for money, they do want to earn and all monies from club to rider is accountable. If a rider is being bunged to manipulate his average then surely that’s the equivalent of spot fixing in cricket and that can lead to jail time (correct me if I’m wrong). People bet on speedway. I have Poole to lose by 10 and they lose by more through average manipulation then that’s not cool. It’s hyperthetical I know though but just thinking it through.

On 8/30/2018 at 5:27 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

You do realise Poole handed out a much bigger arse whopping to Kings Lynn and could have had 65 but for a fall and ef. We would still have won on aggregate. :cheers:

:rofl:  :rofl:    :rofl:

All credit to Shovvy, even when ya team gets a dicking he can still find a positive spin to put on it. Ya average fan would take the dicking on the chin, moan about team changes and move on. Not Shovvy.:)

• Like 2